BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > KOBE!!!!

04-20-2016, 09:12 AM   #45
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
At the end of the day - Duncan is a more accomplished player in longevity, awards, and consistency.

Regardless of the players or system around him - Duncan is still relevant on a 67 win team fighting for a championship. The Lakers, with Kobe, are a lottery team in his last year.

Dirk is a great player - not even close to Duncan though...
We agree Kobe sucks...he has never been good unless he has an all star team around him with the best Center ever and the greatest coach ever.

I wouldn't argue the longevity. Dirk's longevity is amazing and actually better than Duncan. He's been the best player on his team every year in the league besides his rookie season (17 years in a row). Duncan has been the best on his team for MAYBE 12 years. Duncan has been in the league 3 more years, but Dirk is is STILL the best player on his team and has averaged more points and been a more impactful player the last 6 years. Duncan has been basically a role player for 5 years and essentially is no longer needed. He's the 5th or 6th best player on the Spurs. He was only Finals MVP 3/5 championships. My point.

Dirk can't help the fact his organization CANNOT draft and essentially wasted several prime years of his career on n00b free agents, failed drafting, and an owner pissing the NBA off. They also wasted the last 5 years of his career by breaking up the championship team and failing to get anyone good in Dallas for 5 seasons.

The fact the Spurs are fighting for a championship and have been great so long is a credit to the organization more than Duncan. They've clearly moved on from Duncan while also competing for a championship every year. They are the only team that has done that.

Duncan is an 8 and 7 guy today and really less relevant than he was earlier in the year. Dirk averaged over 18/game and took a GARBAGE Mavs team with no one and everyone hurt to a 6th seed in the West, tied 1-1 with the Thunder. Dirk, Raymond Felton, Salah Mejri, Wes Matthews, and Devin Harris are the FOURTH quarter guys of this team. Parsons out, Williams injured/out, and JJ Barea out and they still go.

Dirk's 1 championship is the most impressive championship in the last 25 years in the NBA.

Bulls 6 Times - Greatest player ever, greatest coach, ridiculous talent, multiple All Stars.
Lakers 5 Times - Best Center ever, top 10 all time, greatest coach, and all star cast.
Heat 2 times - Lebron and 2 All Stars in a weak Eastern Conf
Spurs 5 times - 2nd best coach ever, Parker/Ginobili/Robinson, best organization of the last 20 years, Duncan had Robinson in the first one and wasn't even the best on his team the last one. Still, amazing...not taking anything away.
Houston - 2 times with top 10 player all time, All star cast with Clyde, Same Cassell and Vernon Maxwell.
Celtics - 1 time with 3 hall of famers

Dirk's 1 championship had 0 all stars besides him, a 38 year old Jason Kidd far removed from his prime and Jason Terry as his best 2nd and 3rd options.

Dirk beat the Thunder, the Lakers (with prime Kobe), and the ridiculously talented heat with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Dirk would have 2 championships if the first one in 2006 wasn't stolen from him by crooked NBA refs handing Shaq and Wade a championship by putting Wade on the line literally every time down the court in the 4th.

Last edited by BayMoWe335; 04-20-2016 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 09:22 AM   #46
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Lol Dirk is no duncan. Duncan is relevant because of the system he's in that's reality. I love Tim Duncan he might be in the conversation for best pf ever, but the Mamba arguably one of the best players ever.
I get sad when I see people dismiss Dirk as "LOL he's no Duncan." I wish you could have seen him play every day and what he did for the Mavs. He's without argument a better offensive player than Duncan, better current player than Duncan, and was almost ALWAYS asked to do more for his team than Duncan while NEVER having as good of a team.

You guys have to remember, the Mavs organization is NOT the Spurs organization. Duncan got lucky enough to be part of the best Organization in sports. They are like the Patriots of the NBA, minus the cheating.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 10:25 AM   #47
ijnoj09
modjunkie
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
I get sad when I see people dismiss Dirk as "LOL he's no Duncan." I wish you could have seen him play every day and what he did for the Mavs. He's without argument a better offensive player than Duncan, better current player than Duncan, and was almost ALWAYS asked to do more for his team than Duncan while NEVER having as good of a team.

You guys have to remember, the Mavs organization is NOT the Spurs organization. Duncan got lucky enough to be part of the best Organization in sports. They are like the Patriots of the NBA, minus the cheating.
I got to admit, dirk did play unbelieveably that 2011 playoffs to the championship... he really stepped up his game from 2006.

Instagram: @jonji_pas
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #48
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Agreed Dirk is a better scorer/shooter, but Tim is a better rebounder, defender, passer, blocker and it's not even close. I like Dirk though i really do.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 05:44 PM   #49
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Stop it, Dirk is not Duncan.
      04-21-2016, 09:21 AM   #50
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Stop it, Dirk is not Duncan.
You're right. Offensively, Dirk is far superior and still a much more important part of his team today.

I know people ride Duncan because of his championships, but he's about to get another one and he won't even be the 5th best player. The Spurs are a GREAT organization and Duncan was a big part of it...but Dirk won it all with FAR less. Duncan was fortunate to have a great team, great coach, and great front office management his entire career. Duncan was finals MVP in 3/5 championships, proving he wasn't even the best player on his own team 2/5 times. Dirk never had the luxury of being the second or third best player on a championship team. If Dirk doesn't play well, the Mavs are dead.

Last edited by BayMoWe335; 04-21-2016 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #51
andyaero
Registered
Rep
Drives: none

Hey Muddtt

Hey Muddtt,

Did you create a BMW i3 phone holder on thingiverse? I am trying to get a copy of it... Thanks.

Andy
Appreciate 0