BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What's wrong with Irvine PD?

11-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #45
balance
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
these things happen to the best of us... i've been unlucky enough to get fined $150 for 50% tint !!! i was pulled over earlier this year (in spring)... and got a tint ticket. was also given a warning for no reflectors...

i ended up leaving my back tint and taking out my fronts... so now i have no tints in the front... i left the painted reflectors on though. havent gotten harassed at all after that.

by the way, RD leds arent that blue... i've seen the angels and the plate lights and they're both pretty white to me... i dont see why you'd get pulled over for those. i have mtec angel eye bulbs... and they're also white, never had an issue with those...

as for front plates, you'd prob need to fix that because its too obvious when you dont have one ...

i think with the tint and front plate fixed, you shouldnt have any issues with getting pulled over. the rest of the mods are pretty small and less obvious imo.
Yep I haven't really been bothered with tint too much though..I usually drive with my windows down. And yes RDs aren't that blue, he had an LED flashlight that he pointed to match the color and it was exactly the same. yet he said lights with any blue should not be allowed.
      11-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #46
Goody4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by balance View Post
Don't you have anything better to do?
Hmm...My 30+ posts compared to your 1000+ posts. One of us certainly has nothing better to do. (Just between you and me, though, I suspect I may get to 100 by the time this thread has ended. Shhh. Our little secret.)

Honestly, do you care what someone 3 miles down the road thinks of your taste, let alone someone over 3500 miles away? Enough to name-call? Really? For saying you have bad taste? The only thing a bad taste comment deserves is a shoulder shrug.

I think I understand you just fine.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #47
balance
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody4 View Post
Hmm...My 30+ posts compared to your 1000+ posts. One of us certainly has nothing better to do. (Just between you and me, though, I suspect I may get to 100 by the time this thread has ended. Shhh. Our little secret.)

Honestly, do you care what someone 3 miles down the road thinks of your taste, let alone someone over 3500 miles away? Enough to name-call? Really? For saying you have bad taste? The only thing a bad taste comment deserves is a shoulder shrug.

I think I understand you just fine.
Of course you have 30 posts you have nothing to talk about on here..you obviously don't do any modifications to your car or not interested in making your car any quicker. Your a hardcore follower of the law, correct? Never mind asking why you're in this thread. WHY ARE YOU EVEN ON THIS FORUM?
      11-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #48
balance
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
how do I close this thread?
      11-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #49
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
how do I close this thread?
become a moderator
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #50
MAJSlacker
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d (Monaco Blue/Oyster)

Quote:
Of course you have 30 posts you have nothing to talk about on here..you obviously don't do any modifications to your car or not interested in making your car any quicker. Your a hardcore follower of the law, correct? Never mind asking why you're in this thread. WHY ARE YOU EVEN ON THIS FORUM?
Not to try and cause problems...but I do think this is a little bit of a ridiculous comment.

I don't have any modifications on my car right now, and probably won't ever. That being said, there is a lot of knowledge on these forums that do not specifically address mods.

And yes, generally speaking, I am also a "follower" of the law. I think laws are good things, and when I break them, I do so at my own risk.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #51
balance
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJSlacker View Post
Not to try and cause problems...but I do think this is a little bit of a ridiculous comment.

I don't have any modifications on my car right now, and probably won't ever. That being said, there is a lot of knowledge on these forums that do not specifically address mods.

And yes, generally speaking, I am also a "follower" of the law. I think laws are good things, and when I break them, I do so at my own risk.
yes i apologize that was uncalled for.
but you aren't going around insulting people
don't take me wrong it was just a heat of the moment sort of thing..i just have to get this thread closed now
      11-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #52
Goody4
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
WHY ARE YOU EVEN ON THIS FORUM?
Well, if you're here to complain about getting tickets for breaking law, what have YOU added to this community? Are your 1000 posts more the same, about how you're "sick and tired" of being harassed by police?

Let the moron-a-thon continue, I say.

We don't close this thread till I reach 100 posts. Agreed?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #53
MMAJNKE
MMA Changed My Life!
Japan
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 & f30 328i

Garage List
more drama then Jerry springer lol
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #54
MMAJNKE
MMA Changed My Life!
Japan
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 & f30 328i

Garage List
nope i think they like my car they always follow me and just drive off
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #55
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

i would file a complaint with the city against this cop for harassment

one thing you have to take into account is that CA is hard up for cash, their deficit is monstrous and they keep spending more and more money. so they go after people like you to get more and more money

i am even seeing the same things here in WA. the cops are targeting and harassing people and making up numbers above the speed limit you are driving to get their funds. my recent ticket in court, i lost, and my attorney has never lost a case before. the judge who knows my attorney told him that the state needs the money and he has been instructed that there will be no more winning traffic tickets....FFFFFFFUUUUUU
      11-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #56
balance
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Well, if you're here to complain about getting tickets for breaking law, what have YOU added to this community? Are your 1000 posts more the same, about how you're "sick and tired" of being harassed by police?

Let the moron-a-thon continue, I say.

We don't close this thread till I reach 100 posts. Agreed?
great..then 70% of your posts would be of you being an asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by second_2_nun View Post
more drama then Jerry springer lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post

one thing you have to take into account is that CA is hard up for cash, their deficit is monstrous and they keep spending more and more money. so they go after people like you to get more and more money

i am even seeing the same things here in WA. the cops are targeting and harassing people and making up numbers above the speed limit you are driving to get their funds. my recent ticket in court, i lost, and my attorney has never lost a case before. the judge who knows my attorney told him that the state needs the money and he has been instructed that there will be no more winning traffic tickets....FFFFFFFUUUUUU
yep my cousin's friend is a sheriff in LA and he strongly recommends to file a complaint. He said that they take those kind of things seriously. and lol that sucks man I don't think a traffic lawyer will work for me either.
      11-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #57
Goody4
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
great..then 70% of your posts would be of you being an asshole
Still, it's a lower percentage than you.

Why did the poster above get an "uncalled for" apology and I didn't? He can have no mods and obey the law, and still stick around on the forum, but I can't? So, saying someone has bad taste really is unforgivable in your eyes, huh? Sounds like an "imbalance" to me.

P.S. 60 more to go. You and I can do this. I know we can.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #58
JakeN5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post

Yeah, like WA doesn't have a money problem!? I'm from CA and last year I got nailed in WA on the 5 Fwy north of Seattle for driving at 65 mph in a 60 mph zone (estimated). I accepted the consequence, paid the fine (~ $90) but don't biatch about it until now. WTF! When you break the laws, you break the law. Suck it up in humiliation. Why do people think the laws are unjust when they apply to them? What's up with all these allegations about law enforcement gunning after motorists to raise money for state fund? It costs more to run a police dept annually than the revenue generated from traffic tickets, at least that of a major city. I'm sure there are BMW enthusiasts on this forum who are cops and reading these posts in silence because their absurdity doesn't merit a response.

PS: I'm not a cop.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #59
Schumacher
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Threads like this are precisely the reason i don't rice my car. People just find it unsavory and attitude of the kind of antisocial people that drive most of them does not help either.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #60
ex-poster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 328, 2006 330

(Although, I must admit I've seen movies like this, and in the end the cops win. Every time.)
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #61
balance
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Still, it's a lower percentage than you.

Why did the poster above get an "uncalled for" apology and I didn't? He can have no mods and obey the law, and still stick around on the forum, but I can't? So, saying someone has bad taste really is unforgivable in your eyes, huh? Sounds like an "imbalance" to me.

P.S. 60 more to go. You and I can do this. I know we can.
great. you win.
this is getting really old
have a great time ruining other people's threads
      11-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #62
frahuang
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e90 Blk/Blk 6MT

Yeah Irvine PD can be a pain, specially now they need revenue from tickets more than ever..

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #63
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisE92 View Post
I'm gonna have to agree. Irvine cops are so bored, they'll jump at any chance to write a ticket because it generates revenue for them and allows them to meet their monthly quota. That cop is going to keep pulling you over for all of those mods until you correct them, simply because he can. As long as you're running around with illegal tint, painted reflectors, and etc, that gives him reason to pull you over. Yes, he probably has it out for you too, and that might be because he's had to pull you over repeatedly for the same infractions.

It sucks, but what can you do? BTW where does he usually pull you over? It'd be nice to know so the rest of us can keep an eye out when we're in Irvine.
I guess I need to move to Irvine. It sounds like a nice law abiding community if the cops are that bored.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 06:21 PM   #64
Zero.7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340i AW M-Sport

Fellow Irvine fanatic here. Yeah, here in Irvine, the crime rate is so low (great thing of course), that cops sometimes don't have better things to do with their time than to pull someone over for window tinting or no front license plate. IMO, that's pretty ridiculous

I've gotten pulled over a few times for front window tints....now, I just leave them clear. I've gotten pulled over for front license plate delete also...guess what, I've got the front license plate on now. To me, it's just not worth the hassle.

Now, the law is the law. It truly does s*%k to get pulled over multiple times for window tint/front license plate delete....but as the saying goes, "don't do the crime if you don't have the time."

'16 f30 AW 340i M-sport
8-speed Auto
BMW ///M Performance Power and Sound Kit with Carbon Tips / Gloss Black Performance grilles
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #65
balance
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
let's not fight :/

btw, how the hell are the RD LED angels blue????

I mean, especially when your headlights are on!!

You can hardly see them enough to say they're blue.. and to me, they're white.. which is why I got them...

license plate light I don't know.. never seen it in person

and no reflectors? wthell?
I've never heard that..
can't you be like "what are you talking about officer?
I got it like that from the dealer!
(That will only work if your painted reflector is OEM with OEM part numbers...)
i must have not seen these posts..
exactly what i mean..they have a bit of blue to them, but not like a deep blue color. and i doubt that would work. he would be like, you should've known that before buying this car or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisE92 View Post
I'm gonna have to agree. Irvine cops are so bored, they'll jump at any chance to write a ticket because it generates revenue for them and allows them to meet their monthly quota. That cop is going to keep pulling you over for all of those mods until you correct them, simply because he can. As long as you're running around with illegal tint, painted reflectors, and etc, that gives him reason to pull you over. Yes, he probably has it out for you too, and that might be because he's had to pull you over repeatedly for the same infractions.

It sucks, but what can you do? BTW where does he usually pull you over? It'd be nice to know so the rest of us can keep an eye out when we're in Irvine.
A few times on Jeffrey. And when you turn left on Jeffrey and Walnut BE CAREFUL. The turn is followed by an s-turn of which the speed limit drops to 35mph, which is ridiculous because even people who drive carefully on the other streets don't go less than 45 and cops take advantage of this. Most people go around 50. This is where the motorcycle cops hide behind bushes etc etc. with their radar guns out. I actually JUST saw someone pulled over here about 30 minutes ago. be careful when driving near Irvine High School, motorcycle cop hides in the middle of the road where the road divides behind a tree with his radar. also when driving on Jeffrey about to hit walnut, you'll see a railroad crossing with construction and speed limit is 35. BE CAREFUL here. motorcycle cops hide in the weirdest places here. There is a huge thing on the road that tells you your speed limit and I've seen cops hide behind those. Going the opposite direction, the cops hide in a way that you won't see them until you pass them and look in your rear view mirror. This is where the cop u-turned to get me, but not for speeding. All these places I can't even remember the countless number of times I've seen people getting pulled over, including me. What sucks is that I didn't see anyone getting pulled over in these same spots until I first was.
      11-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #66
Goody4
Lieutenant
Rep

I have last word between you and I? Ok, here goes:

Did you read any of the advice I gave you during my "insults"?

I said you should get a radar detector. It's not a cure-all for speeding tickets, but it helps.

I said you should demod your car so you won't get picked on anymore.

I pointed out the folly of keeping mods you know will get you into trouble.

If that was bad advice, and ruined your thread, sorry. I'll just keep to the "insults" next time. I'll let you start the name-calling.

It seems you justed wanted "respect" instead of any honest, maybe-helpful maybe-not, opinions.

That's about as far as the olive branch extends on this end.

Safe motoring.

Last edited by Goody4; 11-22-2009 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: correct spelling errors
Appreciate 0