BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Bought a Tropicana this morning

11-11-2016, 02:45 PM   #23
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
ORANGE?

Appreciate 1
mantis276.00
      11-11-2016, 03:32 PM   #24
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

I don't get how some people can repeat the same jokes over and over and still find it funny.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 03:45 PM   #25
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Sinple minds require simple entertainment. Look at how easily you can get children to laugh at the same things over and over. Their brains havent fully developed. In some cases this lack of development continues into adulthood.
Appreciate 3
Biorin2784.50
MKSixer34173.50
      11-11-2016, 04:06 PM   #26
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: geo metro

Public transportation sucks... I did it for 6 years in Chicago and never understood why some people say they like it because it shows a sense of community and sharing. Umm... no, it's just the most cost effective and/or fastest way to get to work - that's why no one talks to anyone on the subway.

Now I drive my 1M to work everyday and do a few power slides on my way home while enjoying what ever music I want and my personal space. Life is great in God's country.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #27
TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
So muslim girl in a bad mood must be pissed at you because you are white?

Oppressed white man... tell us more

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 3
      11-11-2016, 05:13 PM   #28
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck fat View Post
I don't get how some people can repeat the same jokes over and over and still find it funny.
Don't go into the political forum, it's a shitfest of condescending manchildren posting lame memes at each other.
Appreciate 2
      11-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #29
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 05:20 PM   #30
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Just ask her if she got the regular f*** in the morning or not? If not thats why
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 06:19 PM   #31
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrk
So i stopped and bought a Tropicana this morning in grand central at my usual spot. The woman that works there is a Muslim girl. Typically she is very nice and cordial.

Today she was obviously pissed about some thing. I'm not one to insinuate but i think she does not approve of our newly elected president. I'm a daily customer and do not care about her political virtues her religion or her ethnicity. I'm a New Yorker that wants my fucking morning OJ.

Yesterday i was on the train on my way to work and some crazy Nigerian chick looks at me, yes i'm white and wearing a suit and also well manicured. What does she do? She starts ranting at me about being the white devil or some shit..... I dealt with it. But after the incident today, i mean come on people......

Just venting. People it happened get over it. the republicans didn't riot when Obama was elected. Just DEAL.......
I'm not white but I agree with this. People have nothing better to do but act out of line
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 07:27 PM   #32
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Sounds like you have a case of white privilege guilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #33
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Just ask her if she got the regular f*** in the morning or not? If not thats why
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #34
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
Don't go into the political forum, it's a shitfest of condescending manchildren posting lame memes at each other.
I make it a point to avoid that place but their crap always manages to find its way to this area all the time.
Appreciate 1
aozer994.50
      11-12-2016, 01:14 PM   #35
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

It's pathetic really. In my graduate school program we had mid-20s adults literally drawing in color books to alleviate their "pain." Some undergrad institutions are handing out bubbles, cookies, and blankets. I thought higher education was supposed to prepare you for the real world where you have to deal with adversity and can't get everything you want?

People in my program were also acting like absolute children on social media and in class on Wednesday. They are more hateful and intolerant than the guy they hate so much. It just absolutely disgusted me and a number of others who just had to keep our mouths shut. I didn't even vote for either candidate so it's not like I'm very biased. My generation is beyond entitled and irrational. I suppose that's what happens when you've always gotten participation trophies and get your news from the likes of Facebook, Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, etc.

I'm glad there's football on today and tomorrow as well as Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner. Hopefully that will get the mainstream media and its zombie followers to STFU, grow up, and move on with their lives.

Last edited by Germanauto; 11-12-2016 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
shay2nak1070.00
      11-12-2016, 01:18 PM   #36
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post

You're missing the entire point of OP's post, maybe you should read it again?

Just b/c he is white doesn't mean he can't have an opinion. It seems like in this country nowadays your opinion somehow matters less if you were born into a certain zip code or skin color or religion. I'm neither white nor Christian btw, I just like fairness and objectivity.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 03:51 AM   #37
mantis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Garage List
2011 e90  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post

this shit right here, has people hating each other more and more.

sanctimonious instigators
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #38
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobmw_e90 View Post
I'm Muslim too.. Voted for trump, my entire close family didn't approve my choice but I saw the bigger picture, I didn't fall for Hillarys bullshit.. Its those who take this shit so damn serious that they think all hell will break loose Jan 20th..
Great job! Now all you have to is wait and become a second class citizen!

I can't believe you're a minority and actually proud of voting for that bigot.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 02:27 PM   #39
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto
It's pathetic really. In my graduate school program we had mid-20s adults literally drawing in color books to alleviate their "pain." Some undergrad institutions are handing out bubbles, cookies, and blankets. I thought higher education was supposed to prepare you for the real world where you have to deal with adversity and can't get everything you want?

People in my program were also acting like absolute children on social media and in class on Wednesday. They are more hateful and intolerant than the guy they hate so much. It just absolutely disgusted me and a number of others who just had to keep our mouths shut. I didn't even vote for either candidate so it's not like I'm very biased. My generation is beyond entitled and irrational. I suppose that's what happens when you've always gotten participation trophies and get your news from the likes of Facebook, Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, etc.

I'm glad there's football on today and tomorrow as well as Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner. Hopefully that will get the mainstream media and its zombie followers to STFU, grow up, and move on with their lives.
I'm confused as to why people are doing peaceful protests across the country. I don't understand what they hope to achieve? They must be unemployed to have the time to protest
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 02:44 PM   #40
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Did you at least drink the tropicana?
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2016, 07:31 AM   #41
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
Did you at least drink the tropicana?
Sure it was the least one can do to voice their discontent with all the morons in this country.

I have to say this girl is doing bit better this morning... but still not at her usual 100%. I'll give her another few days. Perhaps then we can once again have normal dialogue about meaningless shit like the weather.
      11-14-2016, 08:30 AM   #42
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

I'm british,
I live in canada
I'm asian (well origins are)
and I "would" have voted for trump...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobmw_e90 View Post
I'm Muslim too.. Voted for trump, my entire close family didn't approve my choice but I saw the bigger picture, I didn't fall for Hillarys bullshit.. Its those who take this shit so damn serious that they think all hell will break loose Jan 20th..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 08:41 AM   #43
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

to put it in context,
for most of my childhood, school and high school,

I got picked on, bullied, beaten up on occasion, purely because of the color of my skin and origins of my family,

back then entry into the work force also had racist barriers, and even in the workforce now to a latter extent,

so excuse me if I don't cry into my OJ for a couple of bad trips you may have had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrk View Post
So i stopped and bought a Tropicana this morning in grand central at my usual spot. The woman that works there is a Muslim girl. Typically she is very nice and cordial.

Today she was obviously pissed about some thing. I'm not one to insinuate but i think she does not approve of our newly elected president. I'm a daily customer and do not care about her political virtues her religion or her ethnicity. I'm a New Yorker that wants my fucking morning OJ.

Yesterday i was on the train on my way to work and some crazy Nigerian chick looks at me, yes i'm white and wearing a suit and also well manicured. What does she do? She starts ranting at me about being the white devil or some shit..... I dealt with it. But after the incident today, i mean come on people......

Just venting. People it happened get over it. the republicans didn't riot when Obama was elected. Just DEAL.......
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 08:42 AM   #44
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Uber

I've always found Tropicana OJ to taste awful. I have a few local Spanish shops around my area who freshly squeeze oranges, its a little pricier, but taste SO much better imo.
Appreciate 0