BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 M140i - Drivetrain vibration under moderate acceleration

02-05-2024, 12:45 PM   #1
jjsutton
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i (Stage2+ 480hp)

Garage List
Question F20 M140i - Drivetrain vibration under moderate acceleration

Hi there,

New to the forums so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I have a 2017 F20 M140i which is tuned to around 480hp and 680nm, i have developed almost a flat tyre feeling under acceleration, i have changed the rear tyres and alloys for my stock alloys which are fine and the issue is still there.

Have noticed a slight hesitation under low RPM where i can feel the car almost misfiring but checked on ISTA+ and no misfires and spark plugs were serviced a few hundred miles ago.

Took it to my friend who has worked on BMWs and is well clued up compared to me, he said it could be the centre propshaft bearing and the rubber donut which connects from the prop to the rear diff.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? - Driveshafts look OK, would the centre prop and donut cause this behaviour?

Many thanks.
Appreciate 1
leemo0.00
      02-10-2024, 10:06 AM   #2
DieselDuck
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMWB58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsutton View Post
Hi there,

New to the forums so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I have a 2017 F20 M140i which is tuned to around 480hp and 680nm, i have developed almost a flat tyre feeling under acceleration, i have changed the rear tyres and alloys for my stock alloys which are fine and the issue is still there.

Have noticed a slight hesitation under low RPM where i can feel the car almost misfiring but checked on ISTA+ and no misfires and spark plugs were serviced a few hundred miles ago.

Took it to my friend who has worked on BMWs and is well clued up compared to me, he said it could be the centre propshaft bearing and the rubber donut which connects from the prop to the rear diff.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? - Driveshafts look OK, would the centre prop and donut cause this behaviour?

Many thanks.
If possible make a proper log (i.e. with MHD monitor license). Log while doing a pull from around 2000 to 6500rpm in 4th gear.
Appreciate 0