BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > MS Office 2021 Perpetual License deal

01-31-2022, 09:22 PM   #1
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

MS Office 2021 Perpetual License deal

Not sure if it's ok to post this. If not, just delete it.

According to Mac Forum, this is a legit deal from a trusted vendor.

MS Office Pro 2021 Perpetual license for $49.99.

https://deals.cultofmac.com/sales/mi...21-for-windows

Mac or Windows - *1 device only*

Deal ends in 5 days.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
zx10guy5149.50
Dang3r12512.00
      02-01-2022, 12:59 AM   #2
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Why not just go with the yearly subscription?
Appreciate 1
M_Six17041.00
      02-01-2022, 02:36 AM   #3
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, until now Im using Office 365 with unlimited end, why not upgrade to the newest stuff?
I was never a big fan of monthly fees, same as Adobe for the Acrobat DC e.g.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
M_Six17041.00
      02-01-2022, 05:58 AM   #4
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I just did some research on the Office 2021 Professional Plus version. Unfortunately, I don't know if this is legitimate. A few places have said that the Professional Plus version is an volume license that is not sold as an individual license. As such, where I'm seeing posts calling this to question is that it'll work for a bit until Microsoft shuts down functionality up to a few months later. Don't know if these posts are from legitimate sources but there's enough of them that I've seen to cause me to be cautious/skeptical.

Still appreciate the intent of M_Six in helping forum members though.
Appreciate 1
M_Six17041.00
      02-01-2022, 06:45 AM   #5
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Why not just go with the yearly subscription?
I do. It comes with my Exchange account plan for my email. But not everyone likes subscription services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I just did some research on the Office 2021 Professional Plus version. Unfortunately, I don't know if this is legitimate. A few places have said that the Professional Plus version is an volume license that is not sold as an individual license. As such, where I'm seeing posts calling this to question is that it'll work for a bit until Microsoft shuts down functionality up to a few months later. Don't know if these posts are from legitimate sources but there's enough of them that I've seen to cause me to be cautious/skeptical.

Still appreciate the intent of M_Six in helping forum members though.
Yeah, I cannot personally vouch for this deal. I just read about it on Mac Forum. Several folks there have grabbed this and are happy wit it so far. The prevailing thought is that Office 2021 is aging and vendors are trying to dump their remaining licenses. But if it is perpetual, then it will keep working after MS comes out with the latest Office version. As always, caveat emptor.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 07:15 AM   #6
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Yes. I saw in the comments that they are recent purchasers. But based on what I have found, the software requires online activation. And it appears the software will do periodic checks online with Microsoft's licensing server. It is when this happens and if Microsoft invalidates the volume license key is when people will have problems. It doesn't matter if the license is perpetual if this happens.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 07:43 AM   #7
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes. I saw in the comments that they are recent purchasers. But based on what I have found, the software requires online activation. And it appears the software will do periodic checks online with Microsoft's licensing server. It is when this happens and if Microsoft invalidates the volume license key is when people will have problems. It doesn't matter if the license is perpetual if this happens.
Anything is possible with MS. But I would think if MS validates the licenses now, and it is indeed perpetual, that they won't suddenly change their minds and invalidate it later. The issue I see with this deal is that it is for one device only. If you install it on a laptop and then buy a new laptop in a year, will you be able to transfer the license or not? That would be be my main concern.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 08:18 AM   #8
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Anything is possible with MS. But I would think if MS validates the licenses now, and it is indeed perpetual, that they won't suddenly change their minds and invalidate it later. The issue I see with this deal is that it is for one device only. If you install it on a laptop and then buy a new laptop in a year, will you be able to transfer the license or not? That would be be my main concern.
Volume licenses are typically sold to businesses where there are cases for multiple installs. MS won't know if a volume license was purchased initially for this purpose or if someone decided to buy a volume license then turned around and sold the key to multiple users. I would be interested to see if everyone who purchased this has the same license key or not. I also don't know how much information they're pulling from the system when it reports in but I would think it's enough to see that the licenses are not being used in a "typical" business setting. I think that's why there is a stipulation that it's only for one computer. I'd be interested to see if someone is successful in using the same key on a different install/computer.

With my work laptop, I do get periodic notices from Office installed on it that license needs to be re-validated or something similar.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 08:28 AM   #9
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Just had a thought. This seems similar to a while back when those traveling computer shows were popular. Same format as gun shows where you pay an entrance fee and then are able to shop different vendors selling parts. MS raided a few of those shows busting vendors selling what seemed to be legitimate copies of Windows.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 09:00 AM   #10
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

That's possible. I have a VM running W10 where I got the license off eBay. That was probably a volume license as well. It's still running fine after years of use, but it only gets used once in a blue moon, so maybe it just hasn't "called home" yet.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 02:55 AM   #11
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
I had bought one of the keys yesterday and as tasked, you have from beginning of the purchase 30 days for redeeming your code.
That said, I'd opened my MS acc and entered the received S/N, were accepted w/o problems and Office 21 were instantly clear to DL.
Hadnt done this, but Im sure you could left this into your account for later use and it wont expire just because you havent dl'd it until some point.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 06:38 AM   #12
aguywalksintoabar
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I was looking for offers online and came across this thread. It worked for me. The offer stated 6 days left. Upon purchasing it said 30 days to install. MS verified the license and it was straightforward. The installer under apps shows it as 365. When I open Word in the corner of the load screen it states 2021. Pleased with it though. Upgraded from 2016 version and now have Outlook too.

+$10 tax it came to $59
Appreciate 1
M_Six17041.00