BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Ultimate Drive Track Day

06-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
Harold Wood
Chopperphoto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Loadsabimmers

Arrow BMW Ultimate Drive Track Day

I was lucky enough to be invited to the BMW Ultimate Drive Track Day at Brands Hatch race circuit this week and I cannot express how lucky I was to live my dream.
We had glorious weather and the first event was a driving test with a selection of MINI coopers.

We then went on to a timed pit-stop challenge

Straight after this it was offroad with the fabulous X5, this vehicle is stunning to drive in anger up and down hills

After a superb lunch it was in to the minibus and off to the pits for what I was looking forward to, a chance to drive an M3 on the circuit. After getting the crash helmet on I thought it was off to wait my turn but my name was called out and I was told I was first going for a few laps with three times WTCC champion Andy Priaulx

Life does not get much better than this, it was amazing I cannot describe how fantastic this was and what a true gentleman Andy is.

With the adrenalin pumping in me it was straight off to drive the M3, this is a life long ambition of mine to drive at my local circuit where I have been a spectator since 1965. After meeting the instructor I was strapped in and was wondering if I was going to be any good , well the instructor was brilliant with braking points, acceleration points and track position. This was fantastic and was 100 times better than I could ever imagine!

It didn't stop there I now had a few laps in this stunningly quick Works MINI

Well I would like to thank BMW,Brands Hatch and all the fantastic staff for the most wonderful day of my life , a dream come true.
Also a very big thank you to Laurence Bennet of Sytner BMW

A few more pics of the day

Last edited by Harold Wood; 06-25-2010 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Very Looks like it was a lot of fun.
      06-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
SS e93
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93 M3

i want those performance seats so bad. i wish i had a track close to long island. only one is monticello private club...which costs about $100k to join, plus a yearly fee.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 04:21 AM   #4
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: -

Looks like you had a great day, wish I could have been there!
Appreciate 0