BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 116i Latin America - Snap In Question

05-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Question F20 116i Latin America - Snap In Question

Hello friends,
I just ordered my 116i here in Peru. I want to buy the Snap IN for my iPhone but sales agent says it won't work because I have Professional Audio System and I need Nav System... Is that right?

I'll go to the US and I'd like to buy some accesories (i.e. parking sensors, camera, snap in, etc) but I can't find for My VIN:*J140412

Any help?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eseminario
Hello friends,
I just ordered my 116i here in Peru. I want to buy the Snap IN for my iPhone but sales agent says it won't work because I have Professional Audio System and I need Nav System... Is that right?

I'll go to the US and I'd like to buy some accesories (i.e. parking sensors, camera, snap in, etc) but I can't find for My VIN:*J140412

Any help?
You only need the enhanced Bluetooth option for that!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #3
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eseminario View Post
Hello friends,

Any help?
You don't actually need the Snap In adapter to make your phone work or play music, but it is a nice and tidy way to store and charge your phone, and the roof antenna only works with the adapter.

There are 3 different adapters. I have copy/pasted the text from a BMW USA site:

Basic Adapter:
"This system provides a safe and secure place to dock your Apple iPhone while driving and will charge your phone battery when the vehicle is running. The adapter also provides a connection to the roof-mounted telephone antenna for improved cellular reception."

Music Adapter:
"This adapter is for vehicles equipped with the BMW Assist system with Bluetooth wireless technology and Smart Phone Integration. The smart phone option not only charges the phone, but allows access to any music or MP3 files stored on the phone. Also provides a connection to the roof mounted telephone antenna on your car for improved cellular reception. The adapter also provides a safe and secure place to dock your Smart Phone while driving and will charge your phone battery when the vehicle is running."

Media Adapter:
"This adapter is for vehicles equipped with the Smart Phone Integration or BMW APPS factory options. For vehicles with Smart Phone Integration, this adapter not only charges the phone, but allows access to any music or MP3 files stored on the phone. In addition, it provides a connection to the roof mounted telephone antenna on your car for improved cellular reception. For vehicles with BMW APPS, this adapter is required to fully utilize all features of this option. In addition to the great features noted for Smart Phone integration, it allows you to use the “PlugIn” as well as the “Video Playback” features."

From what you describe you'll probably need the Music Adapter. Good luck
      05-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspeed View Post
You don't actually need the Snap In adapter to make your phone work or play music, but it is a nice and tidy way to store and charge your phone, and the roof antenna only works with the adapter.

There are 3 different adapters. I have copy/pasted the text from a BMW USA site:

Basic Adapter:
"This system provides a safe and secure place to dock your Apple iPhone while driving and will charge your phone battery when the vehicle is running. The adapter also provides a connection to the roof-mounted telephone antenna for improved cellular reception."

Music Adapter:
"This adapter is for vehicles equipped with the BMW Assist system with Bluetooth wireless technology and Smart Phone Integration. The smart phone option not only charges the phone, but allows access to any music or MP3 files stored on the phone. Also provides a connection to the roof mounted telephone antenna on your car for improved cellular reception. The adapter also provides a safe and secure place to dock your Smart Phone while driving and will charge your phone battery when the vehicle is running."

Media Adapter:
"This adapter is for vehicles equipped with the Smart Phone Integration or BMW APPS factory options. For vehicles with Smart Phone Integration, this adapter not only charges the phone, but allows access to any music or MP3 files stored on the phone. In addition, it provides a connection to the roof mounted telephone antenna on your car for improved cellular reception. For vehicles with BMW APPS, this adapter is required to fully utilize all features of this option. In addition to the great features noted for Smart Phone integration, it allows you to use the “PlugIn” as well as the “Video Playback” features."

From what you describe you'll probably need the Music Adapter. Good luck
Thank you friends!
I'm looking for the media adapter... (for video playback from my iPhone). I'll call my dealer today and I'll let you know.
Thanks a lot!
Enrique
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
Pieter90
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 418d

Garage List
If you want media adapter for video playback, you will need the navigation system though
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #6
Pieter90
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 418d

Garage List
Oh sorry, I forgot the professional radio includes a screen now
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Still I am not sure if you can watch video without the nav screen and software.
Just ask before buying
      05-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #8
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep

Exclamation

That's exactly what my dealer told me yesterday. No video option without Nav System and I'm not willing to pay almost 3,000 USD for that.

At leasthe told me I can install parking sensors and rear camera. any web where I can buy those parts online?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #9
kanz_min
Driving Fast But Staying Calm
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: 2016 F16 X6 35i, 2017 M2 F87.

I've just bought an 116i since 3 weeks, but the consumption is always about 10-11l/100km, even the dealer informed that is 6l/100km. What's going wrong??? @
      12-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #10
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanz_min View Post
I've just bought an 116i since 3 weeks, but the consumption is always about 10-11l/100km, even the dealer informed that is 6l/100km. What's going wrong??? @
How long trips do you drive, and what is the average speed?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #11
kanz_min
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
How long trips do you drive, and what is the average speed?
I've driven about 360km and the average speed is 15km/h
      12-30-2013, 02:54 AM   #12
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

That is a very low average speed, which means you do mostly urban/city driving. To get the best fuel economy, you should cruise along at 50-80 km/h in top gear. Short trips will also make the figures worse, as the engine needs time to heat up. Anything shorter than 25 km will be difficult to do with a decent consumption due to the cold start.

Fortunately the car will become less thirsty over time as well, even for shorter city trips. It needs to be run in first to show its true potential. That will take 10000 km or so.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #13
kanz_min
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
That is a very low average speed, which means you do mostly urban/city driving. To get the best fuel economy, you should cruise along at 50-80 km/h in top gear. Short trips will also make the figures worse, as the engine needs time to heat up. Anything shorter than 25 km will be difficult to do with a decent consumption due to the cold start.

Fortunately the car will become less thirsty over time as well, even for shorter city trips. It needs to be run in first to show its true potential. That will take 10000 km or so.
Thanks alots, I live in vietnam so I can't drive faster in the city Anyway there is not anyproblem as I thought (about te engine)
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 05:01 AM   #14
kanz_min
Vietnam
Rep

I tried and saw that when the average speed is at 50km/h, the consumption is still about 7l/100km, that's great, not as I the first thought of the engine's problem