BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Let’s have a pillow talk

09-02-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Let’s have a pillow talk

Looking for good pillows to go with new bed. Tempur Pedic has a BOGO sale and I’m thinking of the Cloud Breeze. They don’t have that great of reviews on Amazon though. Amazon has a few that have good ratings. Those all have some bad reviews mixed in. Curious what you guys are using and if you could recommend a good pillow. I’m a side sleeper and toss and turn a lot (maybe due to bad pillows?).
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #2
Marmugmotleocay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3M Competition

I have the original Tempur Pedic pillow from back when they cost $150. I LOVE it. The case was starting to wear so I bought the New Symphony on BOGO. They were the closest one to what I have. I was disappointed when they came. The pillows are a little smaller and not as dense or heavy. The one pillow is still in the box and the other is just sitting there. I continue to use the original one. It seems the quality isn't the same.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 02:00 PM   #3
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

We’ve tried different pillows and they always seem great at first and then suck later. We’ve been using My Pillow pillows for a year or so and then are ok. You can wash them and get their shape back, which is good. But I suspect there are better solutions out there we just haven’t tried yet.
      09-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #4
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

I use a buckwheat hull pillow. Gave up on regular pillows after trying so many brands/types. My wife tried the My Pillow and gave it to my son within a week and bought herself a buckwheat hull pillow. Never going back to foam!
Appreciate 1
UncleWede18020.50
      09-02-2018, 03:45 PM   #5
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Love my Tempur-Pedic mattress, but their pillows = no thanks. I also love my pillows from bed, bath & beyond. $50 pillows so they better be good, but they always have 20% coupons ftw
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 09:00 PM   #6
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
I can say that "My Pillow" suck ass...threw mine in the closet 2 days after purchase.

I have a bamboo pillow now...wish it was a tad thinner, but it's now too bad. Just need to go out and get a down pillow like they have in the Marriott, they're the best.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 09:34 PM   #7
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Looking into buckwheat pillows. Seems interesting. I’ve slept in high end hotels with nice pillows but they always end up flat throughout the night. It’s kind of annoying. Needs something that would hold its shape.
Appreciate 1
UncleWede18020.50
      09-04-2018, 10:25 AM   #8
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

buckwheat hull, end thread. I got the original Sobikawa decades ago. Just have to buy an extra large one now. Can always "refill" the inner liner if you spill or want to get fresh scents.

They can be any size you want, you just squish them around. Stays cool all night long.

The issue comes when you leave the house. These are not light weight, and it becomes a hassle to carry with you if you have to go on a plane. For car travel, they also make EXCELLENT stabilizers for those passengers watching movies on tablets.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 10:34 AM   #9
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

I've been using the same Tempurpedic one for a long time now without any problems. However, finding a good replacement mattress topper has been my challenge the past year or so...

Anyway, I've read about sooo many horror stories about MyPillow....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...tion/96145828/

BURNSVILLE, Minn. - The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has revoked the accreditation of Minnesota-based MyPillow, lowering its rating to an F based on a pattern of complaints by consumers.

The BBB made the decision after reviewing MyPillow's ongoing "buy one get one free" offer, which violates the organization's code of advertising.

“Among other issues, BBB has attempted to persuade MyPillow to discontinue their "buy one get one free” (BOGO)/other discount offers without success,” said Dana Badgerow, president and CEO of BBB of Minnesota and North Dakota. “Continuous BOGO offers, which can then be construed as an item's regular, everyday price, violate not only BBB’s Code of Advertising - which all BBB Accredited Businesses agree to abide by - but also other state and national organizations’ rules.”

BBB’s Code of Advertising requires that an offer need to be extended for a limited time, or it becomes a continuous offer and therefore the normal price of the product – not a sale price or free offer. In the case of MyPillow, the BBB says anyone can get the BOGO discount codes, and if a prospective customer calls the company without one, they can get the BOGO deal, regardless.

BBB offers tips for safe online shopping

MyPillow owner and CEO Mike Lindell responded to the BBB allegations by stating he would not be able to stop the company's BOGO offer at this time, but would look at making changes in 2017. When pressed on what type of changes the company would make, Lindell was non-specific.

Lindell released the following statement Monday evening:

MyPillow was built on our dedication to our customers' satisfaction. We run sales and specials for our customers, so that we can give as many people as possible the chance to have a great night’s sleep. Naturally, I am terribly disappointed by the BBB's decision.

When I started MyPillow more than 11 years ago, I handled each and every customer call personally. To this day, I train all of our customer service representatives with one thing in mind, we take care of our customers because we owe them our success. We have sold more than 25 million MyPillows, but we will continue to treat each and every customer like they are our only one.

From myself and our 1,500 employees, we want to thank our loyal customers.

The BOGO complaint was not the only issue or complaint the BBB brought to MyPillow’s attention.

“As Seen on TV” claims are sometimes listed on MyPillow boxes where the content is NOT the same as seen on the company’s TV ads. The company has made an effort to remove this, but it can still be seen on third party seller packaging (Walmart, Target, etc.)
Photos of MyPillow on some boxes show the premium, gusseted pillow, when the box actually holds their standard pillow. The company has made an effort to correct this, but it can still be seen on some third party seller packaging.
Claims of offering a “full warranty” when the warranty was not full (customers need to pay a fee to return the pillow).
A pattern of complaints filed against MyPillow has been identified by BBB regarding customers’ understanding of the buy one/get one free offer. A substantial number of the 232 complaints filed against the company regard confusion on the offer.

“We are hopeful that MyPillow will modify their advertising and eliminate discount offers, since the pillows need to be sold at a “regular price” for the majority of the time,” Badgerow said.

Don't be fooled: Here are the BBB's biggest consumer scams of 2016

This is just the latest bump in the road for MyPillow. In November Lindell agreed to pay a penalty of $1 million after a group of California County Attorneys took legal action against the company, alleging deceptive advertising. A consumer watchdog organization said MyPillow's website made unsubstantiated claims its products can cure snoring, migraines, fibromyalgia, and other health maladies.

Lindell agreed to the settlement, but insisted he made no medical claims whatsoever, saying MyPillow simply posted customer comments on the website. He told NBC News he is settling the charges simply because it makes financial sense, and is not an admission of guilt.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 10:37 AM   #10
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

ugh still dont know what to buy. just got a sick new mattress and adjustable base. but blanking on the pillow
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 10:48 AM   #11
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

I highly recommend the Nest Latex pillow. It's very supportive and not too firm. What's cool is you can remove or add the pieces of latex to your liking, so if the pillow height is too high just remove the stuffing till it feels right. You Tube has tons of positive reviews on this pillow. I love mine.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 11:04 AM   #12
M2Rush
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BSM 335i x-drive

Has anybody tried the purple pillow? Heard good things about it and they have 9600 reviews on their site!?! However, it's one of the most expensive pillows out there.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 11:46 AM   #13
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Rush View Post
Has anybody tried the purple pillow? Heard good things about it and they have 9600 reviews on their site!?! However, it's one of the most expensive pillows out there.
Funny that you asked about the purple pillow. I got one as a gift, and I am a side sleeper and it hurt my ear! I've never had a pillow hurt my ear before. I tried it for 3 nights and all 3 nights that F'er made my ear hurt.

I went back to my Serta 3 layer pillow ($99 with 1/2 off the second at Kohls). That happy lady on the box doesn't come with it though, so don't expect her when you open it.
Attached Images

Last edited by wrickem; 09-04-2018 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 03:26 PM   #14
M2Rush
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BSM 335i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
Funny that you asked about the purple pillow. I got one as a gift, and I am a side sleeper and it hurt my ear! I've never had a pillow hurt my ear before. I tried it for 3 nights and all 3 nights that F'er made my ear hurt.

I went back to my Serta 3 layer pillow ($99 with 1/2 off the second at Kohls). That happy lady on the box doesn't come with it though, so don't expect her when you open it.
Pain like wearing headphones for a long period of time? Lol, you know the problem is your ear and not the pillow.

Thanks for your review and recommendation!

Purple does provides a 100 day test period that works great for US clients but I'm not sure how that works for us Canadians... Maybe I will check out the Serta.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 06:05 PM   #15
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post

Pain like wearing headphones for a long period of time? Lol, you know the problem is your ear and not the pillow.

Thanks for your review and recommendation!

Purple does provides a 100 day test period that works great for US clients but I'm not sure how that works for us Canadians... Maybe I will check out the Serta.
Exactly like wearing I'll fitting headphones for too long! I'll admit, my ears aren't little tiny baby potato chip ears, but I've never had ear pain from a pillow except this one... ever. If I had no ears, I'd probably like it.

A funny other thing with the purple pillow is that our smaller dog sleeps on my pillow wrapped around my head with his head on mine. He's done this for 12 years since he was a puppy. He got on the purple one, jumped off the bed and slept with our big dog on the floor all 3 nights. I didn't mention this earlier because I realize this isn't a normal test of a pillow. Maybe it hurt his big ears too
      09-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #16
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Looking for good pillows to go with new bed. Tempur Pedic has a BOGO sale and I’m thinking of the Cloud Breeze. They don’t have that great of reviews on Amazon though. Amazon has a few that have good ratings. Those all have some bad reviews mixed in. Curious what you guys are using and if you could recommend a good pillow. I’m a side sleeper and toss and turn a lot (maybe due to bad pillows?).
Big yabos work quite well.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 08:27 AM   #17
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
I cannot sleep without my purple pillow anymore. Took maybe a week to get used to, so if you get it don't give up quickly.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 10:05 AM   #18
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EINBSEW..._Qb.JBb25491SQ

This one is $50 and has over 15,000 reviews. Thinking of giving it a shot. The buckwheat ones some people had bugs in them which I find really gross.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 12:30 PM   #19
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Bite the pillow.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #20
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Love the tempur tempur matress, hate the pillows. I love My Pillows.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #21
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

not sure if anyone else stated it already but my pillow is the best pillows I have ever owned, period. I stayed at a hotel a few years back that had them and I was hooked. bought them for every room in my house after that. just my experience

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 04:39 PM   #22
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

My girlfiend's butt is the best pillow ever.
Appreciate 0