BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW M135i vs Subaru WRX STI 340R Track Test by Auto Express

01-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #45
jerseygirl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkawekrue View Post
m135i are so sick...i will someday import one to the US. muahahahaha
i love the way it looks too. nice car! beamer that is. subaru are great cars too but no way as refined
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #46
Rolitto
Second Lieutenant
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: BMW

The BMW M135i is definitely a great car but the look is aweful. Subaru, you suck Big Time.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #47
s!ke
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 6MT

Garage List
did he say it redlines at 10k? Wow

/// 2008 e92 335i 6sp JB/CR | COBB AP | AR DP's | AFE DCI | FMIC | BMS Cowl Filters | Stett CP | Forge DV's | Sig photo by jMeas!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 02:06 AM   #48
thenewrick
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 335i Black Sapphire

10 yr old cheaper STi still the king. They haven't updated it because they haven't had to. Soon though. Soon. And it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #49
MartinHattingh
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 XDrive 2.0i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra08R View Post
Why are we even talking about a car with no Limited slip differential vs a WRX 4WD. no LSD = FAIL
Yeah, it's real FAIL that it's faster and more refined, isn't it?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #50
tommybisler
Rep
Drives: M135i

If there's one thing that annoys me more than anything at the moment it's people banging on about the lack of a LSD.

THE M135I IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A HARDCORE TRACK CAR.

Excuse the caps, but this really needs to be drilled into people. The M135i is a highly refined, daily-driver that even my Grandma could drive comfortably, that also happens to be extremely rapid. If I wanted a hardcore track car I would get the 1M. One of the reasons I like the M135i so much is because it's so comfortable for daily driving and has that Jekyll and Hyde characteristic.

The fact the thing still bombs it round a track at insane speeds is a credit to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #51
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommybisler View Post
If there's one thing that annoys me more than anything at the moment it's people banging on about the lack of a LSD.

Excuse the caps, but this really needs to be drilled into people. The M135i is a highly refined, daily-driver that even my Grandma could drive comfortably, that also happens to be extremely rapid. If I wanted a hardcore track car I would get the 1M. One of the reasons I like the M135i so much is because it's so comfortable for daily driving and has that Jekyll and Hyde characteristic.

The fact the thing still bombs it round a track at insane speeds is a credit to BMW.
If it was up to me, ALL BMWs should be delivered with a mechanical limited slip differential. If not as standard, at least as an option. The LSD is not a track driving feature, but a very useful part for everybody who drive in slippery conditions. It makes the car handle better and get significantly better traction on winter roads.

But then again, the fake LSD system in the F20 is also a lot better than nothing. On corner exits, the braking of the inner wheel feels like torque vectoring when you are on the throttle. It kills the understeer you would otherwise get in that situation.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #52
tommybisler
Rep
Drives: M135i

I don't disagree but at the end of the day BMW are a profit making business and fitting an LSD unnecessarily is just another cost.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #53
Bradbury
Vroooooom!
Norway
Rep
Drives: F20 120d

Garage List
Not if they had it as an option.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #54
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:

Well said.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #55
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post
Not if they had it as an option.
Now BMW is losing some aftermarket sales to companies like Quaife, since there will always be quite a few BMW owners who NEED to install LSD to make the car work like intended.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #56
Tra08R
Money never sleeps
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 - 2007

Quote:

Guys, its not a track car thing, incase you guys arent old enough to remember but BMW in the past used to have a LSD. Then one year they decided to only limit it to M vehicles only to defferentiate it... and also of coz not all grannies need a LSD in their 540i
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #57
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Guys, its not a track car thing, incase you guys arent old enough to remember but BMW in the past used to have a LSD. Then one year they decided to only limit it to M vehicles only to defferentiate it... and also of coz not all grannies need a LSD in their 540i
+1. In 1996-97 when I bought my first BMW, a 318ti compact, both a mechanical "lsd" and "asc+t" (esp of the time) were among available options. I don't remember if you had to choose one or both together were possible.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #58
Tra08R
Money never sleeps
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 - 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinHattingh View Post
Yeah, it's real FAIL that it's faster and more refined, isn't it?
u dont sound that bright.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #59
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

Quote:
u dont sound that bright.
explain yourself properly, don't just post antagonistic comments please!
Appreciate 0