BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Savage LSx Swapped E36 M3 Tears up the Streets (video)

09-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #23
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsaint View Post
Very welcome

2,800 lbs and over 400whp thank you, and it's enough of a handful to be considered savage in my mind but thanks for your opinion. I'll note the 400whp to sub 2,000lb savage category for future reference lol

Specially when I'm over 800 in a few weeks.

Yes sir thats mine/me

Hahaha thanks I think its money

and glad you asked....

walked a GTR at the track a few weeks ago.

Absolutely demolished a new Audi S3 too, but didn't think it was really worthy of posting video.

K thanks, not doing any of that.

Would love to see your youtube channel though if you are such an expert?
Nice GT-R kill, but that driver didn't know what he was doing. He actually got out of the hole quicker than you, then looked to miss a shift or something.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #24
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
okay

and I agree I came off douchey with that response, but I have a hard time taking criticism from someone who doesn't know the time and effort to create something like what I posted and instead goes.

"Not really what I would call tearing up the streets, heres what you should do...."

I am more likely to listen to someone who
1. has experience,
2. I respect their work.
3. starts off on a positive note rather than negative.

like this.

"great video maybe for your next one you could do .... and ... I would definitely watch that!"

It differentiates constructive from douche criticism, delivery is everything.
Look. I really was trying to be helpful. Delivery is something, but my biggest mistake was offering an unsolicited critique. As a fellow artist (in other fields) i always welcome criticism, it's made me better by leaps and bounds. Even when i only pluck one item from their criticism. In life, embracing criticism can carry a person beyond their aspirations. Your criticism of my delivery is noted and will likely change the way i deliver next time.

Awesome car, check.
Great filming equipment, check.
Interesting ideas for clips, check.
Energy and desire to make cool videos, check.

You have everything you need to make a very interesting video about your car. But you didn't. And when your TARGET audience offers advice, you act like your shit doesn't stink. It doesn't take someone with filming experience to recognize which aspects of interesting videos make them interesting. I like some of your other videos of car events. It seems like you took the same approach of filming a car event and applied it to a single vehicle. I personally don't think it works as well as it could have.

I'm very interested in the build of your vehicle. I want to know how you did it. I want to know how it drives. I want to know how it sounds and i want to see it in action. Your video left me wanting for all of that. I would have watched your video even if it were twice as long, IF it explained how the build idea came about and how it came to fruition. Even a voice over explanation would have filled that want. Some more action with audio from the front end, inside and out back would have been very much appreciated. Nearly all E36m owners (past and present) have a E36/V8 fantasy and it largely has to do with the sound the V8 creates.

I do know how much energy and effort went into making your video. If you were some dude who built a car and made a video, i would have said cool car, thanks for sharing. But you have a link to your channel in your sig and you're asking for subscriptions to your channel.... actively promoting it along with your media website....... Wouldn't have offered suggestions if that weren't the case.

Again, sweet E36!
Mandi90TT2712.00
      09-21-2016, 11:36 AM   #25
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
TDi Treg??

If so - does it have a tune? DPF and SCR delete?

I have a '13 Treg making about 650 lb ft tq...DPF/SCR free
Very nice!!

No mines bone stock other than some cosmetic stuff.

I kind of need it to stay reliable hahah

I keep it nice though haha

[img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5687/2...8f73e75d_b.jpg[/img]
If you want it to stay reliable - DPF/SCR delete is what needs to happen.

Right now - the DPF on your Treg is the equivalent of you running a marathon while breathing through a straw.

And you are in FL too??

If so - No emissions inspections!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 11:57 AM   #26
Bsaint
BsaintMedia.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Collection of German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Look. I really was trying to be helpful. Delivery is something, but my biggest mistake was offering an unsolicited critique. As a fellow artist (in other fields) i always welcome criticism, it's made me better by leaps and bounds. Even when i only pluck one item from their criticism. In life, embracing criticism can carry a person beyond their aspirations. Your criticism of my delivery is noted and will likely change the way i deliver next time.

Awesome car, check.

You have everything you need to make a very interesting video about your car. But you didn't. And when your TARGET audience offers advice, you act like your shit doesn't stink. It doesn't take someone with filming experience to recognize which aspects of interesting videos make them interesting. I like some of your other videos of car events. It seems like you took the same approach of filming a car event and applied it to a single vehicle. I personally don't think it works as well as it could have.

I'm very interested in the build of your vehicle. I want to know how you did it. I want to know how it drives. I want to know how it sounds and i want to see it in action. Your video left me wanting for all of that. I would have watched your video even if it were twice as long, IF it explained how the build idea came about and how it came to fruition. Even a voice over explanation would have filled that want. Some more action with audio from the front end, inside and out back would have been very much appreciated. Nearly all E36m owners (past and present) have a E36/V8 fantasy and it largely has to do with the sound the V8 creates.

I do know how much energy and effort went into making your video. If you were some dude who built a car and made a video, i would have said cool car, thanks for sharing. But you have a link to your channel in your sig and you're asking for subscriptions to your channel.... actively promoting it along with your media website....... Wouldn't have offered suggestions if that weren't the case.

Again, sweet E36!
I can appreciate that,

Thank you for the clarification and I now can see where you are coming from rather then just rubbed the wrong way then told what to do.

I will definitely take all of those ideas into consideration for next time and I think if its what "the people want" like yourself, I owe it to myself to try it out.

Thank you!

/Respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Nice GT-R kill, but that driver didn't know what he was doing. He actually got out of the hole quicker than you, then looked to miss a shift or something.
Thats not what happened you have to read my comment in the actual video description to understand, but since you probably just clicked play I'll copy and paste it over. (also GTRs are auto.... can't miss shift, foot to floor, I had to shift)

"its a "street racing style event" so roll racing, no times no lights, dig races, 20-40mph rolls etc. Me and the GTR driver decided on doing a 20mph roll, so we both stop, slowly go get to the 20mph speed at the tree and GO. Win light at the end decides winner."

So in actuality I got the jump on him (torque) and he started catching met top end but never did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
If you want it to stay reliable - DPF/SCR delete is what needs to happen.

Right now - the DPF on your Treg is the equivalent of you running a marathon while breathing through a straw.

And you are in FL too??

If so - No emissions inspections!
Cars registered to my place in PA and go up every few months, they require yearly emissions/inspection sadly.

The M3 I leave down here (for now) so no worries including hood.
bimmette6452.50
Mr Tonka6058.00
      09-21-2016, 12:27 PM   #27
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka
Quote:
okay

and I agree I came off douchey with that response, but I have a hard time taking criticism from someone who doesn't know the time and effort to create something like what I posted and instead goes.

"Not really what I would call tearing up the streets, heres what you should do...."

1. has experience,
2. I respect their work.

like this.

"great video maybe for your next one you could do .... and ... I would definitely watch that!"

Awesome car, check.

Again, sweet E36!
Tl&dr but cute that you're still trying.
*pats head*
      09-21-2016, 01:17 PM   #28
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Tl&dr but cute that you're still trying.
*pats head*
First off, you lie. There is nothing in the OT that you would consider too long to read. (especially on marathon meeting day)

Second, those who can't, teach. lol

And C, me and Bsaint are plan on heading to Ft. Meyers to meet a certain BP member. We're going to take him out to the middle of the Glades for a "photo shoot" with intent to hijack his M2 and leave him there.

BTW, when do you get back from SF?
bimmette6452.50
      09-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #29
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
First off, you lie. There is nothing in the OT that you would consider too long to read. (especially on marathon meeting day)

And C, me and Bsaint are plan on heading to Ft. Meyers to meet a certain BP member. We're going to take him out to the middle of the Glades for a "photo shoot" with intent to hijack his M2 and leave him there.

BTW, when do you get back from SF?
Well, at least with his prologue style, I'll have LOTS of extra time on earth. Will the beating be "savage" (I hope so).

Edit: Gasoline, meet match (sorry in advance)
      09-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #30
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, at least with his prologue style, I'll have LOTS of extra time on earth. Will the beating be "savage" (I hope so).

Edit: Gasoline, meet match (sorry in advance)
No beating. Except on the M2. haha
      09-30-2016, 10:22 AM   #31
Bsaint
BsaintMedia.com
United_States
Rep

09-30-2016, 05:47 PM   #32
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Maybe take some of the money taped to the headliner and spend it to buy a hood.

In all seriousness-

I am not sure why but the paint on the rear tires made me feel like the rim was bent. Drove me crazy and I am only 2% OCD.

Car seems pretty cool and fun to drive. LSX swap all the things!

Being that Tonka is creating a jerk train, I will add this - maybe do rolling shots through fancy neighborhoods. Adds more to the dream.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 05:49 PM   #33
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
okay

1. has experience,
2. I respect their work.

like this.

I have never worked in retail, but I am pretty sure I would be an amazing salesperson. I don't doubt that I would be one of the best purse salesmen at Nordstroms. People with a keen sense of observations are able to comment accurately on things they have not really experienced.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 05:52 PM   #34
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Actually there are posts he never finishes reading because he typically quotes long posts only to get so caught up in correcting grammar that the day passes causing him to need to sign off to go to sleep.

To OP - the special fx show a commitment to detail that is admirable! shows in little details in the car as well.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      09-30-2016, 07:04 PM   #35
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker
Quote:

Actually, there are posts he never finishes reading. He typically quotes long posts only to get so caught up in correcting grammar that the day passes, thus causing him to need to sign off to go to sleep.

To OP - the special fx show a commitment to detail that is admirable! shows in little details in the car as well.
TL&DR
Heh. Corrected punctuation and run on sentence. Thanks!
Mr Tonka6058.00
      09-30-2016, 08:24 PM   #36
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
TL&DR
Heh. Corrected punctuation and run on sentence. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
jtodd_fl6703.50
      10-04-2016, 06:16 AM   #37
jimj911
When the F#$% did we get ice cream?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E92)

Garage List
Quote:
I can appreciate that,

Thank you for the clarification and I now can see where you are coming from rather then just rubbed the wrong way then told what to do.

I will definitely take all of those ideas into consideration for next time and I think if its what "the people want" like yourself, I owe it to myself to try it out.

Thank you!

/Respect

Thats not what happened you have to read my comment in the actual video description to understand, but since you probably just clicked play I'll copy and paste it over. (also GTRs are auto.... can't miss shift, foot to floor, I had to shift)

"its a "street racing style event" so roll racing, no times no lights, dig races, 20-40mph rolls etc. Me and the GTR driver decided on doing a 20mph roll, so we both stop, slowly go get to the 20mph speed at the tree and GO. Win light at the end decides winner."

So in actuality I got the jump on him (torque) and he started catching met top end but never did.

Cars registered to my place in PA and go up every few months, they require yearly emissions/inspection sadly.

The M3 I leave down here (for now) so no worries including hood.
I dont believe this to be true, unless it varies county to county. I am currently waiting to get the go ahead on our Touareg TDI because no emissions testing in our part of PA?

'08 BMW 335i, Dinan Stage 2
'14 BMW 535d Xdrive Msport, Stage 2
'14 Dodge 3500 Cummins Longhorn dually
'15 BMW X5M
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #38
Bsaint
BsaintMedia.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj911 View Post
I dont believe this to be true, unless it varies county to county. I am currently waiting to get the go ahead on our Touareg TDI because no emissions testing in our part of PA?
Yes emissions in PA different per county

Chester County, where it is registered it is required yearly.

The more Rural counties do not.