BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Rattle in doors

01-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #1
nicvw
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 125i Sport

Question Rattle in doors

Hi all

I have picked up on an annoying rattle in both the driver's and fron passenger doors in my car. I have heard the one in the passenger door on and off since I bought the car but when I took it back to the dealer it didn't make a single sound. I have since determined that it only occurs on rough or bumpy road services so the new roads around the dealership are a poor testing / proving ground.

Anyway, on to my actual point. I have been wondering whether the noise may be due to the installation of sun protection glazing by the dealer (as opposed to the factory fitted option). So I thought I check if anyone else on this forum has experienced anything similar due to after market additions to the car or whether some you also have door rattles for no apparent reason.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #2
Michael457
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M125i

Hey bud! Dam im sorry to hear about that! I have a rattle from my arm rest If im not leaning on it.. irritates me but doesnt really bother me as most of the time I am leaning on it :P.. door rattles seem to be a common problem with bmw cars, mini aswell... We have such crap roads here in South Africa, im starting to think that, that is the problem. I hope you get it sorted out man
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
mrclouzo
Greece
Rep
Drives: F20 116 ED

Hello, my f20 ED is 3 weeks old now with 3.000 km in the odometer. Everything was fine untill 2 days ago when suddenly i heard rattles from all the 4 doors. The strange thing is that with the windows down (even a little bit) those strange noises aytomatically stops. Any ideas? I will definetely go to my bmw dealer to check it (and hope fix it). It is really frustrating for a brand new car of this value and with so few kilometres to have this kind of problem
Appreciate 0