BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > navi pro screen/normal idrive screen

12-29-2015, 05:32 PM   #1
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 114d

navi pro screen/normal idrive screen

i have been wondering,can one fit the screen that you get with the profesional navigation system on a car that has the smaller i drive screen and no navigation.i am not interested in the navigation or any of that,just the nicer bigger screen.

Last edited by emil111; 12-29-2015 at 05:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 01:55 AM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil111 View Post
i have been wondering,can one fit the screen that you get with the profesional navigation system on a car that has the smaller i drive screen and no navigation.i am not interested in the navigation or any of that,just the nicer bigger screen.
Unless you want the screen dummy , you need compatible hardware and software to take the benefit of it. That means you'll have to replace your head unit for basic media (which does not support the big screen as you can see here) with the Car Infotainment Computer - the advanced device capable of using the "nicer bigger screen" to display data on it. Here's a retrofit reference. If you aren't interested in navigation you can skip using it and save on the maps and navigation activation cost, but you can't save on the advanced (CIC) head unit.

By the way, I just found out another retrofit screen. It's presented here: BMW Head Up Screen retrofit (new accessory).
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 09:06 AM   #3
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 114d

i understand,thank you
Appreciate 0