BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 116i Schnitzer or Hartge tuning?

03-28-2014, 05:03 AM   #1
Giorgio-GR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 116i M Sport

Any help guys?? Hartge or Schnitzer?

Hallo everybody, this summer I would like to upgrade my car's engine with the tune box of hartge or Schnitzer. which one do you advice me to chose? And I would also to change the exhaust system with a double one like the M135i for better sound and look. Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 04:06 AM   #2
SocialDrifter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f20 116i

I'd stick with schnitzer because of the +30 bhp gains compared to hartge.
For exhaust you can get a muffler to satisfy your ears, or a downpipe with free flow cat to satisfy your right foot; or a turbo-back system to get both these benefits. Bastuk, Supersprint, Milltek have ready systems.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
Kamazzi
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Keep in mind that the numbers they quote are approximate and what you will get is not necessarily what they claim...
Ask them if you can return the box if you don't get the numbers which they state...
I tried several boxes on two 116i and the same box can work differently on two different cars.
I finally decided to get the Autofaszination (ex-Chiptronic) because it works exactly the same like the Hartge and Schitzel but is cheaper.
The result I got is 175HP and 250 Nm.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 02:23 AM   #4
bennzwel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F20 Edition 30

Hi all , I'm in the same situation, thinking if any of these "boosters" is worth to install it on my 116i.

But what I noticed is the power or torque increase is at high speed and revs . Any of these kits improve the torque or HP in lower speeds and revs as well?

Could I install and remove them by myself ( not a mechanic ) ? Do they void BMW warranty ?

Thanks
Ben
Appreciate 0