BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > RIP Mac Miller

09-08-2018, 10:33 AM   #23
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
That's pretty disrespectful. This guy wasn't the typical rapper doing a bunch of drugs because it was the cool thing to do. He had some serious issues he was contending with.

I had a very serious (as in $1200/week) habit when I was younger. This did not make me a bum. Never judge someone for who they are now, people change and become who they are meant to be. I wouldn't consider a 26 year old with 9 million a bum. Does this mean that Michael Jackson was a bum too?
His music was and is a reflection of his life, his thoughts, his feelings and his concerns. Some of it was humorous some of it was direct and cutting but mostly spot on.

We all have to keep in mind that what the person does on the "outside" often doesn't reflect what's going on inside and I think that's where it counts the most.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #24
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
His music was and is a reflection of his life, his thoughts, his feelings and his concerns. Some of it was humorous some of it was direct and cutting but mostly spot on.

We all have to keep in mind that what the person does on the "outside" often doesn't reflect what's going on inside and I think that's where it counts the most.
Agreed. Most musicians and artists are troubled individuals. This is how we cope with what is inside. I have an 8' chalkboard in my living room and when I have problems I can't cope with or feel like talking to with people I stand in front of it for hours putting my emotions into my art. Those that know me well would never imagine that I've been through some of the things that I have as I have learned to cope with them and use art as an outlet. It isn't something that I do for attention or to receive accolades for as most never see it, it's simply a tool for me move forward.

Musicians, artists, photographers, etc. write, draw and capture what they know and how they feel. This doesn't make them great people but it does allow people who have experienced the same to relate.
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac1455.00
jgoens3787.50
      09-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #25
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Definitely sad, all the money in the world can’t make you happy or fix problems. Substance abuse/addiction is a dark evil place that many can’t escape. Many like Malcom fight these demons everyday.

Enjoy the music but be careful how you idolize these people. Like another poster said what is portrayed on the outside may not be a true representation of what’s going on inside.

You would think making millions he could of gone for treatment and fixed himself. That is another battle they have to be willing to fight, and most aren’t capable of.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-08-2018, 12:54 PM   #26
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Definitely sad, all the money in the world can’t make you happy or fix problems. Substance abuse/addiction is a dark evil place that many can’t escape. Many like Malcom fight these demons everyday.

Enjoy the music but be careful how you idolize these people. Like another poster said what is portrayed on the outside may not be a true representation of what’s going on inside.

You would think making millions he could of gone for treatment and fixed himself. That is another battle they have to be willing to fight, and most aren’t capable of.
As the late Biggie Smalls observed...

Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #27
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

RIP
      09-08-2018, 01:18 PM   #28
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
As the late Biggie Smalls observed...

Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 01:28 PM   #29
Lysol
Dü Werke
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

The news put a damper on my Friday. Have been a fan since Blue Slide Park and have enjoyed seeing new albums since...R.I.P. Mac
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #30
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

Not sad at all. I am sure he and his friends probably all celebrated, enjoyed, and bragged about getting fucked up each and every night. He died doing one of the things he loved. He's a piece of shit!
Maybe you should be mad at his crew for not bringing a few shots of NARCAN to the party like Demi Lovato's crew.

I don't quite understand why some think that doing drugs is so awesome, but being an over-achieving drug user is so sad.

I have acquaintances, whom I think are pieces of shit, that brag about their super-DUIs. The compare DUI BAC levels.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 03:10 PM   #31
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
Not sad at all. I am sure he and his friends probably all celebrated, enjoyed, and bragged about getting fucked up each and every night. He died doing one of the things he loved. He's a piece of shit!
Maybe you should be mad at his crew for not bringing a few shots of NARCAN to the party like Demi Lovato's crew.

I don't quite understand why some think that doing drugs is so awesome, but being an over-achieving drug user is so sad.

I have acquaintances, whom I think are pieces of shit, that brag about their super-DUIs. The compare DUI BAC levels.
Don't recall asking if you were sad but thanks for sharing. As for him being a piece of shit, I didn't know him on a personal level like you did apparently.

Drug use is all too often accompanied with mental disorders. If you have no respect for people who do drugs, I'm sure you aren't a fan of music at all. If you are, you should stop because all those artists music whom you enjoy stay pretty well high all the time.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 04:06 PM   #32
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

Pretty asshole opinion here. The fact you call yourself acquaintances with people who brag and compare their DUIs is almost hypocritical to your first paragraph haha. Hopefully you would mourn their death instead of completely disregarding their life just because they were a "piece of shit". If not that is pretty sad.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-08-2018, 05:44 PM   #33
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I was not his biggest fan; I didn't know the individual cd's well but I think 3 tracks he had had a very old school flow and really stood out to me...

Youtube Loud, Nikes on My Feet or Best Day Ever
      09-08-2018, 08:32 PM   #34
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Agreed. Most musicians and artists are troubled individuals. This is how we cope with what is inside. I have an 8' chalkboard in my living room and when I have problems I can't cope with or feel like talking to with people I stand in front of it for hours putting my emotions into my art. Those that know me well would never imagine that I've been through some of the things that I have as I have learned to cope with them and use art as an outlet. It isn't something that I do for attention or to receive accolades for as most never see it, it's simply a tool for me move forward.

Musicians, artists, photographers, etc. write, draw and capture what they know and how they feel. This doesn't make them great people but it does allow people who have experienced the same to relate.
========

There would be no rock n roll, no hip hop, hell, for that matter look at classical composers like Mozart, or artists like Van Gogh all troubled-- its what was inside of them that produced masterpieces and that is what they are remembered for.

I applaud your use of the chalk board. Get it out, write it down, see it, work with it, bend it and shape it rather than smoke, snort inject or strike it...and if the blackboard gets to small, write on the walls but get it out...you can always paint the walls later.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-08-2018, 10:00 PM   #35
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:

Such a lame post, not even worth responding to.
      09-08-2018, 11:33 PM   #36
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
I lol'ed so hard at this. Poor rich rapper with serious issues....lmao.
Another bum bites the dust. Sorry, my opinion.

Was he a veteran fighting ptsd
Was he broke through no fault of his financial irresponsibility and family facing eviction
Was he orphaned and raised as a sex slave
Was he a witness to a series of heinous murders as a child and has been haunted and on the run from the murderers all his life
Does he have a special needs disability that prevented him from functioning in society
Did his father or male relatives rape him multiple times as a child
Did he lose a close loved one like a child, wife or mom/dad during a vulnerable moment in life
Was he suffering from a terminal medical condition for which there was severe medical bills and impending prognosis

Those in my opinion are examples of real issues to be dealing with. A quick research into his life shows no signs of childhood trauma or exposure to psychological or physical abuse or any known birth defects that would have caused him to have compatibility issues with society.
So to me, he's just another loser that couldn't maturely handle fame and fortune. Cool dude maybe, nice music sure, positive influence that I would let my kids model, f*ck no.
Do I care he's gone, no. My day does not change. Sorry for his family's lost.
I’ve never suffered any of the above and I struggle with depression and anxiety. You’re a fucking moron. That shit is not a joke and it’s not a choice. Money is irrelevant, and the fact that you think that is a solution is a testament to your lack of knowledge on the subject.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-09-2018, 12:41 AM   #37
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
I’ve never suffered any of the above and I struggle with depression and anxiety. You’re a fucking moron. That shit is not a joke and it’s not a choice. Money is irrelevant, and the fact that you think that is a solution is a testament to your lack of knowledge on the subject.
Yeah..in recent years how many successful musicians have taken their lives? People say they have all this money and can party all the time so they should ne happy. Look at lottery winners...all the money and end up broke. Athletes as well. People equate quick money with happiness, yet fail to understand that happiness is not about money and materialistic things.

It is much simpler than that.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #38
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
I've never suffered any of the above and I struggle with depression and anxiety. You're a fucking moron. That shit is not a joke and it's not a choice. Money is irrelevant, and the fact that you think that is a solution is a testament to your lack of knowledge on the subject.
Yeah..in recent years how many successful musicians have taken their lives? People say they have all this money and can party all the time so they should ne happy. Look at lottery winners...all the money and end up broke. Athletes as well. People equate quick money with happiness, yet fail to understand that happiness is not about money and materialistic things.

It is much simpler than that.
This is what I believe Mac's death to be associated to. He was looking for an end and this was his way of ending it. In his last video, I'll post it below, the entire video takes place in a coffin, hes dressed in all white and trying to fight his way out. The track is labeled Self Care. He carves "Memento Mori" in the lid which is Latin for "Remember Death."

Looking back on some of his videos and lyrics he was obviously depressed and used drugs and "Getting high to deal with his problems" his own words; not as something to celebrate or brag about....although he did this in his music too I don't feel he was bragging about it. He wrote about what he did and what he knew. Watch the video below. Is he "popping bottles", surrounded by models, sporting fancy cars or the like? No. Listen to the track itself, is it upbeat or bouncy? No. He ultimately escapes the coffin and is blown up by his surroundings only to arise from the ashes again. I honestly think he wanted to overcome his problems but depression has a way of pulling you back in.

Mental illness is a very real thing whether you're a 26 year old rap artist or anything else for that matter. Money has a tendency of alienating people from you. There was a time when I had a 1/4 mill in the bank and my "friends" disappeared. I heard, "I'm not rich enough to be friends with you." Others didn't like seeing me invest money in things that put me in a different social status as them and some simply don't like seeing people have have things they can't afford. Only my true friends stuck around and realized that I had not changed my core beliefs but my way of thinking. Honestly life is easier with money but simpler without it.

I believe that the past few years have put more of a focus on mental illness as more and more of high profile individuals begin taking their own lives.
Appreciate 0