BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Steering wheel help

09-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
raffoul232
Private
Rep
Drives: m135i xdrive

Well after debating in my head what to do, I finally took a decision. I prefer flat bottomed steering wheels because I got used to them from previous cars. Now that means that the only 2 that can give me that are the m-performance ones. I prefer the one with the race display but I have some questions that hopefully someone can shed some light.

1) yes I've seen all the videos on you tube about it but it says that once you turn on the vehicle it will appear on the small screen of the wheel "bmw m performance". I have gotten now 2 pictures where it showed it in one and not the other. Why is that? (Pics added)

2) would the m performance race display steering wheel made for an f30 fit my f20? Asking because my country sells it for 4000$+ and now since I'm in ny I found it for 1300$ and in the states the f20/21 isn't available.

3) if I do purchase the steering wheel from the states and bring it back home with me, what would the units be ie would it show in mph or kph/ Celsius or Fahrenheit/ feet or meter/ not sure about g force or anything else but you get it?

4) at night if I'm driving on comfort mode will the leds light up as well? Asking this cause all the articles I read mention sport and Eco mode only, no mention what so ever of comfort or sports+ which I find a bit odd. Also, at night I don't wan the leds flashing constantly.

Hope I can find some answers on here cause before I left my dealer couldn't answer any of them had no idea of anything apart from telling me it would cost you 4000$. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
raffoul232
Private
Rep

Bump, anyone? Should these questions be asked on the f30 part of the forum
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2020 F44 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffoul232 View Post
Hey man, I looked at your question earlier today. I personally do not have an answer for you but maybe try the F30 section. They might help you out there. Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
raffoul232
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffoul232 View Post
Hey man, I looked at your question earlier today. I personally do not have an answer for you but maybe try the F30 section. They might help you out there. Good Luck
I did post the same thread at the f30 part of the site. Apart from getting an answer for question 2, it's been quite. Anyone know a site that can help me with these questions?
Appreciate 0