BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Any after market add-ons you recommend ?

07-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #1
qwas
Rep
Drives: 116i

Any after market add-ons you recommend ?

something that you didn't order at first, or not even through the dealer ?

D.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #2
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

I recommend installing mud flaps up front to preserve the sills and keep the car cleaner. They are cheap at the dealer, and easy to install.

I also recommend getting rid of the run flat tires. Since there is no room for a spare tire, I carry some tools to deal with a flat tire:
- 12 V compressor.
- Torque wrench.
- Scissor jack.
- Plugging kit.

Regular tires have less unsprung mass, which will provide more grip. They are also less prone to tramlining, and they are cheaper to replace. You also have more available tires to choose from.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
Koalway Kid
Koalway Kid 69
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 120D Sport (f20)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
I recommend installing mud flaps up front to preserve the sills and keep the car cleaner. They are cheap at the dealer, and easy to install.

I also recommend getting rid of the run flat tires. Since there is no room for a spare tire, I carry some tools to deal with a flat tire:
- 12 V compressor.
- Torque wrench.
- Scissor jack.
- Plugging kit.

Regular tires have less unsprung mass, which will provide more grip. They are also less prone to tramlining, and they are cheaper to replace. You also have more available tires to choose from.
+ 1.... As soon as my original tyres wear down i will be replacing with non run flats.... I've used Falken FK452 tyres in the past....the ride, grip, feed back, even wear etc is far superior to run flats... plus much cheaper... the only down side is road noise.
120D Sport (F20) Bk Sapphire/Coral Red/Piano trim/Sport Seats/18” 385 wheels/ Sport 8 speed step auto/Park Assist/Internet/Office/3D Nav/DAB radio/ Harmon Kardon/M Sport suspension/Anthracite headlining/ Driver comfort package/Interior comfort package/ Visibility package/Sun protection package/BMW Pro Media package/Variable m sport steering/PDC
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #4
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
M Performance twin exhaust pipes

Love the run flats btw...... I find the new RFT generation a lot better than previous, like on my 2005 Cooper S.