BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Vibrations after timing chain replacement

12-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
Jeans
Rep
Drives: 125d -12

Question Vibrations after timing chain replacement

Hi guys,

I've had a bad case of the timing chain noises on my 125d -12. After some issues with getting the parts required, the dealership changed the chain, tensioner and guides without arguing. From what I can understand my car was a "case 3" PUMA.

The timing chain noise is now gone (for now at least!) however a new problem has originated. When I am doing about 115-130 kph in eight gear, revving aprox 1800-2100 rpm , there is a vibration from the engine.
It goes away on higher revs and I can't notice it on any other gears. It stays the same regardless of throttle.

The vibration is not entirely unlike an unbalanced wheel.

Have they fiddled with any balancer shafts while changing the timing chain?

I have the sport automat. Today the car has done about 21k miles, only about 350 miles since the garage. I have noticed that the car uses more fuel than before.

What might it be? Any ideas? I'd appreciate your input!

//
Appreciate 0