BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > NBT Evo Japan to Europe

05-04-2024, 12:34 PM   #1
claytonc100
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 LCI

NBT Evo Japan to Europe

Hi All,

I recently bought a BMW F20 LCI which is a Japan Import. I want to have the ability to use the Navigation in Europe and also have the ability to connect Car Play.

My unit is an NBT EVO with 8 inch screen . My unit has a Wifi plug on the back so it should be possible. I found a guide online that guides through the whole process of upgrading to ID5/ID6. https://youtu.be/mL_Brt7V2i8?si=f9lezIL0MavZViDs

I bought an E-NET Cable and got E-SYS running. I have successfully upgraded to ID6 (I think) but I still have several problems.

Problem 1: The Main Menu seems to be hiding some items and not quite sure what is wrong. I attached an image of the main screen. From the 5 option in the list (Media/Radio, Communication, Map, Settings?, Messages?) I can notice that the last 2 options are not showing. I can select them with the scroll wheel but unable to actually see them. Other menus seem to be showing. I have changed the following options as in the guide but still have the problem. CID_APIX_MODE to APIX1, CID_COLOR_DEPTHT to 18, CID_COM_MODE to SPI. Any info?

Problem 2. When flashing the FSC Code a 1 KB file is generated on the desktop. If I use a flash drive and connect it like the guide said, I get a message to "Connect USB with correct activation code to start navigation. I think the problem is because the unit is still JP version. I also changed the FA from 807 to 812 after the flash. How can I convert it to EU version and load EU Maps?

I apologies if I said something incorrect. This is my first experience with BMW coding, came from VAG cars.

Regards,
Clayton
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 03:00 PM   #2
claytonc100
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 LCI

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 05:17 AM   #3
No one