BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Fucking people...

08-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #23
MartinHattingh
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 XDrive 2.0i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands View Post
Kerbing wheels is a particular problem especially on the bigger alloys.
http://goo.gl/AEwWG / Alloygator seems like an interesting product and i am considering it for both my F07 and F20.
Very interesting. My first thoughts were "hmmm, it will probably look a bit silly", but I think the black version should blend in just fine. Per wheel, it's about half the cost of respraying (at least, respraying here in Cape Town, I'd imagine it may be pricier in Europe).
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #24
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
I think the silver one would make your alloys look larger still.

I think it is a practical option, the videos suggest it can take a fare bit of damage without affecting the wheel and yet with a supplied tool, you can scrape off the scuffed gator.

Clearly it doesn't beat a proper re-spray but as one who has spent about £400/year on my GT's 20" alloys (and its picked up some kerbing again on 3 of 4 alloys in the past 6 months, it might just be the more sensible way to do things.

My F20 has 17" alloys, so a bit more profile until of course we find a particular high kerb. Almost certain we will, comes with the territory.

PS: LOVE MINERAL WHITE - ESPECIALLY WITH THE URBAN WHITE GRILLES. Or did i mention that already??!!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #25
MartinHattingh
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands View Post

PS: LOVE MINERAL WHITE - ESPECIALLY WITH THE URBAN WHITE GRILLES. Or did i mention that already??!!
Haha, you did! But you're welcome to mention it again, I agree with you fully!

I'm actually thinking of getting my windows tinted now, any form of white looks really great IMHO with dark windows, the contrast will create a really nice appearance (especially since the rest is *all* white with the grille).
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #26
Brenyaman
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: F20 120D Aut Urban

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinHattingh View Post
Haha, you did! But you're welcome to mention it again, I agree with you fully!

I'm actually thinking of getting my windows tinted now, any form of white looks really great IMHO with dark windows, the contrast will create a really nice appearance (especially since the rest is *all* white with the grille).
Are you going the BMW-way or will look elsewhere for the tinted windows?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #27
MartinHattingh
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenyaman View Post
Are you going the BMW-way or will look elsewhere for the tinted windows?
I don't think so no, am looking at prices from a few suppliers. It's actually surprising how many service providers there are! Will definitely go with a reputable one though.

Someone mentioned that a 40% tint is a good balance.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #28
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
The Sun Protection Pack from BMW at time of ordering is only £250 and covers 3 windows in dark smoke tint + grey shade windscreen. Very good deal and a shame i did not opt for it.

In the UK aftermarket fitment on 3-windows at a BMW dealership costs £350 but a reputed 3M fitter would do it for £250.

I want to get my new F20 done but i dont want it too dark - I will probably go for a mid-smoke tint. Saw a Alpine White F20 in Knightsbridge the other day with a really dark tint and it looked crap.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #29
Ossman
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 118d Sport

Garage List
Got the car back today, but not in the condition it should be. Sloppy paint work done on the door. Dust in the paint every few centimeters. And a bunch of scuffed plastic inside that haven't been replaced. So it'll have to go in for another visit...
      09-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #30
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Our 116i got dented today. A van reversed into it, hitting the front licence plate with the tow hook. It was an unfortunate accident, as I had indeed parked in his blind zone. I was in the car when it happend, but did not react quick enough to honk before just when he hit me. Oh well.
Appreciate 0