BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > MI 4's Secret co-star.

12-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

MI 4's Secret co-star.

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
If you can cast your mind back to the MI 4 announcement when I stated that another all-new BMW would make its secret appearance in the film.
Well now that secret is out.

It is the BMW 1er Sportline Sporthatch , which joins the 6er , X3 and BMW Vision Efficient Dynamics on the screen.
      12-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
BMWDAD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Porsche Macan

I saw the movie courtesy of my local BMW dealer, before the release.

Too much Cruise, not enough BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol01 View Post
I like that new HUD on i8

is a touch sensitive front windscreen
Believe it or not but BMW are actually working on something like that for the future. The version shown in the film is Computer generated, but they are looking at further advancements on connected drive to enhance connectivity with mobility. If you look at the Vision Connected Drive Concept - The same idea was achieveable by using the dash to search and scroll through information. The next stage is to take it to the view of the driver and passenger via advanced head-up-display. Also they are working on laser projection so that a destination appears as a laser hologram in a three dimensional format on the dash or windscreen.

It's not perfected but it is progressing and it is going to some Brave New World for BMW and in-car connectivity in the future.

Besides the Vision Efficient Dynamics Concept car looks fantastic on the big screen. And yes the i8. It does sound like a spaceship in real life.
      12-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
Wolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: on hold

just saw the movie... nothing special...
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
Sonnig
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F20 118i Sport

The drifting Alpine White Sport 1er at the end of this clip is so cool. Love it.
Appreciate 0