BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 1er indicator circuit and lamp pin type

08-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

1er indicator circuit and lamp pin type

Does anyone know if the 1er has a Electronic 'no load' fasher in the Indicator lamp circuit or if it has the standard resistor load type fasher with wattage detection if a bulb fails.

Some of the other threads relating to upgrades of the F20 standard tail lights assembly to the LED version (Vision) may be helped by this

I am expecting my F20 125i M Sport with Xenons soon and have read that the rear lights only come with LED stops.
The indicator and reversing lamp is still a filament bulb.

If that is correct I will replace the standard Indicator and reversing lamps with LED (halo) lamps. I need to know what type of LED lamp and base connection I would require.

An answer to this could be handy for anyone wanting to keep their existing rear light units and just upgrade the filament lamps to LED (halo) lamps
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep

Hello
Any replies would be apreciated
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep

Have bought some stop/tail and indicator LED lamps from OZ LED and tried them out on my existing 120i and the wife's Suzuki Swift Z.

The stop tails work really well, however I had to add a resistor block across the wiring behind each the indicator light assembly for the indicators to work at the normal speed.

Both the stop/tail and indicator are much brighter and fill the lense with light better than the standard lamps (even noticable during the day). With the resistor on each indicator there was no lamp out or quick flashing.

They were simple to fit. Just use those blue cable joiner crimps to connect the resistor between the wires going into the indicator base. Then it was a case of replacing the lamps as usual.

I hope I can use these same LED indicators on the 125i when I get it. It will have LED stops as I have ordered Xenons.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has fitted these LED lamps to their F20
Appreciate 0