BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Complaining about M? How about a little perspective?
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-21-2018, 07:21 PM   #23
Say Chi Sin Lo
Private
26
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Join Date: May 2018
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
Yeah my wife has an X5 50i with the M Package, it has so many M badges you'd thinks this is an X5M at first glance
No offense, but I'm assuming your X5M has ridiculously beefy and low profile tires on them, correct?

It's an SUV ... And for snow purposes, you're supposed to put on narrow tires.

(I get that aesthetically, monster truck tires look pretty cool from behind, but man that functionality goes right out the window.)

But at the end of the day, she's got an X5M and I don't, so I can't talk. Haha
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 07:26 PM   #24
Emilime75
First Lieutenant
86
Rep
361
Posts

Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (1)

...when rod bearings become a maintenance item...
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 07:37 PM   #25
Humdizzle
Private First Class
53
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: 2010 ferrari 458
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55darksoul View Post
No one wants to take a M3 that costs 70k around the back roads...it could get rock chips all over it that add to its already amazingly rapid depreciation...
buying any new bmw is dumb unless its a limited item like the M2 CS, 1m, m coupe.

thats why you let some sucker take the depreciation first. then pick up one a few years later. e92 M3s are a great buy right now and will likely start going up like the e46.

rock chips? just clear bra your car. never worry about the paint again.
__________________
2013 335i EBII
2010 Ferrari 458
Previous: e36 m3, e46 m3 IR/IR, FBO E85 2010 GTR, Scion FRS.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 07:54 PM   #26
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Captain
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY's Avatar
Albania
563
Rep
995
Posts

Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Trenton, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Imagine what the 911 turbo s buyers feel like WHEN volunteer to debadge their cars from factory. just another boxter to the GP. for real 95% of the world just sees BMW, IMO the F8x is so beautifully shaped it could be a nissan for all I care
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 08:01 PM   #27
TerpEvo
Private
2
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: E90 N54
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Destin, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55darksoul View Post
Who cares about the M when you can buy a 135i for 18k get a tune and some bolt ons and for 1/2 the price blow the M away .
Never understood this line of thought.

Why wouldn't a person with a 70k car also buy a tune and bolts-ons? If anything the mods relative to the price of the car are a drop in the bucket. They could probably afford it easier.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 06:22 AM   #28
Snappy Phoenix
Colonel
Snappy Phoenix's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
1274
Rep
2,350
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi RS3 Saloon
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
No offense, but I'm assuming your X5M has ridiculously beefy and low profile tires on them, correct?

It's an SUV ... And for snow purposes, you're supposed to put on narrow tires.

(I get that aesthetically, monster truck tires look pretty cool from behind, but man that functionality goes right out the window.)

But at the end of the day, she's got an X5M and I don't, so I can't talk. Haha
huh? Where did I say that my wife has an X5M? I said she has an X5 50i with the M Package that makes it have more M Badges than an actual M car.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #29
Nikolas
Colonel
173
Rep
2,438
Posts

Drives: 996 TT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sierra Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
Yeah my wife has an X5 50i with the M Package, it has so many M badges you'd thinks this is an X5M at first glance
No offense, but I'm assuming your X5M has ridiculously beefy and low profile tires on them, correct?

It's an SUV ... And for snow purposes, you're supposed to put on narrow tires.

(I get that aesthetically, monster truck tires look pretty cool from behind, but man that functionality goes right out the window.)

But at the end of the day, she's got an X5M and I don't, so I can't talk. Haha
Well in most places on earth, it only snows for less than half the year, and even then, the days with fresh snow on the road (when narrower tires work better) are probably less than 30 days out of the year.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 10:17 AM   #30
007_e350
Lieutenant Colonel
007_e350's Avatar
United_States
129
Rep
1,894
Posts

Drives: 335i 2008 MHD'd / x5d E70
Join Date: May 2013
Location: left lane

iTrader: (3)

have you guys not seen the AMG PACKAGE regular c class, or the S-Line A4, that doesn't make them a C63 or S4, those are just appearance packages .. same s*it with MSport it's just an appearance package, it won't have the M4 engine or the suspension or seats or electronics of an actual M car just freaking appearance items like bumper, steering wheel, rims etc
and to the ones who put a tune and outperform an M, go to the track, M is a different animal you can't just unleash all it's potential on the street, it's like buying a civic with NOS it will probably beat any car, but it's just a Honda..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 11:32 AM   #31
Say Chi Sin Lo
Private
26
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Join Date: May 2018
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
huh? Where did I say that my wife has an X5M? I said she has an X5 50i with the M Package that makes it have more M Badges than an actual M car.
Ah I misread! But still, she's got one and I don't. Haha
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 11:33 AM   #32
Say Chi Sin Lo
Private
26
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Join Date: May 2018
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Well in most places on earth, it only snows for less than half the year, and even then, the days with fresh snow on the road (when narrower tires work better) are probably less than 30 days out of the year.
That is very true. I don't live in an area where we get annual snow, but I do go snowboarding quite a bit. And even still, if I see a storm coming, or I know snow would have accumulated on the road, I call my trip off.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 11:44 AM   #33
Say Chi Sin Lo
Private
26
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Join Date: May 2018
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007_e350 View Post
have you guys not seen the AMG PACKAGE regular c class, or the S-Line A4, that doesn't make them a C63 or S4, those are just appearance packages .. same s*it with MSport it's just an appearance package, it won't have the M4 engine or the suspension or seats or electronics of an actual M car just freaking appearance items like bumper, steering wheel, rims etc
and to the ones who put a tune and outperform an M, go to the track, M is a different animal you can't just unleash all it's potential on the street, it's like buying a civic with NOS it will probably beat any car, but it's just a Honda..
I guarantee you, 80-95% of the public will not be able to tell the difference.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #34
NickyC
Brigadier General
NickyC's Avatar
1995
Rep
3,532
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55darksoul View Post
Who cares about the M when you can buy a 135i for 18k get a tune and some bolt ons and for 1/2 the price blow the M away .
You're not wrong exactly, but I disagree with "blow the M away". I had a 2008 135i Cobb Stage 2+ and it was a fantastic little machine. It can't compare to my M4 on the highway though (M4 is stock btw), the little blowers on the N54 just run out of steam at higher speed.

But you're correct about the 135i and its price. If I were forced to get a less expensive car again, I would most certainly be in the market for another 135i. I loved mine, and wouldn't mind getting another and sticking a big menacing FMIC in the front bumper again.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST