BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Help with the correct tyre pressure!!

06-30-2013, 02:51 AM   #1
Michael457
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M125i

Help with the correct tyre pressure!!

Hello 😄

Need some help!!! I know that tyre pressures are displayed inside the door but everyone says otherwise when it comes to the correct tyre pressure. Everyone also had their own preferences. I normally drive with my tyres at 2.5 bar. They are 18 inch continental tyres. Now I'm going away and will be covering about 800km one way with two people in the car and luggage... What should i make my tyre pressure?

Would love to know what others think

Thanks. Happy Sunday all!!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 03:56 AM   #2
georgie
Rep
Drives: coming

Just picked up my car this week - 18 inch RFT and dealer told me that they specify 40psi - that is what they run them at and that is what BMW Australia recommend - just a guide
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 04:56 AM   #3
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael457 View Post
Hello 😄

Need some help!!! I know that tyre pressures are displayed inside the door but everyone says otherwise when it comes to the correct tyre pressure. Everyone also had their own preferences. I normally drive with my tyres at 2.5 bar. They are 18 inch continental tyres. Now I'm going away and will be covering about 800km one way with two people in the car and luggage... What should i make my tyre pressure?

I am running 2.4 bar in all corners, and that seems to work fine for me. The car performs well on the limit, and the tyre wear is rather even. My track driving eats away the outside edges of the front tyres, but that is as expected.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 05:20 AM   #4
Bob UK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 18d X-Drive

18" Brigestone Potenza RFT's and I run them at 2.4 bar with 2 people plus luggage.

When the car is just myself or 2 people no cargo for a while I'll drop them to 2.2 bar.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
krugerjq
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: X3 2d M Sport, F800GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael457 View Post
Hello 😄

Think 2.5 bar should be fine. The tire pressure increase slightly if the tires heats up.
Appreciate 0