BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Problem with iDrive maybe...?

05-17-2013, 04:16 AM   #1
E92westy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 118d Sport

Problem with iDrive maybe...?

Car is an F20 March 2012 118d Sport with the standard iDrive so not satnav, which I've had for about six weeks.
If I’m hanging around waiting for the ladies of the house (you know the score ) listening to some music etc, then the car powers off after a few minutes.
I leave it like this but when I turn it back on I sometimes get a ‘No Signal’ message on the iDrive screen. I drive off and this stays on the screen, only seeming to clear after I’ve been away from the car (locked up) for 20 minutes or so.
Also, sometimes when I start up I get the ‘BMW’ text on the iDrive screen before it starts to function. I believe this is a reboot...?

Is this what you guys experience too; is it standard behaviour because I’m doing something wrong?
I’ve done some googling but not found a clear answer.
Just wanted ask before taking it in as I don’t want to look like a numpty…
Thanks.

(PS need to change my username!!)
      05-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
neilwilliams
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 116iSE

I think the BMW image being displayed depends how quickly you get in and start the car. I've seen it a few times and it's generally when I'm in a rush.

How are you listening to music? DAB/FM/MW/iPod/USB etc

I've only seen the no signal message when using DAB which I've not been impressed with. I'd suggest having the FM version on a preset button and trying to swap between them might wake it up.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 06:27 AM   #3
E92westy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 118d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilwilliams View Post
I think the BMW image being displayed depends how quickly you get in and start the car. I've seen it a few times and it's generally when I'm in a rush.

How are you listening to music? DAB/FM/MW/iPod/USB etc

I've only seen the no signal message when using DAB which I've not been impressed with. I'd suggest having the FM version on a preset button and trying to swap between them might wake it up.
Thanks, I don't have DAB and am usually listening to the iPod connected via a genuine 'Y' cable.
      05-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
neilwilliams
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 116iSE

Might be worth checking the iPod has woken from from standby mode if you see the no signal message.
Appreciate 0