BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 118i 170ps N13 engine problem

06-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #1
ozgur_
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

118i 170ps N13 engine problem

Hi everyone,

We have a problem with N13 and authorized service can not solve this problem.

In the beginning, problem started like in the video:

At the moment, problem is proceed:

Extra: my friend (320i ed N13) have a problem, authorized service change the fuel pump, and they hope to solve the problem

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #2
Funkier
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 316i + F54 Cooper

So here are the questions to be answered:
1. any mods?
2. Do you immediately drive the car after it starts up?
3. Do you frequently let the tank totally empty down to 10kms range as is in the video?

Do you frequently consume all gasoline before you fill-up?
If you let the tank empty down to estimated range levels of 13km, it is very likely that you are forcing the engine to suck all the deposits floating in the fuel tank.

Also any mods, chips?

Do you leave the vehicle on hold without driving when you start the engine the first time? Make sure you don't do that.

If this is a proceeding problem start the car, drive immediately without staying on hold, around 100kms long, at constant engine speeds of 2750-3350rpms, you may prefers the Manual mode since the top gear does not make that much rev on speeds like 90kmph. For safety reasons I would not advise you to exceed 90kmph speed.

None of the above?
If all the above or maybe further possibilities are already eliminated, check engine's magnetic valve. There was a call for the magnetic valves and they are changed in N13s under warranty.
Appreciate 0