BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW hit me with 1700.00 bill today

01-11-2015, 09:45 PM   #23
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsault270
I was in a similar situation when i returned my f10 in May. Way too long to get into the details now but I received a bill for almost $1,800. Long story short I took BMWFS to arbitration and settled with them for a lower amount.
Good to hear that at least, since lease returns take place at a BMW dealer, the inspection should be done in the presence of the leasee with a service advisor, that performs at least a low level inspection. Dents, scratches, damage, tires etc can be easily seen and written up that exceed lease return contracted issues. This car was flaules yet was also hit with 400 dollars in cosmetic damages and no explanation. Also took almost 3 months to even hear there WAS an issue.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #24
reihani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
Yes, it is in the lease contract; you have to return the vehicle with RFT's if it came with them (I'm assuming you're referring to a non-M car, because M3/4 comes with non-RFT). They will hit you every time with that bill. However, you do not have to return it with the same RFT's... it just has to be ANY brand RFT. Hope this helps
It has to be the same RFT. With the "star" logo stamped on the side.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 07:35 PM   #25
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

FINAL Result

Well, after for the most part thinking I would have to throw a few under the bus on this one, the result is interesting to say the least. A phone call to BMW Lease Termination Department turned out this...

I explained everything as in this thread as best I could, turns out I have to give some high fives to the dealer as I thought for the most part they didn't quite do their job. SEEMS I was completely wrong on that. The reason according to BMW that I was NOT notified after the inspection was because they 100% approved the actual lease return with zero issues and a perfect termination. The dealer had the choice to sell or send to auction, they chose auction. At that point, the auction house caught 400 in body damage, (who knows where that came from) and 1700 in NON Rft's. In turn BMW was notified and sent me closing statement per my contract.

BMW realized that a current and long time customer was dissatisfied, and after on hold for 15 minutes came back to the phone and said this, "we are terminating the FULL bill amount and in addition are sending you a loyalty check in the amount of 350.00" Thank you BMW. End of Story

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:33 PM   #26
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

Nice ... I wonder who is going to eat the $$. At least it was not you.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 01:25 AM   #27
reihani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
Well, after for the most part thinking I would have to throw a few under the bus on this one, the result is interesting to say the least. A phone call to BMW Lease Termination Department turned out this...

I explained everything as in this thread as best I could, turns out I have to give some high fives to the dealer as I thought for the most part they didn't quite do their job. SEEMS I was completely wrong on that. The reason according to BMW that I was NOT notified after the inspection was because they 100% approved the actual lease return with zero issues and a perfect termination. The dealer had the choice to sell or send to auction, they chose auction. At that point, the auction house caught 400 in body damage, (who knows where that came from) and 1700 in NON Rft's. In turn BMW was notified and sent me closing statement per my contract.

BMW realized that a current and long time customer was dissatisfied, and after on hold for 15 minutes came back to the phone and said this, "we are terminating the FULL bill amount and in addition are sending you a loyalty check in the amount of 350.00" Thank you BMW. End of Story
That is awesome. Congrats!
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2015, 06:56 PM   #28
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Quote:

Nice to see they did the right thing after exhausting all other options.
      01-21-2015, 05:32 AM   #29
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:

Christ, I've been a BMW owner for over 26 years and a combined 660,000 miles on 3 cars - all bought brand new (read as over $15K in parts for maintenance and repairs). When I discovered BMW programs the CBS to stop reading the oil quality data and makes the oil life monitor go defunct at 186,000 miles (so your car reminds you to change the oil every time you start it) I complained all over the place, and kindly got a fuck-you from BMW N.A.

Nice work
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 05:47 AM   #30
MTrezzz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lime Rock Edition

Quote:

Good to hear!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 08:59 AM   #31
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

How about just buying some used RTFs that are right at the minimum requirement for lease returns?
Appreciate 0