BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Bluetooth in F20

03-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
bth
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d 2013, F20

Bluetooth in F20

Hi 1addicts,

I'm new in this forum, but I've just bought myself a 118d F20, so I thought it might be a good way to know more and share my experiences.

My F20 does not have bluetooth, but i would like to install it. First I thought of the FISCON module, but it seems my radio does not have the optical output.

I would really love to use the built in screen and the wheel controls for the bluetooth, but don't know what to do and what to buy?

1) Is it possible to install a new Radio Professional with the fiber optic output and then install the FISCON just like that?

2) Are there any other solutions that I've missed?

Hope you're able to answer my questions and would like to help, it would be much appreciated!

Regards,
bth
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2017, 01:57 AM   #2
maybera
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 F20 116i 136HP

I would advise you hang out in the F30 forum. There is more information there.

I myself also have the basic head unit. What you need to do is to buy a head unit with built in bluetooth. I have seen these units made by Magneti Marelli and Conti in the 2013 & 2014 & 2015 year models. Once you have the unit, assuming you already have the esys+pzdata, you will have to delete 6VB, change 6NH to 6NS (or add if you dont have it already) and code your FA (FA coding has endless documents here on other sections of the forum so please read and learn.).
Appreciate 0