BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > M135i Performance Parts Dilemma {Choices}
View Poll Results: Hot Or Not?
Hot 12 60.00%
Not 8 40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

05-28-2014, 02:14 AM   #23
Kribo
Rep
Drives: Bmw M135

Garage List
2009 120D  [0.00]
ay..i know a good panel shop in jhb,he actually does all the work for most bmw dealers.It abit annoying tho that thy cant fit the parts.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 02:35 AM   #24
petay135
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummy View Post
Howsit guys, sorry for the late reply!
So the parts are in JHB {Kribo }, they will have to be flown down! The only problem is, my BMW dealer or any actual BMW in the area dealer do not fit the exterior parts.

They have to DRIVE the car about 180km {111 Miles} to the fitting place. BMW charge R740 an hour {42 Pounds} but they have no clue how much the BMW panel beating place will charge me!

The entire process will take they said, about 8-10 hours, so labor becomes quite expensive. My main problem being that the exterior trim has to be done very far away. I also don't really trust anyone to drive my car that far, without me knowing how it is being driven!

So we are trying to get another BMW person/company to do the exterior, while the Chassis and perhaps the steering wheel will be fitted at my dealer!

Petay - Thanks for the confirmation in my choice! Going with the exterior bumper for sure!!

Vladberca - If I can't get the exterior done somewhere else, I will go that route! It will be too expensive for me to do the; full outside kit, chassis and steering, and still needing to pay a fortune for labor!

Cheers guys Thanks for all the help!!
Hey no problem hope you get it all in place without too much expense and hassle.

Makes me appreciate how easy it is over here to get the Performance parts supplied and fitted.

I sourced the front splitter unit at Leebmann 24.de in Germany and had it shipped to UK for £290 all in. My local dealer had the front PU off anyway as I was having the inside of the bumper sprayed where the factory paint was peeling so, as they had the front off and the paint mixed, they charged £150 to paint and fit the performance front splitter !!! massive result and good timing.

My MPE should be here from Germany by the end of the week to complete my "Performance" conversion project and I will post up a full pictorial review once fitted. This was £690 discounted

I tend to get most of my parts shipped from Germany as the Pound is very strong against the Euro right now

I am so pleased with how the new "nose job" personalises the car, had quite a few comments from petrolheads allready concerning the alloys and splitter all positive.

I also liked the 3D style carbon splitter which is available in the UK for about £400 but for less money I have stayed OEM and ultimately I think this is a cleaner, more integrated look although I know some find it a bit "blocky"

Good luck with your mission
Pete
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #25
DougM
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Comp DCT

Where is the best place to source MPerformance bits economically?

In Australia pricing is crazy - I priced the interior MP Alcantara and carbon fibre trims to replace the silver bits and it was over A$1,000 to buy......!!

Even the side skirts (really decals or stickers) are $300.

Personally I dont like the front bumper and the race steering wheel is a bit too "bling" and gimmicky for me. I wanted to fit M235i sport steering wheel but was also expensive as you need the complete unit with different sharpe airbag etc.

So I ended up with MP exhaust, quaife LSD and evolve technik chip and it's great.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #26
Wizzzz
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013M135i View Post
Where is the best place to source MPerformance bits economically?
Get in contact with BMR Autowerkes (Sydney based).

http://www.bmraw.com
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 03:37 AM   #27
Hummy
Rep
Drives: BMW M135I

Hi everyone!

So just over a month later, everything has been installed. I am not too sure if you guys will get the notification of me replying

Please let me know if anyone would like me to upload some pics, or if they would like a review on;

1: Body Kit
2: Race Display Steering Wheel
3: M performance Chassis
{It's actually the suspension, but it's loaded on their system as Chassis}
*I may create another thread, with pics and comments, if anyone in the forum would like!

Thanks so much to everyone for all your input and advice on the different aspect of the car!
It was a tedious processes, but one that should not put anyone off - Should they decide to venture down a similar path.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #28
petay135
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Pics of everything please
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #29
Hummy
Rep

Awesome! Will do the uploads tomorrow, Petay - Cheers for all your help!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #30
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Just update this thread
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #31
Hummy
Rep

I will upload he pics tomorrow! I've realised the ones I took, are pretty horrible haha.

Anyway, for anyone that's interested in the;Please read on
1: M Performance Chassis
3: M Performance Body Kit

1: M Performance Chassis
*You will need to purchase the coils separately. They cost about R6000 = $562
*They are Red, front + rear.

Impressions
I decided on this upgrade firstly due to the aesthetics, more than the athletic ability it will add to my car. The initial drop of 10mm was tough to see on the first day, but after a couple of days and seeing it from further away, it was noticeable.

Performance
Absolutely amazing. Anyone that has an M135i knows the great handling it posses out the box. However after having the car for a year, I did notice some body roll. There was also too much oversteer - which is fun at times, scary on other occasions. The handling is very precise. It's quick, agile and spot on. It ducks and dives with ease and the body roll has greatly decreased. I should also add my tyres are pretty worn out, I do need a new set {I have run flats at the moment}. The ride is stiffer. The front going over bumps okay, the back however comes down hard, this is at near rolling speeds - I have a manual. I drove 200km today across different types of tar, it's not horrible or unbearable, but noticeably stiffer.
-For anyone thinking of purchasing this upgrade, I would give a double thumbs up. You will feel the difference no doubt. The drop makes the M135i look amazing, even though it's only 10mm. The precision that the car has afterwards is amazing- or should I say, more amazing.

*The thinner wheel is available, as seen in the F30 I believe. Also full Alcantara and flashy lights

Impressions
They original steering wheel was awesome. The M Performance Wheel does not have an "M" logo, but the newer version, the thinner version, does however. There was no real benefit to adding the Wheel, besides being able to see your; Eco Efficiency % and the important; Oil + Water temp, without entering the hidden menu.

Performance
Not much here. Awesome feel to it. I love the flat bottom, but it doesn't take time to get used to, if you using a certain steering technique. The lights are awesome!! I don't see them that often, since I set it at 6000rpm, so I see it in 1st gear and that about it hahaha! Still a cool item to show to your friends

3: M Performance Body Kit
*No link in the South African Store
*Parts arrive raw, unpainted - So you can paint them whatever style you prefer!
*Front = Add On
*Sides = Add On
*Rear = Replaced

Impressions
At first I thought it was over the top, but I kinda got over the 'Plain' look of the car. So I obviously set up this thread, and received a lot of help from all corners of the world ! I will upload the pics tomorrow and you guys can decide if you like it or not! Some people did not like the top stripe over the car, but others find it awesome! If you do go for the stripe over the top, think of to purchasing the black kidneys grills, they are pricey but they have this effect of making the grills look larger. At the end of the day, it's your car and if you love the look, that's all that should matter

Cheers!
Let me know if there's anything else anyone would like to know
Hopefully I will be getting the 405M or 624M over the upcoming months!
Pics will be up tomorrow afternoon
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #32
petay135
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Look forward to the pics.

The voting is close on this one, how little they know lol

M Performance front end is the best way to balance the looks
405's are "the wheel"

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #33
Hummy
Rep

Pics

Petay : Very true what you saying it being 'the look' of the f20. The 624m caught my eye, but haven't seen on in the wild! I went to view the 405M vs the original and it's crazy to see how amazing the 405m actually are when you hold them!! . They did say at BMW that nobody in South Africa has the 604M

As promised though, here are the pics - Sorry about the lack of photography skills hahaha
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 05:53 AM   #34
petay135
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Superb, I bet you are turning a few heads!

I am starting to warm the the "Ti" stripes......hmmm am I brave enough
Appreciate 0