BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > failiing college

03-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #23
Corey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '92 240SX

College is easy? The working world is hard? Is this thread a joke? I guess after graduating from community college a real job would seem pretty hard.. Then again I work for the state.

"You're going to have your heart broken, and you're gonna repair it with zipties."
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #24
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
school isnt that bad for me... kinda boring... kinda hard... but hard for me is when I get a B... one more final 2 go then breakk

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 03:41 PM   #25
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Man, I miss college.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #26
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by picus View Post
Man, I miss college.
me too...college was fun especially since i was school'd in the US as opposed to canada...
      03-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #27
2009BMW335
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
not really, you go to class, they tell you what you need to know/need to learn

originality and independant thought is whats difficult, which your not required to have in college
i agree with you in totality, for once

far more ignorant things were said in this thread than my comment btw.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #28
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Also want to add that the difficulty level between that of a community college and a university is really intense. I have friends who asked me why I study so much and don't even have a 4.0GPA, when they're just studying on a base-to basis and are doing darn well. I compare what I learn to what they're doing and it's day and night I recently went to one of my friend's class at a junior college because he didn't have his car for that day so I gave him a ride, and I saw the same lame kids from high school. The day I went was when there was a pop quiz and half the class walked out! As if you can really do that in a real university.
You want me to make fun of your school? And study habits? And the way you part your hair? Sorry, not everyone is as smart as you, or had the parents to tell them that school is important.

You're generalizing about all community colleges. Nice. And I think you meant 'day-to-day basis', Mr. Grammar Policeman.

I don't know why the fail rate of advanced physics and organic chemistry are so high at your school. I guess people who go to your college just didn't have the study habits and intelligence to get into a better one. People at your school think they can study for just a few hours a day and pass without a problem. People from SFV are just like that, I guess.

BTW, I don't know what SFV means. You shouldn't generalize about all students at community college. Forgive me, I'm ranting. You hit a sore spot. Just don't be so judgmental.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #29
2009BMW335
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
You want me to make fun of your school? And study habits? And the way you part your hair? Sorry, not everyone is as smart as you, or had the parents to tell them that school is important.

You're generalizing about all community colleges. Nice. And I think you meant 'day-to-day basis', Mr. Grammar Policeman.

I don't know why the fail rate of advanced physics and organic chemistry are so high at your school. I guess people who go to your college just didn't have the study habits and intelligence to get into a better one. People at your school think they can study for just a few hours a day and pass without a problem. People from SFV are just like that, I guess.

BTW, I don't know what SFV means. You shouldn't generalize about all students at community college. Forgive me, I'm ranting. You hit a sore spot. Just don't be so judgmental.
for reals. i go to a university and most of my friends go to community colleges. theyre as smart as i am and the education they are getting is as valuable as the one i'm getting
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 04:36 PM   #30
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Join a fraternity...and have your little bro/pledges do all your homework!
      03-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #31
dejav0o
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG 330i

You know back in the days, our parents didn't have BMWs to drive to school. They had to walk to class in 5 ft of snow, sometimes without shoes because they had no money, go to class, work a full time job, cook dinner, save the world from destruction AND still have do that page math homework........ at least that's what I was told.
      03-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #32
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
me too...college was fun especially since i was school'd in the US as opposed to canada...
Cool, where did you go?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #33
GregL
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 CLA45 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by picus View Post
Cool, where did you go?
And how much more did you pay than you would have here?
2006 BMW 330xi - Gone
2001 Infiniti QX4 - Gone
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 05:35 PM   #34
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
And how much more did you pay than you would have here?
I went to a school in the US and paid about the same there as I would have here. Maybe ~10-15% more. That was before prices went way up for tuition in California though.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #35
younghov85
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 black 325

Focus on school like this: school=money

chasing nice cars can make you lose money but you wont lose nice cars chasing money. so chase your education in school and you will have 10 BMWs
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #36
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Man do I miss college. It was such a blast. I'd go out almost every night of the week, now thinking of going out any day thats not Friday or Saturday makes my head hurt haha, and I'm only 23.

I do wish I would have applied myself a little more. It wouldn't be helping me either way but I looked at my transcripts the other day and wish my 2.9 was more like a 3.2-3.5 which it could have easily been had I not had such a good time. My GPA would have been higher if I didn't have to take so many filler courses that I slacked in, damn liberal arts school haha.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 06:10 PM   #37
jbake
OG
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I went to a university, back to a CC and back to a university. All you gotta do is get your crap done and get decent grades mostly B's and some A's and you will be set for life. Think about all the mods you will be able to afford after you graduate. This should be enough motivation for you to get crackin on the math HW.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 06:22 PM   #38
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I didn't find math boring...if I did I guess I wouldn't have majored in it.
      03-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #39
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshaw View Post
I didn't find math boring...if I did I guess I wouldn't have majored in it.
lol majored in math... damn. i could never do that. good thing i only need a year

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 06:28 PM   #40
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

As others have said- it really depends on you and your time managment skill. But I have to admit I get distracted pretty easily. hehehe
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #41
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post

I'm far from being the smartest one in the class, I'm just trying to get by and raise my GPA up from the first 2 years when I messed up by working full time and got by with C's. So hopefully by the time I graduate, my overall GPA is at least 3.5 and I will score decent on the DCAT.

Yes, I generalized about all JuCo's, of course there are smart folks out there who go to JuCo's for whatever reasons. I had a couple of friends from high school who didn't go to the top ranked schools that they got accepted to because of financial problems. But compared the smart people to the slackers who go to a JuCo just because they have to or they just want to go to school "just 'cause." I know A LOT of rich kids who go into JuCo's because they simply have to go to school in order to keep milking from their families. As one of my friend put it, "why should I worried about a degree, my parents are rich and I'm set for life."

I probably did hit the sore spot for you, but generalizing is what we do everyday. Are there decent drivers in fixed up Honda Civics? yes...but we still generalize them as Ricers. When I go on JuCo campuses, it reminds me so much of what high school was, kids still smoking weed in the bathrooms and talking about what party they're going to go to tonight.

Nothing is wrong with my university, go look at the top schools and see what the fail rate for the harder classes are, these are the classes that make people want to switch major or re think about their career choices. I just came out of my recitation class and have no idea what the teacher is talking about, along with the rest of the class. So now I will, yet, re read the chapter for the 3rd time in order to pick up something I missed.

I'm not trying to sound like a smarty pants because I'm not. I study my ass off just to get by with a B average while others just skim the book and get A's. I'm about to finish my 4th year here at my university at the age of 21, and I already have no life except for the occasional Saturday dates with chicks. And this is before the Dentistry school and residential crap.

You can do anything you want as long you are hungry enough and know prioritize your schedule.

And BTW the sig is made for those posters who butcher words and sentences to the point of no comprehension.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #42
0asis
Senior Officer In Charge.
Canada
Rep
Drives: G30 540i / Past: F10,E92, E46

you go to university to get an education.
you go to college to get a job
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 07:52 PM   #43
SteanLV
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Liberty Walk M3

I go to a community college but next year i will be going to UNLV.. Ive seen the classes between two schools and its all the same. Its not easy especially if i dont get a single day off throughout the week and e90post is my getaway from all the stress.. lol imo and yah i will be a chemistry major (undergraduate study for pharmacy)
      03-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #44
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome View Post
college is so fucking easy
lol? what did you major in...english? lmfao
what an ignorant comment
Appreciate 0