BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 M135i CrankShaft Stuck and Can't Start

11-19-2015, 09:12 AM   #23
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

My local dealer has an owner that comes from hotel business. They try to focus more on the customer than the product (the cars). They have plenty of parts in store, and can get most other parts the next morning. They have a fleet of rental cars (mostly F20) we can borrow in case of warranty issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 09:18 AM   #24
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by westphone View Post
they just call themselves BMW Taiwan. They also have BMW in China.
So Taiwan and China are the best of friends already? I heard there was some lasting confrontation.

Quote:
I think they get away with poor customer services because these are really nice cars.
You are not the only one who thinks so: http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showt...7#post12861647.

Try to contact BMW worldwide customer service, as ttimbo suggests, to turn it into a "RR case".

When I had my boot cover warranty repainted they gave me a free loaner. Not too eagerly, but I knew they should've from others' experience. If it weren't warranty they offer paid loaners, but those are costly, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
Well, I bet they don't let their RR customers languish
That's probably because RR (Rolls-Royce, I presume?) aren't very popular somehow.

Just incidentally. What about organizing an event like this: F20 Taiwan Mega Meet to demand some respect from the dealer? And take it over then.

Last edited by No one; 11-19-2015 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Added another forum link.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 04:23 PM   #25
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

My dealer relationship is pretty good, and I reckon they'd do their level best to get me a loaner if I really needed it in these circumstances. I hope never to test this!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 03:58 AM   #26
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M135i MT

Under Warranty

For what it matters, the warranty will cover this crankshaft not cranking issue. The car will be out of warranty next month, so I suppose I should be thankful that this thing happens THIS month.

When asked why only three years after 48000 km (~30000 miles) such wear happens, dealer couldn't answer. I never track the car, though I do mountain driving (1.5 hr) each two months, I just wanted to find out how I can prevent this from happening after another three years.... No answers~

Oh yeah they opened up my clutch too and said it needs replacement. I thought if the bite point is about the same then it's okay. Guess I am wrong. Am I wearing out the clutch too fast? I mean, I to match revs whenever it needs it....
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 05:26 AM   #27
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Oh yeah they opened up my clutch too and said it needs replacement. I thought if the bite point is about the same then it's okay. Guess I am wrong. Am I wearing out the clutch too fast? I mean, I to match revs whenever it needs it....
The clutch should usually last a lot longer than that.

The bite point will not change as the clutch wears out, since it adjusts hydraulically. When you replace the clutch, you will notice that the pedal effort is smaller with a new clutch. It is however difficult to notice that the clutch pedal is getting heavier, as it happens very gradually.
Appreciate 0