BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 1er car seats

07-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #1
pangster
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCI

Question 1er car seats

What car seat is everyone using in their F20 1ers? - I'm looking for suggestions for my 17 month old son..

Does anyone have the official BMW Junior Seat:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en/topics/owner...ryId=4545.html

Ideally want an ISOFIX seat for added safety and security - suggestions welcome!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

the cheapest one i can find
      07-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
hollpe
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport

Hey Pangster. I've got this one in my 1er for our older lad (he's 2.5yrs now). He fitted it since he was about 1. Its a great seat and the impact cushion design is a lot easier getting him in and out!

I would also highly recommend these seat protectors:

http://www.princelionheart.com/site_uk/t_cs_0560.html

These have protected the seats in the 1er, the touring before that & we've also got some in the wife's X3. They is not one single mark or dent on the seats thanks to these! Highly recommended! Amazon is probably your best bet to buy them them though!

I've also got one of these for our youngest lad (he's 1.5yrs)

http://www.paulstride.co.uk/uppababy...705-752042.php

Whilst its not isofix, its a good seat and he is very comfortable in it on long journeys.

This is worth a read on the isofix vs non iso-fix: http://www.carseat.se/isofix-or-seat-belt-whats-safest/

Car seats are an expensive thing and because the wife and I do the nursery run at opposite ends of the day we have to have two in each car!

A few (poor quality iPhone) pics for you:

Hope this helps mate

Last edited by hollpe; 07-08-2013 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Pictures Added
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
pangster
Private
Scotland
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollpe View Post
Hey Pangster. I've got this one in my 1er for our older lad (he's 2.5yrs now). He fitted it since he was about 1. Its a great seat and the impact cushion design is a lot easier getting him in and out!

I would also highly recommend these seat protectors:

http://www.princelionheart.com/site_uk/t_cs_0560.html

These have protected the seats in the 1er, the touring before that & we've also got some in the wife's X3. They is not one single mark or dent on the seats thanks to these! Highly recommended! Amazon is probably your best bet to buy them them though!

I've also got one of these for our youngest lad (he's 1.5yrs)

http://www.paulstride.co.uk/uppababy...705-752042.php

Whilst its not isofix, its a good seat and he is very comfortable in it on long journeys.

This is worth a read on the isofix vs non iso-fix: http://www.carseat.se/isofix-or-seat-belt-whats-safest/

Car seats are an expensive thing and because the wife and I do the nursery run at opposite ends of the day we have to have two in each car!

A few (poor quality iPhone) pics for you:

Hope this helps mate
Hollpe: thanks for the reply and pictures!! - it does indeed help a LOT!!

We're in a similar situation - I drop my son off in the morning and the wife picks him up at night (two cars / two car seats!).. at the minute we've got two (non isofix) Cossato Zoomi Little Monster car seats in the A3 and Merc C-Class - prior to this I had the Maxi cosi family isofix base in mine with the Maxi cosi car seat/baby carrier. My wife's C-Class doesn't have isofix - so we decided just to get two seats the same. After reading reviews we decided on the Cossato's.

If I'm being honest - I'm not that impressed with them, so thought that as I'm changing car - I might as well have a look at changing car seat for the wee man as well!! LOL!

thanks for the heads up around the seat protector as well - my car is an M Sport with the alcantara interior as well!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 04:26 AM   #5
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

I've got an isofix version of that Britax one that lives in my car. We also have a couple of Maxi Cosi Priory (non isofix) seats that we use between several other cars for both our 2 years old and 1 year old.

The isofix one rattles a little bit which does my head in. The maxi cosi ones are very good and the belt system feels very secure. We previously had a Recaro young sport but we returned it for a maxi cosi as it was too bulky.
      07-09-2013, 04:34 AM   #6
pangster
Private
Scotland
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
I've got an isofix version of that Britax one that lives in my car. We also have a couple of Maxi Cosi Priory (non isofix) seats that we use between several other cars for both our 2 years old and 1 year old.

The isofix one rattles a little bit which does my head in. The maxi cosi ones are very good and the belt system feels very secure. We previously had a Recaro young sport but we returned it for a maxi cosi as it was too bulky.
LOL!! - it's funny how the car seat to car ratio works out!!

I'll probably go with the BMW one - seems like relatively GVFM and I like the idea of the restraint cushion.

I'm kind of regretting selling the maxi cosi iso fix base now (at the time i couldn't find any decent priced maxi cosi ii-iii seats!).. seems like prices have shifted a little bit recently though.

For a baby (up to c12 months) the maxi cosi family fix base and carrier was a fantastic solution!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
pangster
Private
Scotland
Rep

Hollpe: I bought the BMW junior isofix car seat today (exact same colour scheme as yours!!) - my local dealer had 1 in stock (display model) - so I managed to get a decent discount as well! - thanks for the pics and help/advice!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #8
pangster
Private
Scotland
Rep

Thumbs up

thought I'd add a couple of pictures (not the best quality as off my phone) but overall very happy with the quality and fitment of the seat - it feels very safe and secure and seems to be pretty comfortable!:

I'll get around to purchasing the seat protectors as well!! - currently just using the fleece I had in my old car!
Appreciate 0