BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > coil pack swap issues

03-20-2015, 11:57 PM   #1
greenjeans420
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 bmw 335i coupe

coil pack swap issues

hey guys im tryin to not lose my mind here but been out tryin to understand why my 07 bmw e92 coupe is misfiring well I tried to swap coil from cylinder 5 to cylinder 3 and 3 into 5 just to see if its a plug issue coil issue or a fuel pump issue so when swapping coils I noticed I have a oil filter gasket and maybe a valve cover gasket leak all I will be replacing once I get my walnut blast done and oil change for new oil filter gasket

I just wanted to start small and swap the coils to see if misfire followed coil

NOW I cant get either coil to seat back in its place atop the spark plug what am I doin wrong or is there a trick??? please any help is appreciated
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 11:58 AM   #2
squartus
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 6MT

Garage List
2010 E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
No trick, does take a bit of force to pop it over the head of the spark plug and seat the coil pack in place. Just make sure its facing the right way so you can plug the connecter back in easily.

4.4L LC stroker/ESS VT2-625/Volk te37 sl's/AA exhaust/DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft/ARH Headers.. etc
Appreciate 0