BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Sport seat question

07-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
dafila
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116D Sport

Sport seat question

Hey guys,

A few weeks ago i posted something about the sport seats being to tight for me. Even tough i'm not really big, so It's very strange for me. And the bolsters are also completely deflated.. By now I have driven 5000km in a few weeks and it's a bit better, but I still feel very cramped in the seats. Next week i've got some time to see my dealer about it. I really hope they can do something about it... Anyone else feels cramped in the seats, and feels the seats are too small ?

On this image I have highlighted where my back is sore. If I push there with my fingers, I can feel the metal frame. Can somebody confirm they can also feel the metal frame there ??

Regards and thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
1thomas
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M539

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [10.00]
Weird.. I have quite a wide upper body/shoulders and I wish I could make them even tighter. BUT: I have a quite tall upper body too, so that the sides of the seat are more supporting my hips than anything else and this marked spot is quite low for me.

No more 1-series. Just a '14 Focus Diesel Wagon company-daily. Oh and this one..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
dafila
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1thomas View Post
Weird.. I have quite a wide upper body/shoulders and I wish I could make them even tighter. BUT: I have a quite tall upper body too, so that the sides of the seat are more supporting my hips than anything else and this marked spot is quite low for me.
That's probably the difference, I don't have a small upper body, and I can just feel the bolsters touching underneath my shoulderS..

Can you also feel the metal frame with you fingers at the marked spot ?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
I checked it out right now. I've got the m-sport seats, but I am sure they are identical except for the cloth/Alcantara. There is electrical adjustment of the side bolsters.

I can feel the seat construction deep down in the bolster when pushing my thumb really hard into the spot you marked out. When seated I can't feel anything else than a firm but even support from the bolsters. Nothing uncomfortable, and the adjustment range goes from too wide (no support) to too narrow. Mid position fits my 182cm/82kg body perfect, since I like firm support.

Maybe they make smaller seats for certain markets where people are smaller than us europeans - and you got the wrong seat? Not likely.....
Hope your dealer can find a solution.
      07-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
dafila
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspeed View Post
I checked it out right now. I've got the m-sport seats, but I am sure they are identical except for the cloth/Alcantara. There is electrical adjustment of the side bolsters.

I can feel the seat construction deep down in the bolster when pushing my thumb really hard into ....
Thanks for checking it out. I don't have to press that hard to feel the seat frame at the point I marked. So I really hope I have a wrong seat (even tough my passenger seat is also the same), and that it's not just my body not fitting..
Appreciate 0