BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Bmw 530i 2017 105k km rattles everytime i fill gass

12-18-2023, 12:36 PM   #1
ezrabmw
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw 530i

Bmw 530i 2017 105k km rattles everytime i fill gass

Hello everyone, I need some assistance with my car issue. For the past few months, my car has been exhibiting a slight rattle upon starting, which usually subsides after some time. Additionally, I've noticed intermittent jerking during cold starts, occurring roughly every 2-3 weeks for a few seconds. Recently, after filling up with Shell 93 + Nitro, my car struggled to turn on during the second attempt, and the engine was shaking noticeably. After a few minutes of driving, the issue seemed to resolve itself.

Seeking advice, a mechanic suggested using a fuel system cleaner, considering the car's relatively low mileage. I followed the recommendation, adding the cleaner to a half tank, running it almost empty, and then refilling the tank over the weekend. Surprisingly, the car did not shake initially, but when I came to a red light in drive, it attempted to shut off twice. The RPM dropped significantly, almost leading to a stall, accompanied by a distinct rattling noise (different from previous instances) occurring twice before stopping.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or assistance you can provide.
Appreciate 0