BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Thinking of trading my x5m for m135i.. Couple of questions to be answered plz

07-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Aleksg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6m

Thinking of trading my x5m for m135i.. Couple of questions to be answered plz

Hello bimmers,

I am considering of trading my 2012 X5M for a 2014 m135i..
I know it might be a stupid idea of changing an m powered vehicle for a smaller hatchback but I've envied hatchback drivers and how fun their rides are.. I thought it would be ideal to trade it in since the new x5 is due soon.. I have a couple of questions I would like to have ur expertise since the dealership are not so sincere..

1) Im going to place an order for November 2013 production receiving it by January 2014.. Is the little monster due to a facelift? If so, Is it worth waiting.. Or go on with the order?

2) is the m135i considered the Elite of its series .. Are BMW considering an M power hatchback ?

3) what are the best colour combos, I would like to know the colours out there..

4) shall I go with the RWD or The xdrive for the little monster ?

Thank you fellow bimmers!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
pron
Private
Rep
Drives: 125i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksg View Post
Hello bimmers,

I know it might be a stupid idea of changing an m powered vehicle for a smaller hatchback but I've envied hatchback drivers and how fun their rides are.. I thought it would be ideal to trade it in since the new x5 is due soon.. I have a couple of questions I would like to have ur expertise since the dealership are not so sincere..

1) Im going to place an order for November 2013 production receiving it by January 2014.. Is the little monster due to a facelift? If so, Is it worth waiting.. Or go on with the order?

2) is the m135i considered the Elite of its series .. Are BMW considering an M power hatchback ?

3) what are the best colour combos, I would like to know the colours out there..

1) I would think that the F20 LCI will come around 2015. F20 came in 2011, and 4y is quite normal before a LCI.

2) I don't think a M will come, but maybe a M of the new 2-series. But you can have some performance upgrades.

3) I like the Estoril blue best myself.

4) At your place - rwd.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
Aleksg
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pron
Quote:
Hello bimmers,

1) I would think that the F20 LCI will come around 2015. F20 came in 2011, and 4y is quite normal before a LCI.

2) I don't think a M will come, but maybe a M of the new 2-series. But you can have some performance upgrades.

3) I like the Estoril blue best myself.

4) At your place - rwd.
Lovely !

Loving ur colour.. Whats ur interior???

im thinking of a white with a red interior myself!

Was chatting with one of my mates he said the a45 is so much superior to the Bavarian ! What do you guys think ..

Plus if its due to an lci is it worth getting it ?

I
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

The A45 AMG is slightly faster, but otherwise I think the BMW is better at most things, like sound, comfort, fun to drive, and in my opinion, even looks.

A white car is probably sensible in Kuwait, although I prefer orange myself.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 Competition, M135i (sol

Quote:
im thinking of a white with a red interior myself!
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #6
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
I paid the extra a bought a silver car. There are a lot of whites around here.

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
raffoul232
Private
Rep
Drives: m135i xdrive

I have never driven the sdrive but if you prefer a faster 0-100 km/h take the x-drive it does it in 4.7 seconds. Chris Harris did the sdrive in 4.4 so I'm sure he can make the xdrive go in 4 seconds flats. Color combo that's a hard one cause its up to you, but I went for estoril blue with the alcantara interior since it has blue stitching and the m colors by its side. If you live in an are that is quite hot/sunny then leather and sun are not best friends.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
Aleksg
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffoul232
I have never driven the sdrive but if you prefer a faster 0-100 km/h take the x-drive it does it in 4.7 seconds. Chris Harris did the sdrive in 4.4 so I'm sure he can make the xdrive go in 4 seconds flats. Color combo that's a hard one cause its up to you, but I went for estoril blue with the alcantara interior since it has blue stitching and the m colors by its side. If you live in an are that is quite hot/sunny then leather and sun are not best friends.
Thank u for the feedback mate!

Shall I reconsider for the time being since the LCI is due ? Or go forward with the order ..

The production is going to be novembers.. And I get receive it in January
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #9
Aleksg
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe
I paid the extra a bought a silver car. There are a lot of whites around here.

I love the color combo mate !
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #10
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Hello bimmers,

When you're currently driving an X5M, why should look down to any M135i when you would ambition to own a drivers car? I hope you don't every believe an X5 can be a better enthousiasts machine, even with the powerplant of the space shuttle?

I guess any X car with a "real" M badge is a hoax and is massively deluting the M brand. The M135i will be always miles and miles ahead: lighter, better balanced, better composed in curves, way more efficient and equally fast.

When you would be afraid stepping down, don't, you will be stepping up, and by a wide margin indeed! (while you keep piles of money in your pocket!)
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
Aleksg
Enlisted Member
Rep

Don't get me wrong the x5m is a real monster and I love it! But also a gas guzzler.. In the Kuwaiti market there is no such demand such as china or Russia for the M powered monster. So I'm thinking of taking it to the dealership and trading the vehicle for a drivers car.. But not an M division car.
I've been reading a lot of threads and people just say that this is not an M car.. BMW are tarnishing the M division by releasing cars without the real performance.

I was always fond of hatchbacks though and BMW with this ride seems like a fun motor to drive around on daily basis and it's equipped with a sport mode which is fun to drive.

The real question to ask.. Wait for the lci or go on with the order..

Was considering an a45 merc but hey what can I say I'm attached to Beemer more.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #12
raffoul232
Private
Rep
Drives: m135i xdrive

Well honestly the LCD would just be subtle changes to the outside. My theory is that you spend more time inside a car then out, so exterior shouldn't be such a priority. Interior wise I'm sure nothing will change part steering wheel. Personally interior accounts for like 70% of my decision.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #13
Aleksg
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffoul232
Well honestly the LCD would just be subtle changes to the outside. My theory is that you spend more time inside a car then out, so exterior shouldn't be such a priority. Interior wise I'm sure nothing will change part steering wheel. Personally interior accounts for like 70% of my decision.
Well put there mate .. Very true
I think ill go ahead with the order

Thank you for your feedback
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #14
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

If you'll put your order in november you can wait a little bit and take the new M235i instead...
That will be a complete new car
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #15
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
If you'll put your order in november you can wait a little bit and take the new M235i instead...
That will be a complete new car
A completely new car is not neccessarily a good thing. There are usually some issues with brand new models.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
Bob UK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 18d X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
A completely new car is not neccessarily a good thing. There are usually some issues with brand new models.
QFT given the current track record of BMW, given the choice I usually go for the last year of a manufacturing run. Usually means a sorted car with plenty of options added.