BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > 2014 328i drive will crank out won’t start

12-20-2023, 12:50 AM   #1
Luoma118
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

2014 328i drive will crank out won’t start

So I have a 2014 328i that I bought a week ago. Guy put a new motor in it due to person before blowing out rod bearings. Anyways car ran awesome no issues at all until today. I was driving down the highway with 0 issues and all the sudden I got the drivetrain malfunction on my dash and car was slowing down, so I pull over to side of road, shut car off and try to start it, and it would only crank. I get out and I can smell fuel very strongly. I looked under car and there was a puddle of fuel, so I look at the fuel line and the guy that put the motor in, must have not of clipped the fuel line on good because it was leaking out of there. So I push fuel line back on and going into car and try to start it and I could only get it to run for about a second and would just die back down. Had a couple attempts where it ran for 4-5 seconds and then just fizzled out. I’m kind of lost where to go next. Is there codes I might need to clear? Could the fuel pump of gotten messed up? (Which I don’t know if it would have cause I can hear it engaging and it’s almost running). Is there a way to prime a fuel pump on the 328i or is that only on the diesels? Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0