BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 1-series BMW Performance Aero Kit and Stripes Spied

08-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #23
panicos81
Colonel
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: a white bmw

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [8.54]
2007 e90  [0.00]
how about some new performance headlights.. and bigger grille. a performance bumper altogether?? nah nevermind.. this car helpless.. i try to forget its existence..
      08-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #24
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Cool, the M-sport front looks much better.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #25
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

What is the effect of large headlights? It makes the rest of the car look small. This is why the F20 looks so ill-proportioned despite being similarly sized to older 3ers. Like a kid with a large head. I think it's intentional. They want to make sure the 1er doesn't become the new 3er.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #26
Faust
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Vauxhall Calibra, M3 (E46)

This car is a huge blunder. It is horrible as a design and we are stuck with it for the next 6 years or so. It is really torture to look at it, so ugly its unbelievable. Whoever approved this POS should have his head checked imo.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #27
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Yes. The 3dr 1er Sporthatch will premiere @ Geneva next March along with the more powerful engines and the next generation BMW 3er Sedan.
Cool. F21 128i is going to be a hot little hatch, especially once the aftermarket gets ahold of it.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 02:37 AM   #28
BMW-NC
Selling drugs to BMW addicts
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i e82 6MT N55

@ all the haters:
Have you seen the car yet? No? THen shut up. Don't you think that BMW will have put quite some effort in the design to make it look like it does? Maybe it looks like that on purpose?
Oh I hated the press pictures. I called it a squeezed fish. But then I remembered that I ALWAYS dislike the first pictures of any car (e90, e, X3, Z4 just to name a few). So I decided to wait until I see the car.
Last week I got a good look at a red one in Frankfurt. I have to say, this car is BEAUTIFUL! It looks like a 5, just smaller. The rear taillights remind me of a VW model, the Polo, however that should go away as well. BMW did a great job on this!
So please think twice before posting.

Thank you!
      08-05-2011, 06:34 AM   #29
Faust
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Vauxhall Calibra, M3 (E46)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-NC View Post
...But then I remembered that I ALWAYS dislike the first pictures of any car (e90, e, X3, Z4 just to name a few). So I decided to wait until I see the car...
Sorry but the new 1er is on a whole new level of ugliness. E90 is not a bad design and polarising as may have been both previous generation X3 and Z4 were not actually ugly. Well at least the Z4. The X3 was a bit of a turd now that I think of it :-)

But the new 1er is total failure and a steaming pile of shit of a design, at least when it comes to front and rear end. Seriously even a 5-year old kid would have done a better job. Of course there is always a "rationale" behind every attempt at design but in this case it is completely failed.

And come on, we are not haters. We love BMW. I really hoped for something sporty, elegant and evolutionary for the new 1er because the old one was a great hatch. But the design is unacceptable. I don't expect much change of heart when I see it up close tbh. It is so ugly it's unsalvagable imo. Only total redesign of the front and rear would make any difference but sadly that ain't gonna happen.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #30
boxim
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 AW E92 Xdrive

so when the camo is around the bottom thats the areo kit...sorry i didn't have a camera i saw the new 5 series in Las Vegas around July 10th with similar camo. i was confused because i knew the car had been released already. surprised no one else saw
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #31
BMW-NC
Germany
Rep

If you are ever outside of the US, make a point in looking at one.
      08-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #32
Rudeboy
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
@ all the haters:
Have you seen the car yet? No? THen shut up. Don't you think that BMW will have put quite some effort in the design to make it look like it does? Maybe it looks like that on purpose?
Oh I hated the press pictures. I called it a squeezed fish. But then I remembered that I ALWAYS dislike the first pictures of any car (e90, e, X3, Z4 just to name a few). So I decided to wait until I see the car.
Last week I got a good look at a red one in Frankfurt. I have to say, this car is BEAUTIFUL! It looks like a 5, just smaller. The rear taillights remind me of a VW model, the Polo, however that should go away as well. BMW did a great job on this!

Thank you!
+1 This car is gonna be a tuner monster!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #33
Propagator
Captain
Rep

Quote:
@ all the haters:

Thank you!
You have a strange rationale. Do you think that every ugly car ever existed came about because the designers didn't try, or the company didn't care? In fact, if the company really didn't care, we would get something quite boring and inoffensive. It's when it tries, and misses, that we get a massive failure such as this one.

Yes, I have not seen the car in person, and no, I won't shut up because of it, nor would I think twice before posting. What are you, new to internet?

Seriously, I get the argument that sometimes cars look quite different in flesh. That does happen. But I find it hard to believe that the objectively oversized headlamps will just shrink away when seen in person. Things like the surface curvature and paint colors, sure. I don't think that's the case here.

Look, it's well known that whenever a car company designs a car, it has to consider not only the external competition, but also the internal competition. That's why Toyota will never design a Camry that looks nicer than a Lexus. (Well, not intentionally anyway.) That's also why Kia doesn't care about making the new Optima look like an Audi, because they don't have anything up at that price level. It's clear to me that BMW wanted to make sure the 1er isn't as attractive as the 3er, but I think they WAY overdid themselves.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #34
Saphirschwarz
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2

Strangely, the disappointing view is the rear one for me... really nothing special, nothing except the badge to tell its a bimmer...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 06:55 AM   #35
BMW-NC
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post
question:
Seeing that more and more BMW models are being denied to North Americans, I was wondering if the M3 will be available here. I assumed it would, but (again) seeing BMW direction toward profit gouging us (min/max at all cost), I wasn't sure.

Any clarification?
I am not a company official, but isn't the Us amongst the 3 biggest markets for M products??? I'd bet my firstborn on it.....
      08-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #36
BMW-NC
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propagator View Post
You have a strange rationale. Do you think that every ugly car ever existed came about because the designers didn't try, or the company didn't care? In fact, if the company really didn't care, we would get something quite boring and inoffensive. It's when it tries, and misses, that we get a massive failure such as this one.

Yes, I have not seen the car in person, and no, I won't shut up because of it, nor would I think twice before posting. What are you, new to internet?

Seriously, I get the argument that sometimes cars look quite different in flesh. That does happen. But I find it hard to believe that the objectively oversized headlamps will just shrink away when seen in person. Things like the surface curvature and paint colors, sure. I don't think that's the case here.

Look, it's well known that whenever a car company designs a car, it has to consider not only the external competition, but also the internal competition. That's why Toyota will never design a Camry that looks nicer than a Lexus. (Well, not intentionally anyway.) That's also why Kia doesn't care about making the new Optima look like an Audi, because they don't have anything up at that price level. It's clear to me that BMW wanted to make sure the 1er isn't as attractive as the 3er, but I think they WAY overdid themselves.
You know, sometimes you just sit in front of your screen and get angry and sad, That is when posts like mine occur.... :-)
It is just that I saw it in person and was blown away of how nice it looks....
      08-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #37
Smokey
Lucky Lefty
Rep
Drives: on twisty roads

Garage List
2019 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2017 Porsche Macan GTS  [8.00]
2011 M3  [10.00]
2013 bmw F25 msport  [10.00]
2011 335iS  [9.60]
telling people to shut up because they don't agree with your opinion-- you must think you own the internet. The healights are UGLY

The Power of M
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #38
Propagator
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You know, sometimes you just sit in front of your screen and get angry and sad, That is when posts like mine occur.... :-)
It is just that I saw it in person and was blown away of how nice it looks....
Well, I'll also hope that the car looks better in person for the sake of the brand that I happen to own.
Appreciate 0