BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Lost key fob - Replace before lease turn-in?

02-02-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
BPe90M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AW e92 M3

Lost key fob - Replace before lease turn-in?

So I lost my spare key and my car goes back in 2 weeks. I did this last time too and it was a decently hefty charge. Is there anyway I can get around this? Thinking about buying a key on ebay. Not sure if anyone has experience with this.

Edit: Is there anyway I can buy a fob on ebay and just and that in, or even get that one programmed? I just know they are going to charge exorbitant amounts of money just for the key.

Last edited by BPe90M3; 02-05-2018 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 12:29 PM   #2
tonyzale
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016' M3, S1000R, R nineT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPe90M3 View Post
So I lost my spare key and my car goes back in 2 weeks. I did this last time too and it was a decently hefty charge. Is there anyway I can get around this? Thinking about buying a key on ebay. Not sure if anyone has experience with this.
Go to your local Dealer and ask for a them to do a pre-inpection. In Sales dept. They will let you know the aprox wear and tear cost per item. You are allowed normal w&t but they will let you know if anything is over the limit and their charge from BMW, including the spare key. Then price one, programmed (it as to work and be original equipment)
Appreciate 0