BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Can't figure out if mine is a sport or M sport HELP

04-07-2023, 01:54 PM   #1
Wellingtonz
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 118i f20 n13/ 320i F30 N20

Can't figure out if mine is a sport or M sport HELP

I have a 2012 118i F20 pre lci with sunroof.

on the papers it says sport but people with the same car said that it won't put M sport even if it is because theirs is an M sport but it only says sport.

Mine has the rear bumper with the single outlet and a black line going across the bumper.

I have sport+ and a M sport front bumper but without working front sensors. I also do not have any on/off sensor switch for the front while the others said theirs have it.

they also said that a 118i sport and m sport should come with a M BBK kit from factory, is this true? because I got the car with a stock normal brake.

bought it a year ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 03:40 PM   #2
IJO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 116I F20

Sounds like you have a Sport, like my 116i pre lci.

Just basic spec brakes, suspension, single tailpipe,but Sport is embossed onto the door opening trim.

Enter your vin into Bimmer.work

This will give you the vehicle spec and options.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 06:02 PM   #3
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Primarily, just as suggested already, check if your car has the "337 M Sport Package | M Sportpaket" factory option.

If it does not, you can see how much retrofitted of it you have. Neither sensors (unrelated) nor M-Sport brakes (available only with M-Sport) are mandatory. Nor is M-Sport suspension. I have two brochures (a local and a UK). They feature certain differences in M Sport package definition. In common (unique M-Sport features only):
  • "M" door sill finishers;
  • "M" shorter gearshift lever in case of MT;
  • Hexagon cloth/Alcantara upholstery (if present - may be leather as well);
  • Interior trim Aluminium Hexagon with Estoril Blue finisher (if present - may be other options as well);
  • Remote control with integrated key, with inset in blue;
  • M aerodynamic body styling;
  • Exhaust tailpipe Chrome (if you can tell it from non-M Sport's Dark Chrome);
  • Estoril Blue exterior colour (if present - may be other options as well);
  • M Sport brakes (an option).

I attached the UK brochure for reference. I had to split it (at page 17) as it exceeded the size allowance. You can merge them back into one using a free online ".pdf" editor. Just for example, simply select both files at once into https://smallpdf.com/edit-pdf (they'll get merged), name the resulting file and download it (or use https://smallpdf.com/merge-pdf ).

Last edited by No one; 04-07-2023 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: Attached a brochure.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2023, 06:11 AM   #4
IJO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 116I F20

In the vin decoder, 337 is "M sports package.
My Sport doesn't have that option, so not an M Sport
Appreciate 0