BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > New 116 ED -Dealer/Iphone connectivity

10-12-2012, 05:12 AM   #1
Spare°
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2C

New 116 ED -Dealer/Iphone connectivity

Hi Guys,

I just received the keys of my new 116 ED yesterday . It's been a long wait, but I'm so excited by the prospect of getting to drive it every day.
I'll post some pictures later if anyone is interested.
The car is a Saphire black edition with Sensatec/leatherette seats (which btw are awesome in my opinion).

Started to configure my car last night (Christmas eve anyone?) and had some problems to connect my Iphone 4 to the car.
I have a business navigation with a connectivity package (radio professional + handsfree system with USB connection and, the Bluetooth with USB connection preparation options).

I wasn't able to connect my Iphone with a normal white Iphone cable (car told me I had to get a BMW approved cable -> Y cable). Contacts were syncronized over bluetooth for phonecalls, but I couldn't detect the device as a multimedia devise.

I contacted my dealer, who just informed me that with my current configuration, I indeed need a Y-cable for my car to play music.
Checking the option list, I am really curious to see which option I missed for the full integration of the Iphone.

Am I missing something or is my dealer telling me off, because they forgot to tick off a configuration setting (USB connection preparation)?

Is there anyone who could help me shed some light on this?

In advance, I thank you all for your help.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
you needed to take the advanced Bluetooth option. this option allows you to connect your iphone 4 with a regular cable. something i am also annoyed my dealer did not tell me.

congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Math
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 116D

Garage List
You can buy such a y-cable very cheap from dealextreme. I bought this exact same one over a year ago, when I switched from iPhone 3gs to 4S. I have been using it ever since in my 2005 BMW 118d and it works very good for music playback trough the radio. My current car doesn't have BT or anything, so I can't tell you anything about that.
Here's the link for the cable on DX:
http://dx.com/p/3-in-1-usb-3-5mm-aux...ack-1-2m-34654

2012 - BMW F21 116D ED

Please check my amazing car rental website at http://www.bscc.eu!
Appreciate 0