BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Keep receiving tickets for salvaged car

01-08-2015, 09:45 PM   #1
Tk718
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 m550i

I have a situation with my old 335i which was flooded during Hurricane sandy and would like to get some opinions as to what I should do. My new car is also a 335i.

In 2012 the car was a salvaged by geico. I forgot to remove the registration and inspection sticker.

I never changed the registration number but just transferred to my new car. In 2013 I receive in the mail two tickets with the vin of the flooded car for expired registration and inspection. I call the local court which issued the tickets and they dismissed it and said it won't happen again.

Now just yesterday I receive again same type of tickets for expired registration and inspection but it's a different county now. I will call again to dismiss it , but I don't know how to prevent this from happening again. It appears that someone parks my old car on the street with my old registration sticker.

I called DMV , they don't have any info on the old car, and Geico doesn't want to deal with this they said it's not their problem anymore.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 07:36 AM   #2
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

This happened to us when our Acura MDX was totaled summer of 2012. Started getting parking tickets in the fall. It took a year to resolve with multiple forms to fill out. On the last form that we mailed out I wrote "TOW THE FUCKING CAR NEXT TIME!!"
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 07:42 AM   #3
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk718 View Post
I have a situation with my old 335i which was flooded during Hurricane sandy and would like to get some opinions as to what I should do. My new car is also a 335i.

In 2012 the car was a salvaged by geico. I forgot to remove the registration and inspection sticker.

I never changed the registration number but just transferred to my new car. In 2013 I receive in the mail two tickets with the vin of the flooded car for expired registration and inspection. I call the local court which issued the tickets and they dismissed it and said it won't happen again.

Now just yesterday I receive again same type of tickets for expired registration and inspection but it's a different county now. I will call again to dismiss it , but I don't know how to prevent this from happening again. It appears that someone parks my old car on the street with my old registration sticker.

I called DMV , they don't have any info on the old car, and Geico doesn't want to deal with this they said it's not their problem anymore.
I'm in NY as well. Good luck with getting this resolved and keeping most of your hair intact.

The NY DMV has some of the most stupid apathetic assholes working in their DMVs and in Albany.

I had to bring an attorney with me to the dmv once because they would not let me transfer a car from PA to NY because they wanted a physical title and could not comprehend how PA could possibly be a digital title state. Fucking ass hats.

GOOD LUCK OP