BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Looking for Honeymoon advice / recommendations

11-11-2015, 02:05 PM   #67
mashimarho
BMW GENIUS
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
You do not have kids and you'r eon the west coast, get your arse to Australia. You can do the whole beach/relax thing and get as adventurous as you want, Sydney is a magnificent tourist city, it really is.

Do something you will not do once the weight of the worlds crushes your spirit. Fly Qantas premium Economy, stay in downtown Sydney, hit the beaches, hit the nightlife, hit the very close by National parks, it has everything.

Only downside is it's an expensive country but hey it's all 30% off in USD and no tipping or additional taxes!!
Good point! I will take a look!
      11-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #68
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
How much time you got? Two weeks?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #69
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
You do not have kids and you'r eon the west coast, get your arse to Australia. You can do the whole beach/relax thing and get as adventurous as you want, Sydney is a magnificent tourist city, it really is.

Do something you will not do once the weight of the worlds crushes your spirit. Fly Qantas premium Economy, stay in downtown Sydney, hit the beaches, hit the nightlife, hit the very close by National parks, it has everything.

Only downside is it's an expensive country but hey it's all 30% off in USD and no tipping or additional taxes!!
I'd say that's a long way to go to see a city comparable to Vancouver. If you do like the idea of Australia, the Gold Coast is probably more what you're looking for.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 02:11 PM   #70
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Bahhhhhh you're wedding date is fucked up. You're heading into our fall (autumn).

That's fine if you just want to explore about but not gonna hit the beaches too hard unless you go north (north is warmer remember it's all arse backwards).
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 02:14 PM   #71
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
I'd say that's a long way to go to see a city comparable to Vancouver. If you do like the idea of Australia, the Gold Coast is probably more what you're looking for.
I see the similarity in Vancouver but SYdney is prettier city and much larger, spent time in both. It's also considerably hotter with much, much better beaches.

Gold Coast?? Too much like Florida in the tourist parts and the real gems are the outskirts that no one knows about. Not to mention it's nowhere near as cosmopolitan as Sydney or melbourne (or Vancouver) where you're in a real proper city with outdoor recreation at your fingertips.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 02:17 PM   #72
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti
Quote:
I see the similarity in Vancouver but SYdney is prettier city and much larger, spent time in both. It's also considerably hotter with much, much better beaches.

Gold Coast?? Too much like Florida in the tourist parts and the real gems are the outskirts that no one knows about. Not to mention it's nowhere near as cosmopolitan as Sydney or melbourne (or Vancouver) where you're in a real proper city with outdoor recreation at your fingertips.
I've spent a lot of time in Sydney too and yes it is cosmopolitan but that's the problem. It's not a honeymoon destination. I've met the OP and I think he's looking for more luxurious relaxation.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 02:22 PM   #73
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I've spent a lot of time in Sydney too and yes it is cosmopolitan but that's the problem. It's not a honeymoon destination. I've met the OP and I think he's looking for more luxurious relaxation.
In that case why Hawaii? Should be Caymans, Bermuda, St Marteen etc etc. Or if heading west, try Vanuatu Bora Bora as it's not such a hassle from the west coast.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 02:24 PM   #74
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Hawaii is laid-back enough so that it's relaxing but also not bored and isolated in the middle of nowhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 02:28 PM   #75
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

bahhh it's a honeymoon, go somewhere less American. St Marteen gets my vote. Before he knows it he's buried in a mortgage, kids throwing up everywhere, wife slowly morphs into standard neurotic white woman, do it noooooowwwwwwww.
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2015, 02:29 PM   #76
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti
bahhh it's a honeymoon, go somewhere less American. St Marteen gets my vote. Before he knows it he's buried in a mortgage, kids throwing up everywhere, wife slowly morphs into standard neurotic white woman, do it noooooowwwwwwww.
Hahha I totally agree. Except she's not white so that would be one helluva transformation!!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 02:33 PM   #77
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

If she's born in the states and in a half decent neighbourhood she's effectively white though. You know what i mean, starbucks, nutella, entry level audi, walk in closet filled with useless shit, helicopter parenting, bugaboo stroller and Hunter Boots.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #78
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
That must be such a cool place, my sis in-law was just there....we have only been to the airport....(my wallet tells me don't even investigate a trip there though)
I've been to Tokyo 3 times now and can tell you first hand it is my favorite place I've been, ever.

The people, the culture, the food, the hotel, the subway, the temples, the parks, are all INCREDIBLE.

It's easily the best run country I've seen with the nicest people I have EVER encountered, EVERY time without exception.

I've been to:

Probably 30/50 states
Singapore
Many Places in Europe
Bora Bora
Cayman
Tokyo
Hong Kong
Beijing
Sydney
Mexico
Manila

And BY FAR, Tokyo is my favorite destination. There is no doubt, the Japanese are some of the most disciplined and kind people in all the world. It is the cleanest country I've seen, although Singapore is very clean too.

Long story short, don't go to Tokyo someday. Go the very next chance you get. It's TOTALLY worth it.

It is expensive though. I spent around $12k for 2 people for 12 days this last time and I used miles to fly there. I did stay at 5 star hotel and whatever.

I've stayed in Shangri-La, 4 Seasons and Capitol Hotel Tokyu. I'd say Capitol was my favorite.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #79
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
Seems like your budget isn't really concerning, then my vote goes to French Polynesia or Hawaii. But both of them don't offer any all inclusive package.

In FP, either Bora Bora or Moorea is nice. Bora Bora has nicer lagoon but island is little remote and you usually waste time on the traveling on water. In Moorea, it's more tropical and also has nice lagoons but still has enough land coverage to travel in motorcycle/car/scooter. We stayed in Sofitel over water bungalow in both islands and I prefer Moorea more because of versatility. When you are choosing the hotel, DO NOT decide on the photos from website. Use google map to see where they are located in the lagoon and pick the one you like.
And food isn't really great in FP and it is quite expensive so be prepare to spend $$$ on eating. And of course, beach is one of the best in the world. No doubt on this.

In Hawaii, for honeymoon I would either recommend Grand Hyatt in Kauai or Four seasons in big island.

Kauai has beautiful tropical setting and has one of the best mud buggy place I've ever been to. Grand Hyatt has very nice setting and food is great. We stayed in executive suite and damn I felt so special - much more exclusive than overwater bungalows at same price. Resort is rather large, so you need to book the room in right location or you would be walking all the time. But beach in Kauai is terrible so don't even bother looking for one.

In big island, it is quite dull and nothing special compare to Kauai's natural beauty. But it offers nice little places along with fantastic lava fields and it is quite fun to travel around the island. And Four seasons is just great - little over priced for the amenities you receive though. Resort is beautiful and atmosphere is very upscale. However beach is also terrible right off the resort. But there are plenty of nice beaches around so no worries.

If I were to go back, I would probably go back to Moorea for 5 days and 3 days in Bora Bora.
Yeah, people don't realize Bora Bora isn't as much a beach as it is a lagoon. It can also rain quite a bit, so be careful.

Like I said, I liked Cayman more.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #80
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
That must be such a cool place, my sis in-law was just there....we have only been to the airport....(my wallet tells me don't even investigate a trip there though)
I've been to Tokyo 3 times now and can tell you first hand it is my favorite place I've been, ever.

The people, the culture, the food, the hotel, the subway, the temples, the parks, are all INCREDIBLE.

It's easily the best run country I've seen with the nicest people I have EVER encountered, EVERY time without exception.

I've been to:

Probably 30/50 states
Singapore
Many Places in Europe
Bora Bora
Cayman
Tokyo
Hong Kong
Beijing
Sydney
Mexico
Manila

And BY FAR, Tokyo is my favorite destination. There is no doubt, the Japanese are some of the most disciplined and kind people in all the world. It is the cleanest country I've seen, although Singapore is very clean too.

Long story short, don't go to Tokyo someday. Go the very next chance you get. It's TOTALLY worth it.

It is expensive though. I spent around $12k for 2 people for 12 days this last time and I used miles to fly there. I did stay at 5 star hotel and whatever.

I've stayed in Shangri-La, 4 Seasons and Capitol Hotel Tokyu. I'd say Capitol was my favorite.
Not trying to disagree with people here, but to show that we all have different opinions...

I've been to about 60 countries and Japan is one of my least favorite destinations. Tokyo is too disciplined for me and everything is so cramped and expensive. And I have been there many times.

Again though, I think OP would like it but not for a honeymoon.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #81
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Not trying to disagree with people here, but to show that we all have different opinions...

I've been to about 60 countries and Japan is one of my least favorite destinations. Tokyo is too disciplined for me and everything is so cramped and expensive. And I have been there many times.

Again though, I think OP would like it but not for a honeymoon.
I wasn't necessarily suggesting it for the honeymoon, but definitely as a place to visit.

I respect your opinion but not sure how it could be in your bottom 60.

Tokyo is crowded, but there are so many places nearby that are beautiful and much less cramped, less than an hour by their awesome trains/subways. Chiba prefecture is awesome, for example.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 09:56 PM   #82
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Yeah, people don't realize Bora Bora isn't as much a beach as it is a lagoon. It can also rain quite a bit, so be careful.

Like I said, I liked Cayman more.
I do agree that Cayman has the calm and beautiful beach, but it's no where to be considered as a honeymoon spot IMO, especially traveling from west coast.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 10:30 PM   #83
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
I do agree that Cayman has the calm and beautiful beach, but it's no where to be considered as a honeymoon spot IMO, especially traveling from west coast.
Although it's not as exclusive because the resort is big, the Ritz in Cayman does an incredible job and Blue is an incredible restaurant.

Bora Bora was not on par for food, probably due to its remoteness.

The fastest I can get to Bora Bora is about 18 hrs, which is a slight beating.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #84
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post

I've been to:

Probably 30/50 states
Singapore
Many Places in Europe
Bora Bora
Cayman
Tokyo
Hong Kong
Beijing
Sydney
Mexico
Manila

You are definitely an ambassador for Tokyo, will have to check it out "someday." My sis in-law was just there and loved it, had not been since she was a teen. Both she and my wife spent a year as exchange students.

I really wish that in my 20's I had been sent to London, Sydney, blah blah blah on business. But instead it was more like Dallas, LA, New Orleans, Atlanta, meaning all domestic....
Appreciate 0