BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Newbie with Questions!

08-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Newbie with Questions!

Hi Guys,

My name is Dave and I live way up here in Eastern Canada, where amazingly enough, we're having an awesome summer. Ideal for a fine car like the awesome BMW Z4.

And that brings me to my problem - I don't have one! But I want to get one!!

So, I'm hoping you can provide me with some tips, suggestions, things to watch for and things to avoid. I'm hoping to get a 2006 3.0 si if all works out, although I'd certainly look at other model years if its a nice car.

I've already determined from this site that the SMG transmission is complex and owing to that, can be expensive to repair if it develops problems.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments anyone may wish to provide. And do wish me luck in my hunt!

Cheers Guys!

Dave
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Where exactly are you in Eastern Canada to have a beatiful summer? I live in Montréal and it sucks big time. July was a record for lack of sunshine. Anyway, last I checked my 2008 Z4MC was still on sale at BMW Laval. I returned it after a year to trade it for an E90 M3. The car has 20K kms and is in perfect condition. They have recently reduced the price to CAD 52K but I am sure you can get it for less than that.

Good luck.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0