BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Urban trim scratch warning

04-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #1
SuperBin
Rep
Drives: 116i Urban Midnight Blue

Urban trim scratch warning

Thought i'd let anyone thinking of buying or have already bought the urban line know that the black mirror trim on center console, above the glovebox and on the doors is VERY easy to scratch. First scratch was achieved with a microfibre cloth at the detailers, then my wife decided to wipe it with a tissue to get a better view of the scratch and the entire section of trim is covered in fine scratches, look like swirls on old paintwork.
Not impressed that BMW opted to use a material in places that is exposed to wear that is so easily damaged. I haven't seen so not sure if this is the same black material in the sports line trim.
Anyone experienced this and been able to repair?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #2
ILUSV
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M135i

I had that trim in my F30; it looks nice but almost impossible to keep from getting scratched. I'm glad I got the Hex trim now.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 01:16 AM   #3
SuperBin
Rep
Drives: 116i Urban Midnight Blue

Only 1000$ difference between 116i urban and 118i here, if I'd known I could've convinced the wife she didn't need the black trim and gone the 118 in standard trim.

Thanks to N4speed who sent me links to a vinyl protector
Appreciate 0