BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Introverts vs. Extroverts- What are you? (POLL)
View Poll Results: Are you an introvert or extrovert?
I'm an introvert. 111 75.51%
I'm an extrovert!!! 36 24.49%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

06-09-2015, 02:11 AM   #1
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Introverts vs. Extroverts- What are you? (POLL)

Are you an introvert or extrovert? I would assume that most here are introverts because we are people who spend time on an online forum. But it seems like we have some big personalities here, and we are BMW drivers too, haha! But are you truly extroverts in real life? Is being one better than the other, in your opinion? I'm an introvert and I'm fine with it.

Edit: Here's a quick quiz if you aren't sure: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/com...-ambivert.html

Update: I realize some of you are wishy-washy ambiverts, and I tried to change the poll but can't. Sorry!

Update: Introverts are kicking butt! This pic was posted by ddk632 and I love it so much I'm re-posting it here
Attached Images

Last edited by bimmette; 06-18-2015 at 01:12 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 02:18 AM   #2
Ragged Edge
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16F80,TR6,Defender,PA23-250T

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Interesting idea that 'cause I follow bimmerpost that I'm more likely to be an introvert. I'ld like to see the results and see if it's true, as I am definitely an introvert!
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 02:22 AM   #3
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Oh and to all you introverted lurkers, this is one time you should feel free to join in, haha! Please vote!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 02:40 AM   #4
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Would an introverted person have their own youtube page with their own videos? Bimmette, you're an extrovert babe.
      06-09-2015, 02:42 AM   #5
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc
Would an introverted person have their own youtube page with their own videos? Bimmette, you're an extrovert babe.
I knew someone would say that. I almost always make the videos by myself in private. I actually read recently that most big YouTube stars are introverts, which made me happy
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 02:43 AM   #6
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc
And vote, goddammit. Which are you?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 02:46 AM   #7
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Here's clarification in very simple terms:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 02:52 AM   #8
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Based on the illustration above, I would be classified as an extrovert but I don't like to be around a lot of people. I consider myself an introvert though. Is there an in-betweener?
      06-09-2015, 02:54 AM   #9
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc
Based on the illustration above, I would be classified as an extrovert but I don't like to be around a lot of people. I consider myself an introvert though. Is there an in-betweener?
Yeah I don't know how accurate the illustration is. I'm an introvert but I think I'm ok with change. It's probably one or the other with a couple minor characteristics that are in between.
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 05:02 AM   #10
Ragged Edge
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16F80,TR6,Defender,PA23-250T

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Yeah I don't know how accurate the illustration is. I'm an introvert but I think I'm ok with change. It's probably one or the other with a couple minor characteristics that are in between.
Agreed.
I am a confirmed adrenaline junkie and adventure seeker, and I do enjoy sudden changes despite being an introvert. So that would agree with your observation of an inbetween-er.... er. ... or whatever you want to call me, is fine. Just agreeing that the diagram may not always be accurate.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 05:06 AM   #11
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I think I'm extrovert so i voted as such. Not 100% sure though.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 06:30 AM   #12
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

What if you're both? I can't cast my ballot.

When I go out, I'm usually pretty loud, talkative, and make my presence known. However, that's not ALL the time. There are a lot instances where I really just want to buckle down and keep to myself and just do my own thing and not have anyone around me. Both ends of the spectrum keep my life interesting, because I have no problem doing things on my own, but at the same point in time I love meeting new people and trying new things and pushing my comfort zone.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #13
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup
What if you're both? I can't cast my ballot.

When I go out, I'm usually pretty loud, talkative, and make my presence known. However, that's not ALL the time. There are a lot instances where I really just want to buckle down and keep to myself and just do my own thing and not have anyone around me. Both ends of the spectrum keep my life interesting, because I have no problem doing things on my own, but at the same point in time I love meeting new people and trying new things and pushing my comfort zone.
I'd guess you're more of an extrovert. I think most people who are introverts really know they are introverts. We are never the loud ones at a party.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 07:48 AM   #14
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

I don't know, I still think I classify myself as an ambivert if anything. I don't think I extrude extrovert tendencies all the time when I go out, but at the same time I enjoy being alone sometimes for a day or days just doing my own thing and not being bothered. I feel like I have a pretty fair balance between the two.

What directly makes you an introvert personally? When you go out, do you not really care to meet new people or try new things, but just keep to yourself? Don't go out often and just like hanging out at home or in a calm environment?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 07:56 AM   #15
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Billup Stop trying to swing both ways and pick one!

Ok, geez, over 500 views and barely any votes. This is just screaming seriously introverted lurkers or else you all don't know what you are! So here is a fast quiz. It's a good one:
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/com...-ambivert.html
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 07:56 AM   #16
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
What directly makes you an introvert personally? When you go out, do you not really care to meet new people or try new things, but just keep to yourself? Don't go out often and just like hanging out at home or in a calm environment?
That's kinda what makes an introvert an introvert. If you can turn off your "introvertness" when at a party or what not then you were never an introvert to start with.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 07:59 AM   #17
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
That's kinda what makes an introvert an introvert. If you can turn off your "introvertness" when at a party or what not then you were never an introvert to start with.
Yes, exactly!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:07 AM   #18
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Yeah I understand that, but my question was, do introverts just not feel the urge to meet people or talk to people and just keep to themselves? If that's the case, why would an intro want to go out at all then? Wouldn't it just make for a stressful situation since they're more inclined to keep to themselves?

I'm not one, so I don't know the thought process of an intro. Genuinely curious.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:10 AM   #19
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Extrovert. Always have been the outgoing one in a family of introverts.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:11 AM   #20
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Yeah I understand that, but my question was, do introverts just not feel the urge to meet people or talk to people and just keep to themselves? If that's the case, why would an intro want to go out at all then? Wouldn't it just make for a stressful situation since they're more inclined to keep to themselves?

I'm not one, so I don't know the thought process of an intro. Genuinely curious.
Yeah, you're right. Most of us would rather just stay home.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:12 AM   #21
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANGRKE70
Extrovert. Always have been the outgoing one in a family of introverts.
Interesting. Hmm my sibling is an extrovert too.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:21 AM   #22
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Funny thing is most of my friends are very much extroverts. I think they have to be because had they been introverts they would of never come up to talk to me and I sure as shit would have never bothered to talk to them.
Appreciate 0