BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Officially Launches Access by BMW - U.S. Subscription Service, Including M Models

04-04-2018, 12:15 PM   #45
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

i'm in if they fully mod each car to my liking before delivering it to me
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 12:17 PM   #46
m4282
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue M4 w/Leather

prices must be in another "dollar" format outside of USD.....unless those bean counters have been smoking up...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 12:25 PM   #47
Tonyfsu21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, Jet Black, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Will cost between $2000-$3700 a month. A bit pricey, more than a mortgage payment to rent a car. You could lease an i8 or buy a used one for a lower monthly payment.
These prices are just a bit insane and make no sense. You can lease your choice of M vehicle on any given day starting at 700/mo to maybe $1500/mo for the M5! Why on earth would I pay $3700?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 12:26 PM   #48
Tonyfsu21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, Jet Black, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaffari46 View Post
Who much is to lease a m6, m4 or m2 again?
An M4 is $800-1200 depending on trim. The M tier is probably $3700. Even while paying for insurance and the flexibility of cars, the price is steep. You could lease an M4 and a X5M at the same time for less money.

FWIW I'd be willing to pay $1500 for a mid tier: X1-X5, 2 series, 3 series, 4 series, M2, M3/4, 5 series, and i3.

The 6,7, 8, and i8 and their M variants could be the upper tier at $2000+
Totally agree with this. $1500 sounds reasonable for that range of vehicles
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 12:29 PM   #49
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
This is amazing thanks BMW. I am absolutely going to try this if it comes to SoCal.

Trying every M car in the fleet would be an absolute blast and for neurotic people like me I'd never get board with the car I'm daily driving.
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #50
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Really seems like this is meant to be more for month to month people.

I mean if I have a month between cars I might try it. Would only want M2 though and doubt those are easy to get.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 12:50 PM   #51
prodigymb
Captain
Rep
Drives: V10+ R8, 997TT, Plaid, G550

3700 is way to expensive for something like this.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 12:57 PM   #52
Laserdude
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Jet black e93 335

The price is so high because you're essentially paying to be able to drive all of BMW's models. I could only see this being used for someone who wanted to "long term" test a multiple cars to see how they drive etc., using the service for a month or so until they make a decision on the car they want to lease/buy
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 01:12 PM   #53
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

$2000 per month in Nashville for the base program...if this has more than zero takers, I'll be surprised. In Nashville, that's probably house money. Decent house money.
Appreciate 1
Jadar1750.50
      04-04-2018, 01:13 PM   #54
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserdude View Post
The price is so high because you're essentially paying to be able to drive all of BMW's models. I could only see this being used for someone who wanted to "long term" test a multiple cars to see how they drive etc., using the service for a month or so until they make a decision on the car they want to lease/buy
That's a good point. I could see doing this for a month or so to really narrow down if I wanted let as ay an M5 or M6 or i8.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 01:17 PM   #55
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
That's a good point. I could see doing this for a month or so to really narrow down if I wanted let as ay an M5 or M6 or i8.
You can use Fair for that.
      04-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #56
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

it's also a problem that it's $700 more than the highest tier of Porsche's program of the same type.
Appreciate 2
Ibiza3480.00
      04-04-2018, 01:20 PM   #57
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Quote:
No consumer, other than Chris Harris or Matt Farah would need such a comprehensive experience before a purchase. That’s absurd.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #58
x5mannn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndukyh View Post
Lol Porsche's Passport program is cheaper. And this is in TN. What happens if/when it comes to SF? Ha, they will have to learn
That's what I was thinking, for that price I would do the Porsche plan
Appreciate 2
duky1313.00
      04-04-2018, 01:27 PM   #59
Laserdude
Private
United_States
Rep

Blank

To many people who want to spend $100,000+ on a car, such a comprehensive review could absolutely be needed. Many people cannot afford to shell out this kind of money for a car. This service could be very useful for people who want to make a significant car purchase and intend to keep the car for a long time or for people who can only afford to buy an expensive car once. This way they get to extensively test their options and make sure they're making the right decision. Plus, a lot of people like to know the ins and outs of every car, so to some people this might just suite their desires.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #60
Laserdude
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Quote:
No consumer, other than Chris Harris or Matt Farah would need such a comprehensive experience before a purchase. ThatÂ’s absurd.
To many people who want to spend $100,000+ on a car, such a comprehensive review could absolutely be needed. Many people cannot afford to shell out this kind of money for a car. This service could be very useful for people who want to make a significant car purchase and intend to keep the car for a long time or for people who can only afford to buy an expensive car once. This way they get to extensively test their options and make sure they're making the right decision. Plus, a lot of people like to know the ins and outs of every car, so to some people this might just suite their desires.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 01:37 PM   #61
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You’re assuming consumers are concerned with their money when it comes to
trivial purchases such as luxury sports cars. They aren’t. These cars are bought and dumped at an alarming rate. Pure emotion. No one today really buys a car expecting to keep it forever. You have guys on this site trading in one year old cars because of minor refreshes. Lol. I saw a brand new Benz AMG GT coupe at a Porsche dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 01:42 PM   #62
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Not really. This program is targeted towards a very specific audience. For myself, I'd be spending $15,672 less per year subscribing to the M Tier compared to the 3 DD cars I lease and insure. On top of that, it's month to month, I can pause my subscription when I'm away for extended periods and don't need to use it, and there's 2000mi per mo included and any unused miles rollover.

Is it expensive? Yes. Is it meant for a mass audience? No. Will this post garner criticism for financial choices? Absolutely.
you lease three vehicles and there is only a single driver in your household? Baller...

" Based on BMW’s own estimates, a hypothetical rich person interested in the subscription could lease a 2018 530e, a 2019 440i coupe, and a 2018 X5 xDrive all at once, and still come in under the $2,000 monthly price tag for the service. Sure, insurance and maintenance and whatever would put you over the top, but you’d get all three at once. You could lash them together and ride behind them on a great Bavarian chariot (NOTE: this may violate the terms of your lease and/or be illegal, please do not attempt). "

@lemeteier make sure to email the guy at jalopnik...

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 04-04-2018 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 01:45 PM   #63
Laserdude
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
YouÂ’re assuming consumers are concerned with their money when it comes to
trivial purchases such as luxury sports cars. They arenÂ’t. These cars are bought and dumped at an alarming rate. Pure emotion. No one today really buys a car expecting g to keep it forever. You have guys on this site trading in one year old cars because of minor refreshes. Lol.
Every consumer you know must have infinite disposable income, but I know many people who can only afford to make one or two significant car purchases and therefore need to keep the car for an extended amount of time. There actually are millions of people in the world who will buy one nice car and keep if forever, not everyone wants to keep cycling out cars or has the ability to. This is the case for many of my family members.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 01:53 PM   #64
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Every consumer you know must have infinite disposable income, but I know many people who can only afford to make one or two significant car purchases and therefore need to keep the car for an extended amount of time. There actually are millions of people in the world who will buy one nice car and keep if forever, not everyone wants to keep cycling out cars or has the ability to. This is the case for many of my family members.
Well...that calls into question your reasoning behind supporting this outrageously priced program. This program IS FOR those who might have disposable incomes because signing up for several thousands a month in a faux-rental program is not exactly for those with a budget in mind.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 01:56 PM   #65
Laserdude
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Well...that calls into question your reasoning behind supporting this outrageously priced program. This program IS FOR those who might have disposable incomes because signing up for several thousands a month in a faux-rental program is not exactly for those with a budget in mind.
You're completely correct. I'm just saying some people might want to pay for this service only for one month in order to completely validate their purchase decision. It is very expensive and impractical, but it could be that important to some people and maybe be worth it to negate the massive feeling of regret if they come to decide they chose the wrong car.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 02:03 PM   #66
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You're completely correct. I'm just saying some people might want to pay for this service only for one month in order to completely validate their purchase decision. It is very expensive and impractical, but it could be that important to some people and maybe be worth it to negate the massive feeling of regret if they come to decide they chose the wrong car.

I can certainly see your point but that’s a bit romantic. Novelty always wears off and this program is no guarantee that even after driving a car of your choice for a few weeks, it’ll be anymore clearer to you as which purchase is best. A Real ownership experience cannot be realized in a month or even two for that matter. That’s like saying you want to live in a place you’re vacationing in for a week.
Appreciate 0