BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > blackberry connection on F20

09-18-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

blackberry connection on F20

Hi all

I am expecting my F20 in a few weeks time and my Blackberry torch phone comes off plan in a month. I am not sure if I keep the Blackberry or go for the Iphone5.

Any advise would be appreciated

Has anyone connected a Blackberry torch to their F20 via bluetooth?

Are there any tricks that need to be done during the pairing process and does the phone's contact list come up on the display.

I have optioned the Pro nav and connectivity
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
I use a (business) Blackberry Torch and a (personal) iPhone4s on my F20 and F07. Both connect seamlessly for bluetooth connectivity, contacts and in the case of the F07, for various enhanced features as it has the Premium HDD Professional SatNav/Connectivity. You will have no problem connecting the Torch to the F20 via bluetooth or an optional Y-Cable if you need to charge etc.

No specific tricks for pairing, its pretty straight forward. The phonebook comes up on display and can be operated via the iDrive and also the steering controls.

If you're considering the future, I would suggest the iPhone5 will be a good choice as it will come with a quite awesome i0S6 Turn-By-Turn navigation and improved Siri Voice Search (that unlike the Blackberry) can be quite useful both with or without your car's integrated system. BMW has been forging links with Apple and i believe you will find more Apps and integrated systems going forward (some of which may require additional hardware and retrofits in older cars)

It is all down to personal choice and budget, there have been considerable improvements on the Android front too, but at this time its hard to back RIM when they have bene paring back the consumer-business and focussing only on enterprise-solutions (menaing you will see less exciting developments for people like us in the car)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
Honziss
Private
Rep
Drives: F20 116d + E81 116i

I'm using f20 with bbs, one running 7.0, second running 7.1. Both are working very well, quick sync of contacts, even the teleservices works...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
Koalway Kid
Koalway Kid 69
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 120D Sport (f20)

Garage List
I'm operating 2 x BB's (Bold for work and Torch as personal one) both work perfectly with fast Bluetooth switching between the two phones, both display full phone books, plays e-mails and SMS messages.... It will also play and display music via Bluetooth.

But I'm just about to sign up to the iPhone 5 dark side to make full use of the dedicated BMW Apps
120D Sport (F20) Bk Sapphire/Coral Red/Piano trim/Sport Seats/18” 385 wheels/ Sport 8 speed step auto/Park Assist/Internet/Office/3D Nav/DAB radio/ Harmon Kardon/M Sport suspension/Anthracite headlining/ Driver comfort package/Interior comfort package/ Visibility package/Sun protection package/BMW Pro Media package/Variable m sport steering/PDC
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koalway Kid View Post

But I'm just about to sign up to the iPhone 5 dark side to make full use of the dedicated BMW Apps

Yes, that is one of the reasons I am also considering the Iphone5

If anyones get a new ipone5 in the next few weeks, let me know how it works in their 1er
Appreciate 0