BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Lexus LFA drives dies after crashing into a BMW

06-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #23
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgeek View Post
I am just going to throw this out there....who cares?!?!?!?

I am certainly not going to be apathetic on an online forum for three people in a car accident.

A $325,000 Lexus prototype crashes into a BMW. One guy dies and two others are seriously injured. Fatal accidents happen all the time. The Toyota safety comment was kind of funny.
You cared enough to read through some of the stupid comments to make a "who cares" post. And yet you say you're NOT going to be apathetic. Hmm.

But it shows that you don't care (or can't read); it wasn't a $325K prototype; it was a reported 1.5 million Euro prototype.

Ragingclue you have somebody challenging you for a grammar fail award. Make that "epic" fail.
      06-25-2010, 06:46 PM   #24
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:

I am certainly not going to be apathetic on an online forum for three people in a car accident.

A $325,000 Lexus prototype crashes into a BMW. One guy dies and two others are seriously injured. Fatal accidents happen all the time. The Toyota safety comment was kind of funny.

It wasn't just any test driver that was killed in the Lexus. The guy was basically the grandfather of Toyota's performance program, and by every account I've heard he was a great guy.

This would be like Dave Hill getting killed in a prototype Vette, or Adolf Prommesberger dying in the new M3.

It would have taken less effort to show a little respect than it did to make that post.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #25
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Quote:

Wow. You sound so ignorant.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #26
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:

wtf...

You are making a point to be apathetic on an online forum for three people in a car accident. Yet you say you're not.... Which is it?

Nobody's asking you to shed a tear or say a prayer. Just don't be a complete BMW dickbag about it. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 01:15 AM   #27
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

i think age has more to do with it than the crash safety of the lfa. when you are 68 and get hit, you body will not handle like a 30 years old body. lfa compartment seemed to hold up pretty well given it is the lighter car. lighter car always loose when hit by a heavier/larger car...see fit vs accord crash test to see what i mean.

anyway RIP.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 01:53 AM   #28
rbaldwin28
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Sport Prem. White

Garage List
2007 335I  [0.00]
Wow, good thread. Subscribed
      06-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #29
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
its really sad to see him go like this. But if i were him, I wouldnt really mind dying like that. Its like dying while having sex with your most intimate lover - it could be considered a great honor. I always say Id rather die instantly in my 320i when im old versus a slow and painful death. But thats just me, im weird like that.

You guys, im usually the ignorant cunt on the forum, but this is really inappropriate behavior... The guy is a champion. He deserves a bit of respect, hes earned it.

The most innapropriate thing i would say is: Toyota is really going to start hating BMW with this.... Its a bad enough blow the M3 pwns the prius.... now this?
      06-29-2010, 06:52 PM   #30
chemgeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 335/white-saddle/msport

Geez guys, sorry for the double negative in my post. I had deleted a more vivid word for "apathetic" and forgot to delete the "not."

Ok, if the guys was a legend, I guess he deserves a little respect (I don't keep tabs on drivers). I just don't get all caught up in this RIP stuff. To me, people die, it is a part of life. Shoot, when I die, I can only hope to be driving a car like that.

..and I still think the Toyota joke was funny.