BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW 125i Pricing AUSTRALIA

10-11-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
OzBMW84
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 340i M Sport Limited Edition

BMW 125i Pricing AUSTRALIA

Hi all,

I've just sold my 125i coupe and am in the market for a new car. I'm considering a VW Scirocco or a 125i M-sports.

If it's not to crass, I'd like to know what deals aussies have been getting on these and what options they have been fitting. The last thing I want is a dealer to make too much $$ off me.

I've specced a vehicle as follows:
M-Sports
Business Nav
Front parking sensors (for the wife)
Parking assistance (again for the wife. Is it worth the 400 odd?)
Bi Xenons
Digital Radio
Hi Fi loudspeakers (not the HK system)
Internet
Lights package

The RRP is coming in at $64,500.

My questions are:
* How much discount should be expected on these?
* How have you guys been speccing your vehicles?
* What prices have you been achieving?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

In terms of colours I'm thinking Estoril Blue with a black interior or Mineral White with a red leather interior.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

'AusF20' is the man to answer this one.

In the UK the max discount you will get is 9% after breaking a few balls so to speak!
      10-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m01lim View Post
Hi all,

I've specced a vehicle as follows:
M-Sports
Business Nav
Front parking sensors (for the wife)
Parking assistance (again for the wife. Is it worth the 400 odd?)
Bi Xenons
Digital Radio
Hi Fi loudspeakers (not the HK system)
Internet
Lights package

The RRP is coming in at $64,500.

My questions are:
* How much discount should be expected on these?
* How have you guys been speccing your vehicles?
* What prices have you been achieving?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

In terms of colours I'm thinking Estoril Blue with a black interior or Mineral White with a red leather interior.

Hi
The 125i M Sport is brilliant. Dont bother with the VW
In terms of price you are pretty close to the mark with your specs. You could get a slightly better price by shopping between two or more dealers (thats what I did and saved about $5K on the original price.

As for your specs. I would push to have the Pro Nav and the HK. You could probably get those upgrades included if you stick to the price quoted. If you have a look at the pics of mine you wll see what $68K on road gets you.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
FunkDocta52
Rep
Drives: Mitsubishi Lancer VRX

Hey mate,

I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't yet started negotiating with dealers, but the specs I want come to a similar price as yours.

As an absolute minimum you should expect to get about $3,500 off the driveaway price without much effort. My spec comes to approx $65,000, but I have set myself a max budget of $60,000. At worst if I really want the car but the dealer won't budge, I might have to compromise a little with my options, but I'm going to try my hardest not to.

Basically where they make most of their profits from is through the dealer delivery fee and the options you add on. So I don't think its unreasonable to expect $5,000 off. It may help if you can get a corporate package, but don't mention it at the start.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
js39
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 125i M Sport

Hi m01lim,

I live in the same city as you and have just ordered F20 125i M Sport 3 weeks ago, here is my spec:

F20 125i
  • 8 Speed Automatic
  • M Sport (a must have for me)
  • Bi Xenon (same reason as above)
  • Navigation Business (was planning to buy portable GPS device but after experiencing the nav system on BMW while test driving, it became a must have for me too)
  • Front Parking Sensor
  • Metallic Paint
The quote I got for the above was $66,200, and at the end I managed to get $4200 discount and so the final price was $62,000 with some cheap goodies like BMW floor mats, full tank of fuel and gifts from BMW.

My budget was really similar to yours, I told my sale person that if he could offer me $60,000 drive-away, I would pay cash today. However, I already knew that it would be very difficult for me to receive an almost $6000 discounted deal on the New 1-Series, therefore I chose to compromise a little on my max budget, as I really didn’t have any optional that I could drop out.

Don’t want to disappoint you but the RRP you posted (from carsales.com.au?) are very likely to be higher when you are at a dealership.

For example, the dealer delivery cost for me was $45xx instead of $38xx (according to carsales.com.au), F20 125i was $46,000 then plus $3000 for an automatic gearbox, and the metallic paint was $1300.

Colours – I have 2 more weeks to decide the colour/trim for my 125i, my first pick was Mineral White too, but, unfortunately, this colour isn’t available when you have 125i with M Sport Package. That leaves me with only Black and Estoril Blue to choose from (both are metallic paints).

There is another option I might add in before I sign the final contract, the Extended Instrument Panel, many F20 owners on this forum say it’s well worth for its price - http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=714051.

I hope the above info has helped you a bit!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
OzBMW84
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Thank you guys.

Very helpful response!

My biggest limitation is that I need a car within the next 2 weeks as I currently don't have a vehicle.

I'm also worried with BMW's 'tick every individual option' approach rather than packages, the more I configure the car to what I want the worse off I'm going to be come resale time.

The $64500 price I got was from a dealer. They have since only managed to find an estoril blue vehicle with a RRP of $71000 which is well beyond what I would spend.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
js39
Rep

Quote:
Thank you guys.

Very helpful response!

My biggest limitation is that I need a car within the next 2 weeks as I currently don't have a vehicle.

I'm also worried with BMW's 'tick every individual option' approach rather than packages, the more I configure the car to what I want the worse off I'm going to be come resale time.

The $64500 price I got was from a dealer. They have since only managed to find an estoril blue vehicle with a RRP of $71000 which is well beyond what I would spend.
The 125i I ordered is already going to be a 2012 Dec build (then plus 3 months of wait period), so I guess you really have to visit a few other dealers to get yourself the ideal 125i.

So the RRP $64,500 125i, is it Auto? what colour is it and has it got metallic paint? Also how many KMs has it done?

By looking at its specs, I think the dealer has set a reasonable price for it already (my guess is, it's a demo vehicle?).

Of course there's room for discount still but it will depend on factors mentioned above - whether it's an Auto and whether it has metallic paint or not.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
amberzombie
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: MG F80 ZCP

Garage List
2007 E90 320i  [0.00]
There's an ex-demo 125i in Apline White at a QLD dealership for $62,900 if anyone's interested. It's on carsales and I nearly pulled the trigger on that one.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #9
js39
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberzombie View Post
There's an ex-demo 125i in Alpine White at a QLD dealership for $62,900 if anyone's interested. It's on carsales and I nearly pulled the trigger on that one.
http://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars/...d=135E5183A0E3 (Has done 2055km)

To me I don't like the fact that it's missing quite a number of must-have options such as the Bi Xenon, Nav Business, plus Alpine White is a non-metallic colour, too.

I would only consider buying it if it's around $57,500 AUD (after negotiation).
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #10
FunkDocta52
Rep
Drives: Mitsubishi Lancer VRX

That ad has been up there for a while now. Also, they don't properly explain what options it has (they didn't mention the sunroof, so who knows what else they forgot), but instead choose to list every feature of the m sport pack.

There is also a demo in NSW for over $71,000, yet only a few options are listed. You could almost have an M135i for that kind of money, so I expect it to have a large amount of additional options. How hard is it for these dealers to show accurate information about the cars they are selling?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #11
OzBMW84
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Good point about the Auto Js39. I checked my quoted out and the dealer has missed this. So that's another 3k on to the price!

I dont have a vehicle at the moment and I can't wait for an order. What's worse I can't seem to find a car fitted with the Msports, Navigation and Bi Xenons as a minimum. They all seems to be missing the Xenons which I feel is a must have.

Thanks for all the responses guys. You're very helpful and its much appreciated!

AusF20 I checked your thread out and your car looks brilliant! Maybe I'll see you on the road sometime.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #12
amberzombie
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: MG F80 ZCP

Garage List
2007 E90 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by js39 View Post
http://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars/...d=135E5183A0E3 (Has done 2055km)

To me I don't like the fact that it's missing quite a number of must-have options such as the Bi Xenon, Nav Business, plus Alpine White is a non-metallic colour, too.

I would only consider buying it if it's around $57,500 AUD (after negotiation).
I actually got the spec sheet from the dealer as I was quite interested in it. He says they didn't list everything in the ad (I wonder why???)

M-Sport pack
Adaptive suspension
Sunroof
Business Nav
DAB tuner

Not the best-spec'd car out there by far, so I am sure you can negotiate further. They were willing to re-register the car to NSW for free (but charge a $500 shipping fee)

If you guys want the spec sheet (and dealer's name) PM me and i'll forward the email to you.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #13
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep

[QUOTE=amberzombie;12837170]I actually got the spec sheet from the dealer as I was quite interested in it. He says they didn't list everything in the ad (I wonder why???)

M-Sport pack
Adaptive suspension
Sunroof
Business Nav
DAB tuner

Not the best-spec'd car out there by far, so I am sure you can negotiate further. They were willing to re-register the car to NSW for free (but charge a $500 shipping fee)

M01

It never ceases to amaze me why these dealers order their demos with these types of specs
They must start off with 'it all about the look' notion when choosing extras, then they must think 'OOP's, spent too much, that will do', without considering what the driver is looking for in that model

The stupid thing is, if they did spec them with the right goodies they would sell them prior to delivery anyway.

My dealer has 3* 125i M sport demos (only one has xennons) coming and five buyers who are willing to pay him above list to get a (optioned up) 125i M sport immediately.

One of them was at the dealers when I arrived to pick mine up and offered me 5K cash to give him the deal.

If he thought I would accept that after waiting 4 months, I told him that he had rocks in his head.

Good luck with buying a 125i M Sport for under $60K at present

That white 125i M Sport for $62K is a great buy if you want the performance and want it straight away.

My dealer said he would not give me the same deal if I was looking at my car now. It would be 6K higher. Recently, there have been some glowing reports on the 125i M Sport and M135i so it no suprise.

The problem is that the 125i M Sport and M135i are now 'in demand' 1er models with all orders for them being highly speced up.

Case in point, a friend has just ordered a 125i M Sport in Metalic White with a coral red interior and all the same extras as mine, plus a sunroof for his wife from my dealer. The price quoted was $76K on road, He accepted.

BMW are costly in OZ

If you can wait until the Merc A250 AMG arrives in Aus in early 2013, then you will get a better deal.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #14
js39
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]
Case in point, a friend has just ordered a 125i M Sport in Metalic White with a coral red interior and all the same extras as mine, plus a sunroof for his wife from my dealer. The price quoted was $76K on road, He accepted.
Hi AusF20,

are you sure that your friend ordered a Metallic White 125i M Sport?

Because I was told (or according to the brochure) that if you choose to have the M Sport Package fitted, then the color "Mineral White Metallic" will become unavailable.

The only white colour available for cars with M Sport Package is the "Alpine White non-metallic".

I personally wanted to have my 125i M Sport in Mineral White Metallic very much but I couldn't.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #15
OzBMW84
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Yeah I was told you can't get a mineral white M-sports, which really is a damn shame. It would look spectacular.

Anyhow, Mercedes has just released pricing on the A250 AMG Kit and it's going to make life bloody difficult for BMW. A completely loaded A250 comes in at 63K drive away. I'm talking:
Full AMG Kit including interior upgrades (including red painter callipers etc.)
AMG Exclusive Package - Even more differentiation
Memory Seats
Xenons
Panoramic Sunroof
Distronic Cruise Control Plus (Radar guided cruise control)
Blind Spot Assist
Land Change Assist
Parking Assist (parks parallel all by itself)
Front & Rear Parking Sensors
Reverse Camera
Command system with navigation, voice control etc.
Harmon Kardon Logic 7 Sound
Even more that I have forgotten or can't be bothered listing lol.

If you order now, you get the vehicle in March.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #16
OzBMW84
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

AUSF20, you're visiting the wrong dealership. There's a certain BMW dealership that is absolutely desperate to do deals at the moment and have been ringing me constantly about making a decision on the BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #17
js39
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I was told you can't get a mineral white M-sports, which really is a damn shame. It would look spectacular.

Anyhow, Mercedes has just released pricing on the A250 AMG Kit and it's going to make life bloody difficult for BMW. A completely loaded A250 comes in at 63K drive away. I'm talking:
Full AMG Kit including interior upgrades (including red painter callipers etc.)
AMG Exclusive Package - Even more differentiation
Memory Seats
Xenons
Panoramic Sunroof
Distronic Cruise Control Plus (Radar guided cruise control)
Blind Spot Assist
Land Change Assist
Parking Assist (parks parallel all by itself)
Front & Rear Parking Sensors
Reverse Camera
Command system with navigation, voice control etc.
Harmon Kardon Logic 7 Sound
Even more that I have forgotten or can't be bothered listing lol.

If you order now, you get the vehicle in March.

Do you have the link?

I read some A-Class articles today, too, didn't see features like the Memory seats, navigation..etc.

Anyway, it already has so much more standard features than the 125i M Sport has, if the price is only around $63k (then got to add maybe another 7k on-road cost to it, but of course you still have room for discount),

I'll be like.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
AUSF20, you're visiting the wrong dealership. There's a certain BMW dealership that is absolutely desperate to do deals at the moment and have been ringing me constantly about making a decision on the BMW.

They all do that, I had several dealers chasing me saying they would do the best deal until you get into the showroom and sit down with them.
Then the hard sell starts and the cost of all those extras pumps it up to over the $75K mark.

In the end, I had two BMW dealers refuse to meet the price I was finally given by Westside BMW after many negiotations.

If you have an ABN they will tell you that you can claim the GST so their figures look good on paper without the 10% tax being included, but remember you have to pay the GST when you finally sell the car.

All the Brisbane area dealers currently have 118i M Sport on their floors (with Sunroof and business nav only) for $65K Drive away, so I cannot see them giving you a 125i M Sport with all the goodies including Xennns, HK, M Brakes Pro Nav etc for less when there are none in stock.

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #19
OzBMW84
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Thanks AusF20.

I'm really thinking hard about the value proposition.

JS, the details are up on Mercedes Australia's website but the pricing is not just yet.

http://www2.mercedes-benz.com.au/con.../optional.html

When I said $63K, that was DRIVE AWAY including on roads. I was at the MB dealer yesterday and we optioned an A250 sport with AMG Exclusive Package, Vision Package, Command Package and Driving Assistance Package (All the details on the link I posted). It priced up to$63K all inclusive. In short this is an A250 with absolutely every option added to it. The only thing extra would be metallic paint. The car I specified was flat white.

I absolutely can't believe how it has been priced against the 125i. It even makes a Scirocco look expensive!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:31 AM   #20
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:

m01lim
They are all desperate to do a deal on 116i or 118i. Three BMW dealers promised they would beat any other BMW dealer, but when I sat down with each of them and started to work out the real botton line where a contract can be signed, they all tried to bump the price back up over the $72K with the extras.
Westside BMW were the only dealer willing to come below $70K and I had to negotiate a lot to get them down lower to the price I paid.

If you go into any Brisbane area BMW dealer, you will see they all now have a 118i M Sport with a sunroof, bis nav and just the basics on the floor for a drive away price of $68K.
There are no 125i M Sports on the floor.

Good luck getting a 125i M Sport with Xennons, M Brakes, HK, Pro Nav, DAB, folding mirrors etc etc for under that now.

When the Merc A250 AMG comes out it might force BMW to play, however knowing MB Aust they will offer the A250 AMG at a similar price.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #21
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks AusF20.

I'm really thinking hard about the value proposition.

JS, the details are up on Mercedes Australia's website but the pricing is not just yet.

http://www2.mercedes-benz.com.au/con.../optional.html

When I said $63K, that was DRIVE AWAY including on roads. I was at the MB dealer yesterday and we optioned an A250 sport with AMG Exclusive Package, Vision Package, Command Package and Driving Assistance Package (All the details on the link I posted). It priced up to$63K all inclusive. In short this is an A250 with absolutely every option added to it. The only thing extra would be metallic paint. The car I specified was flat white.

I absolutely can't believe how it has been priced against the 125i. It even makes a Scirocco look expensive!

YEP, that pre sales pitch works every time.

I was told I could get my 125i m Sport fully optioned up for under $60K back in January before they were released onto the Aus market in June.
It is amazing how the price went up once the car is available to order.

It will be the same for the A250 AMG when it is released here. MB know that certain people will desperately want one and pay a premium to have the newest flash car on the scene.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #22
OzBMW84
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I sat down with our MB dealer today and completely specced out an A250 Sport AMG:

A250 Sport AMG
- Vision Package
- AMG Exclusive Package
- Driver Assistance Package
- Command Package

All up it came to $64,000 Drive Away. The packages represent fantastic value compared to the 'tick every option' approach on the BMW 125is and the car is completely loaded with features far in excess of even a 70K 125i. I signed on the dotted line and got the vehicle for $62,500. I'm expecting delivery in early March. I'll drive the vehicle well before then I'm sure, and if it's not what I want, I doubt I'll have trouble getting the car allocated to someone else.

I didn't push further with the BMW, because all up the car I wanted was coming in at around 73K. This was less fully featured than the A250, and I doubt they were going to knock 7k off the price. I still love the vehicle, the Estoril Blue with the M-Pack looks brilliant, and the drive is lovely. If the A doesn't work out I'll revisit the 1-series. Hopefully by then BMW sorts themselves out and come back down to earth with the pricing and equipment. Right now they are just gouging.
Appreciate 0