BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Fault codes not stored

07-31-2023, 03:50 AM   #1
Multitude4943
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118i 2014

Fault codes not stored

Three years ago I bought a BMW 118i from 2014. Added a retrofit Android Auto/CarPlay module and a tow bar. Always ran nicely, but now 30K later I'm experiencing some troubles.

It started with a drivetrain malfunction that caused the car to break down. Turning the engine off, waiting for a couple of minutes and on turn it back on solved this most of the time. In the workshop, they replaced the battery and reset the gateway (it was full of errors) after which it was working and running smoothly again.

Two weeks later, after some smooth rides, the car wouldn't turn on. Road assistance came, saw some fuel pump problems, but couldn't get it started as well. The car was towed away and was delivered a week later to the workshop. There it just started, no errors/fault codes were found and everything runs smoothly.

Does anybody have an idea what this can be and why the errors are not stored/visible after the engine is turned off?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 08:57 AM   #2
DomMuc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

roadside assistance cleared the errormemory
Appreciate 0